Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 01, 2008, 05:55 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,204 Posts
New Product
Jeti 2.4GHZ system with telemetry, easy-to-use sensors, and audio alarm!

The most popular module-based system in Europe.

No empty promises - just actually available products, that thousands of pilots already use.

Know nothing about Jeti Duplex? Feeling overwhelmed by the long text and tons of photos? No problem, I'll explain the main features briefly here, in the first paragraph of the posting:

Jeti offers upgrade modules for practically every transmitter, that has a PPM output somewhere. One can choose to put an external plug-in module in the module bay, or one can connect the module internally to the PPM output. This sounds harder than it actually is.
Once installed, one immediately has the advantages of telemetry. Every reciever, without any external sensors, transmits back it's supply voltage, and reception quality. Should there be transmission problems, the module's internal beeper will sound, to warn one before the link is lost. It will also beep, if the RX battery is low, before one crashes.
The Jeti Box, an info terminal, can be connected to every module. You can read the information in plain text here. Also, the recievers and sensors can be programmed with it. One can assign the different channels to different output ports, for example. One can set end points, mixers, trimmers, reverse, etc. One can set the warning voltage level of the RX battery to whatever voltage one wants. One can program the warning levels of the telemetry sensors, and assign different beep tones.
I like most the Sensors for electric flight: They are put between the flight pack and the ESC, and are connected to the telemetry port of the reciever. One can read actual voltage, current, and used capacity on the ground, and min/max values for it. One can program in a warning for voltage, current, and capacity: If one uses 1000mAh packs, one can set the warning level to 750mAh, and the beeper will sound, if this capacity is used up. This way, one has still juice left for restarts, and the pack is not depleted below 80%, ensuring long cycle life.
Once everything is programmend, one does not need the JetiBox any more. Just use the transmitter as usual, but now, the TX will beep before a problem occurs, or when the battery is low, etc. No need to rely on inaccurate flight timers any more, no guessing about the flight pack capacity left after a long flight.
Even the smallest 4-channel R4 reciever has full telemetry capacity. All recievers work down to a supply voltage of 2.8V, so there is no need for extra strong batterys, that some other systems need.
Already the small R4 or R5 recievers offer full range. I regularly fly them to the limits of my sight in a 2m glider. No need to buy dedicated "parkflyer-range" or "full-range" recievers. I fly my small recievers in indoor models during winter, and put them into my larger planes during summer.

Other options:
-The output framerate can be adjusted in a wide range, or it can be synchronized with the TX framerate for minimum latency.
-In case of signal loss, one can choose a failsafe position for each channel and a time, after that failsafe engages, or hold for all channels, or signal off for all channels.
-Multiple RXes can be operated at the same time, although the additional ones need to have their telemetry disabled, which can be programmed by the Jeti box. Idividual channels can be assigned to each reciever, like 2 pieces 4ch RXes. RX1: ch 1-4, RX2: ch 5-8
-Multiple sensors can be attached to one RX via the 4 channel expander.
-The larger RXes allow for up to 2 satellite RXes, thus giving 6 antennas in total.
-For the safety paranoid: Multiple modules can be operated from one transmitter, and the satellite RXes can be bound to different modules than the main RX. So one will still have control when one TX module fails.

Official description:

http://jetimodel.com/index.php?page=article&id=2

We present the innovative DUPLEX 2.4 GHz system by JETI Model for radio controlled models of all types working on the 2,4GHz band. Problems with interference and frequency control will be history, and operation on the 2,4GHz band will change your approach to radio control forever. In designing the DUPLEX system, our aim has always been to improve on what is offered by other radio control systems currently on the market. We offer you very sophisticated equipment offering reliable – duplex – secure – digital transmission of information.

Main advantages of the DUPLEX system:

no crystals used – no frequency checks required
you do not have to buy a new transmitter
easy and reliable binding of receivers to transmitters (you can use endless numbers of receivers with every transmitter)
high interference rejection provides safe operation - even in an interference rich environment
digital data transmision ensures distortion free transfer of information to the model
maximum safety
can be used with all types of models (aircraft, boats, cars)
two way communication between receiver and transmitter
telemetric data transfer to the model operator in real time
high sensitivity of receivers and high output of transmitters ensures visibility limit range
self-correcting coding of information
the DUPLEX system can handle up to 16 input channels with the use of two receivers
two aerial receivers ensure continuous control of models in any position, and eliminate blind spots caused by signal reflection
quality plotting of transmission channels and antenna position at start up, providing a low probability of transmission on busy or
interference rich channels
immediate response of the receiver output to changes in transmitter controls
transmitter modules are fitted with an alarm triggered by the receiver in dangerous situations (low receiver battery voltage, poor reception, etc.)
the DUPLEX system provides simultaneous operation of more than one receiver on the same transmitter (listening-in)
real time data display and easy programing using the JetiBox
failsafe with adjustable time delay.
receiver outputs can be changed to match any transmitter channel input
all of the receivers allow the setting of mixers, servo reverse, ATV, servo slow for each output on the receiver, even with the simplest of transmitters
How does the DUPLEX 2,4 GHz system work?

After switching on the transmitter and the receiver, the transmitter automatically acknowledges the receiver, and then both select free channels in the 2.4GHz band. The DUPLEX system then collects data on each channel selected for transmission integrity in relation to signal intensity, number of errors corrected, aerial position etc. If any channel is considered to be unfit for use, the channel is then changed to a new one by the DUPLEX system (and then channel hops as necessary). The DUPLEX system checks channel before starting transmit to minimise potential clashes with other transmitters (or with other systems used on the 2.4GHz band), which allows common operation of more transmitters simultaneously.

The DUPLEX Rx receiver

Line is assigned to operate with the transmitter modules DUPLEX Tx in the 2.4GHz band. The fully digital bidirectional communication between transmitter and receiver contributes to the development of new chances in the model remote control branche.

DUPLEX receivers are not only following up with the JBC receiver line by keeping up their univerzality and broad functional extent, but they additionally extend these functions due to the feasibility of the new DUPLEX system. One of the most important advantages is the operation without crystals – watching frequencies is a thing of the past, high interference resistance, far out of visibility range and continual control of model conditions in the air as well as many other functions are new and formerly unknown features.

DUPLEX Tx transmitter modules

Along with DUPLEX Rx receceivers constitute the base of a complex system working in the 2.4GHz band, assigned to remote control of models. These modules may be installed into transmitters which in a convenient way transmit stick and control element positions. Recently most of available transmitters working with PPM mode are suitable for this purpose.

DUPLEX Tx modules work up data of the transmitter control elements and send them to the corresponding (paired) receiver. Simultaneously they exchange service and telemetric informations with the receiver and take in turn advantage of them for operation optimization.

In order to take full advantage of the DUPLEX system it is advisable to connect the universal terminal JETIBOX to the transmitter module. This way you will be able to adjust easily requested parameters and to display data of transmitter, receiver as well as data of connected telemetric or diagnostic equipment. Another item of the TX-modules is indication of the complete system condition by means of sound signals.

Transfer of telemetric data in real time:

The JETIBOX terminal can be connected to the receiver or transmitter module to measure data. A valuable option is to connect the JETIBOX to the transmitter module and receive data wirelessly from the receiver and any sensors connected to it. Every DUPLEX receiver transmits the receiver battery voltage in real time. It is possible to set an audible warning which is activated by the voltage dropping below a pre-set limit. It is possible to connect a number of telemetric sensor to each receiver.

The Jeti Telemetric sensors can also be connected directly to the JETIBOX. For example, connecting the MUI sensor to the JETIBOX creates both a voltmeter and ampmeter.
Julez is online now Find More Posts by Julez
Last edited by Julez; Apr 27, 2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Information update
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2008, 06:45 AM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
916 Posts
Wow!!! If it's reasonably priced it sounds like it could give the other manufacturers a real run for their money!!!!

I like the programming box (JETIBOX)! Nice addition, and if I read it right. It has built in telemtry options already... Something that was promised from other manufactures a couple of years ago..

It looks like it picks 2 channels, like spectrum, but if it encounters interference it will reset the channel with interference to a new one.

Looking at this picture, it appears that you can use the jetibox as a realtime display for your transmitter??

Found this:

Jeti Duplex info..

the system actually combines XPS and FUTABA FASST. According to the findings directly from the source of this system is switched on after 5 statistically selects the best channels of 2.4 GHz band and the frequency of these runs as FUTABA FASST hoping to speed about 1ms the channel. During 1ms then send all the necessary data and waits for a response from the retroactive receivers, which he communicated to all of the necessary strength and quality accepted by the signal. Then they all repeated the remaining four channels. And the transfer telemetric data from the model to transmitters on the ground. In the event that the receiver report bad reception or transmission on a specific channel fails, everything is carried out on the next channel in order (still available 4). The bad channel immediately replace another good, so that they always were five. The system is therefore how nice to others, (leaving them enough space) and its frequency hopingem eliminates the lack of SPECTRUM, ASSANa and indeed XPS. I think that this is again a step forward and troufnu you say that this is still the most system!

The system is therefore two-way and is now putting up for sale in a position to transfer the vital data from the model on the ground - on-board voltage network model and in real time! This has no system does not. In the future, is planned to transfer many functions (current engine vario, speed, etc.) from the model to the ground.
Jon Koppisch is offline Find More Posts by Jon Koppisch
Last edited by Jon Koppisch; Sep 01, 2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:38 AM
USA, KS, Derby
Joined Mar 2003
1,473 Posts
Now this is great news. Yes, if this is reasonably priced and available in the US, it may the one which will finally convince me to go 2.4GHZ.

Is that JetiBox used to program the Tx module and for the telemetry data display the same one used for programming the Jeti ESC? That will be really cool.
ricoalonso is offline Find More Posts by ricoalonso
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:41 AM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
916 Posts
I like that you can set audio alarms also and that you can set the value. Ie, not a dummy light but a usable variable setting. Say for low receiver battery voltage etc...
Old Sep 01, 2008, 08:28 AM
Joined Dec 2005
5,412 Posts
This very interesting ... it looks like the JETI system will co-habitate with the parent nn.n Mhz system ... in the EVo at least. From the link that Jon has provided it appears that the 2.4 TX module is resting up by the antenna. The article states though that that is not the final solution.
Obake is offline Find More Posts by Obake
Old Sep 01, 2008, 08:35 AM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,204 Posts
The module is inside, just the programming/telemetry box sits on top.
Old Sep 01, 2008, 08:50 AM
Mobile Alabama
Joined Sep 2003
916 Posts
Good find Julez!!!

Looks like this could be a real winner!!!

Jeti is an established company as well, been around for quite a while. I believe that they have a good reputation!!!
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:58 AM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
I see this turning into another Spektrum vs. XPS vs. FASST vs. (whatever) religious discussion - already started here (it's more entertaining in Czech, but you get the gist).

From a marketing perspective, it's already started also. Esotop.cz is claiming that Jeti is the best system (combination of FASST and XPS) and Spektrum is "relatively worst" of all the 2.4GHz implementations.

Prices in Czech currency (Koruna) are included at the bottom of the Esotop.cz page.

So as others have said, it's time get some popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy the show...

Vas
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:31 AM
Irvine, Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VasMan
I see this turning into another Spektrum vs. XPS vs. FASST vs. (whatever) religious discussion - already started here (it's more entertaining in Czech, but you get the gist).

From a marketing perspective, it's already started also. Esotop.cz is claiming that Jeti is the best system (combination of FASST and XPS) and Spektrum is "relatively worst" of all the 2.4GHz implementations.

Prices in Czech currency (Koruna) are included at the bottom of the Esotop.cz page.

So as others have said, it's time get some popcorn, sit back, relax and enjoy the show...

Vas
1000 Czech currency (Koruna) equals approx 60 dollars US

Tony
ModelTony is offline Find More Posts by ModelTony
Old Sep 01, 2008, 12:40 PM
Proud to eat Kraut ;-)
Germany
Joined Dec 2003
5,204 Posts
Quote:
Definitely. I have the impression that the Czech thread turned pretty much into a personal argumant after page 5

Quote:
Hmm, not likely.

I think the Jeti system takes the best of all systems, and puts some nice features on top of it.

Fasst--> Frequency hopping (ok, only 5 channels instead of 36, but ok), External diversity antennas
Spektrum--> Idea of backup channel (But 5 instead of 2), end pin recievers
XPS--> Telemetry, bidirectional communication, channel shifting at interference (this time for real, I hope ))

I also hope that they left out:
Fasst--> temperature problem
Spektrum-->low voltage reboot
XPS--> Zombie state, marketing BS
Old Sep 01, 2008, 01:37 PM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
Very, very interesting. I have always been very satisfied with the Jeti ESC's that I have had, and if the quality of the 2.4G system matches up, this will be a winner.

I wonder if "Hobby Lobby" will bring these into the US, as I believe they are the major U.S. distributor.

Does anybody know which TX's the "Modul Duplex Transmitter TF" is designed to fit? (Futaba 9C hopefully)

Oops.... I found the chart at the bottom of http://jetimodel.cz/cze/duplex.html and YES t is for the 9C......... now how about a FCC certification.... soon?
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Old Sep 01, 2008, 05:29 PM
Beautiful burnout~
Southern California
Joined Dec 2007
90 Posts
Yay! Potential plug-in solution for an Evo. Nice receiver selection to boot~>~. Looks good on paper
Circlewave is offline Find More Posts by Circlewave
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:44 PM
@Home
Joined Jan 2007
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez
Definitely. I have the impression that the Czech thread turned pretty much into a personal argumant after page 5
You mean like similar discussions here...
VasMan is offline Find More Posts by VasMan
Old Sep 02, 2008, 09:15 AM
Suspended Account
USA, FL, Apopka
Joined Dec 2000
4,072 Posts
OK. I converted the prices from Czech Koruna to USD and then adjusted the prices for the 19% VAT that is embedded in the price.

4ch RX (CZK) 1280 (USD) 75.10 less VAT $60.83
6ch RX (CZK) 1590 (USD) 93.26 less VAT $75.54
8ch RX (CZK) 1850 (USD) 108.52 less VAT $87.90
TU (CZK) 1999 (USD) 117.28 less VAT $94.99
TF/TR (CZK) 2290 (USD) 134.37 less VAT $108.83
Prog (CZK) 590 (USD) 34.60 less VAT $28.02

USD/CZK 17.013

Of course there is no way to know what a US distributor will charge when and if these become available with FCC certification.

Brad
bradpaul is offline Find More Posts by bradpaul
Old Sep 02, 2008, 09:20 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Hmm fascinating, more competition

From the description they have watched and listened and taken heed of the feedback to provide a new solution that hits all the hot points.

Low-voltage reboot will *still* apply as it does to them all (not the rated Rx operating voltage range: 3.2 to 8.4V). So really the questions is "What is the reboot behaviour ?"

It would be nice if they had a short-antenna version of the the Rx since that is one of the benefits of the technology which only Spektrum have really harnessed. I love not having to fiddle with routing long antenna wires on small airframes.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Closed Thread