HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2003, 02:41 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Multiplex cockpit questions.

Hi guys,

First off, love my Cockpit MM. Sweet radio. Downside is the 600 Mah battery. I can fly for a few hours, then it's time to charge.
The manual states, " Only Multiplex batteries are allowed by decree of the King, if you use something else you'll be beheaded". Honest, it's a real quote. My question; is it true? Can I only use their batteries? I'd like more duration, but their service is a 'tad' slow, I would like to make my own pack, but am a little leery of being beheaded.

Next question. Flapperon vs. spoileron. When I activate Spoileron, it works like a champ. If I try flapperon, nothing happens at all. Slots one and five for a dual wing servo plane. It has worked in the past, but isn't working now. Is it me? Or did the radio go haywire?

Thanks guys,

Jeff
Jeff Charlot is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Charlot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2003, 03:34 AM
f5b-uk
United Kingdom, Dorset
Joined May 2002
3,065 Posts
I need to replace the battery in my daughters cockpit and have no intention of using MPX cells. I'll live in exile and hope not to be beheaded

Mike
Mike Seale is online now Find More Posts by Mike Seale
Old Feb 09, 2003, 04:04 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Already there

Hi Mike,

Take a look at where I live......I'm already IN exile! I guess I'm safe as well.

I figured out the Flapperon issue. Operator error, go figure. The spoilerons work off of the three-position switch on the far right, I thought that flapperons do too. I was wrong. They work off of the center slider. I've got everything worked out on that and am ready for the test flight tomorrow, weather permitting. The radio is charging now, so I hope to have a couple of hours of flying in before I have to sit on the sidelines and watch my friends buzz around.

Jeff
Old Feb 10, 2003, 02:12 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
You can use other cells but the MPX packs have a fuse built into them which supposedly protects your board and the batteries. Having said that I blew a board and MPX Germany told me it was because I used my auto charger and the currents were too high! Now I use a max of 500mah and no problems.

MPX now supply a 1500mah nimh pack for the MM!

Re flaperons - the previous comment using the slide applies but I think you can also change the plugs and use a swithc - ie the flaperon are activated by a specific switch on the circuit board and by changing what is plugged on to the contact I think that you could use a switch. Also look at the mode setting where you can put you spoiler on the stick you usually use for throttle!
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old Feb 10, 2003, 02:24 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Hi Rory,

Thanks for the info, I'll look inside the back and see how hard it would be to swap those over, I'd prefer to have the flapperon on the three position switch instead of the slider. A 1500 pack would be great, any idea where to go to get it? I've looked online, but the American multiplex site seems to have disolved. How about a European connection?
Old Feb 10, 2003, 03:30 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
Jeff

Switching the plugs is easy - just remember where you took them off so you can go back.

These people http://www.hoellein.com are in Germany - you can call or email Stefan - great guy and speaks english - they will mail a pack to you and are very competitively priced!
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old Feb 10, 2003, 03:53 AM
Insert custom witicism
San Diego
Joined Jun 2001
3,526 Posts
Thanks Rory,

I appreciate the help given, this way I'll be able to fly more than a couple hours without recharging. I'll definately give these guys a shout. I think I'll take a picture of the inside of my transmitter before swapping things around.

Jeff