HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2008, 02:57 PM
Joined Aug 2004
169 Posts
Thanks Jawa for the build log, etc.

Winter is coming, and I have a bunch of spare plantraco gear.

I'm thinking I may try to get one in the 5-10 gram range.

Maybe built up carbon fuse, and balsa wings.

Hmmmm
mis4tun81 is offline Find More Posts by mis4tun81
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2008, 11:03 AM
Who put that TREE there!!
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I ordered a couple of the Turnigy Plush 6amp controllers and I also have a battery on the way. Anyone else besides Knifemaker gonna try their hand at one these little planes...?
JawaSnack is offline Find More Posts by JawaSnack
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:25 AM
Athens Greece
Joined Jan 2008
175 Posts
Sure but after you. For the time i have finish steavens aero mud bug (waiting for electronics) and now im on the way building Clancy lady bug. I have already print micro bee plans but im waiting for you to finish it first and see how it will goes. The idea is to use same electronics and maybe same gear on all these small airplanes. What motor and battery are you going to use on this little bird ?

Thomas
gordinir8 is offline Find More Posts by gordinir8
Old Sep 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
West of California Speedway, East of LaLa, North of Disneyland
Joined May 2001
2,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawaSnack
Anyone else besides Knifemaker gonna try their hand at one these little planes...?
I definitely am. Not sure how I will power it yet - maybe one of my 10 gm motors, a lightened TB6 or 9 and a lightened GWS 4 Ch Rx and 2.5 gm servos.

I am also looking at alternative ways of making the wing out of sliced Depron.

Meanwhile, I need to whittle down my list of repairs for my existing micro indoor planes.
356Jim is offline Find More Posts by 356Jim
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:06 PM
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
I'm using this HobbyCity 5gram outrunner :http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...trunner_2000kv

and I have this battery on the way but it may be too long: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXRVN9&P=SM

I'll be using a Berg 4L receiver with a LiteFlight micro antenna soldered on.
Those servos are the 3.7gram ones from HobbyCity also: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ec_Micro_Servo

Here's the ESC: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...eed_Controller
Old Sep 13, 2008, 09:58 PM
T A C
Gilbert, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
587 Posts
Me too

JawaSnack

I just happen to have a spare HC 5gr motor and all the other stuff on the shelf ...... all I need now are plans for the little guy. PM sent with my email. Thanks !

I'm thinking about starting a revival thread on the Yard Bee. I've been flying mine daily and there will soon bee ;-) several more in the air. It's wild & crazy on 140 W.

Also, I fly a 5gr motor on a 3 cell HC 100 mah lipo. HOT!

-Rus
zzonie77 is offline Find More Posts by zzonie77
Last edited by zzonie77; Sep 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:56 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzonie77
JawaSnack

I just happen to have a spare HC 5gr motor and all the other stuff on the shelf ...... all I need now are plans for the little guy. PM sent with my email. Thanks !

I'm thinking about starting a revival thread on the Yard Bee. I've been flying mine daily and there will soon bee ;-) several more in the air. It's wild & crazy on 140 W.

Also, I fly a 5gr motor on a 3 cell HC 100 mah lipo. HOT!

-Rus
I just received plans for the Yard Bee, cool plane!! My next one will be a full size Lazy Bee, after that, I'd LOVE to build an E powered Speedy Bee.

Here's my 200% Micro, a little farther along. I need to look at motors at my LHS on monday. This is my "getting back into building practice plane" I still cannot imagine Jawa buidling his half this size!!
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:55 AM
Athens Greece
Joined Jan 2008
175 Posts
Nice build Knifemaker but remember Clancy models MUST wear Trexler wheels, itís something like a trademark and they look cool. Now may i ask something since im new to rc ? Those little servos and i quess RX too works at about 6V, what will happen if you use it with lets say 7.2 batt? Does the ESC have a limiter or something on the output? Also the difference between a 2 cell Lipo with a 3 cell lipo have to do with the voltage?
Last edited by gordinir8; Sep 14, 2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2008, 08:38 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordinir8
Nice build Knifemaker but remember Clancy models MUST wear Trexler wheels, itís something like a trademark and they look cool. Now may i ask something since im new to rc ? Those little servos and i quess RX too works at about 6V, what will happen if you use it with lets say 7.2 batt? Does the ESC have a limiter or something on the output? Also the difference between a 2 cell Lipo with a 3 cell lipo have to do with the voltage?
I'm using slightly larger servos than Jawa, I have a LOT more space. I'm hoping to make use of a bunch of 2 cell 7.4V 800mAh batteries I have.

I have Trexler wheels but they are HEAVY I used a carbon fiber tube for the axle and these foam wheels are SUPER light. The build is already on the heavy side. If I can lift the Trexler wheels after a few initial flights, I'll use them
Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:39 AM
I broke it
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,772 Posts
Knife,

Nice lookin plane...your runway looks a little bumpy though
David Hogue is online now Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
Columbia, MO
Joined Dec 2005
622 Posts
Fantastic Knife! I can't wait for a flight report....
Old Sep 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
T A C
Gilbert, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
587 Posts
Knife,

Great looking airplane ! I like the transparent blue. We have a couple of planes at our field in that color and it's quite visible in the air.
It's inspiring to see all the creativity on this thread.

-Rus
Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzonie77
Knife,

Great looking airplane ! I like the transparent blue. We have a couple of planes at our field in that color and it's quite visible in the air.
It's inspiring to see all the creativity on this thread.

-Rus
Thanks! I already made a mental note: DO NOT USE YELLOW GLUE UNDER TRANSPARENT COVERING
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:08 PM
T A C
Gilbert, Arizona
Joined Sep 2003
587 Posts
Micro Bee Plans

How can I get a set of plans ?
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
Athens Greece
Joined Jan 2008
175 Posts
Check here, you just have to adjust the size and have in mind that wingspan is about 11 inch.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ane+that+could

Thomas