HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2008, 08:44 PM
Fly it before you paint!!
Delaware
Joined Sep 2006
242 Posts
Idea
Parkzone's Next Z-Foam Warbird.... and thoughts,feelings, etc.

I totally love my T-28 and some of us are not really fans of the Corsair, pls consider other 4-channel warbirds in the future made of Z-foam. I would like a FW-190 but do not like brush gear motor or plain foam 3-channel planes... Scott
SmoothCruizer is offline Find More Posts by SmoothCruizer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:16 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
I would die for a scale looking fw 190. I was so sad when they discontinued the airframe only version of the one they have. I swear I would dump the plane Im about to get (t-28) and get its airframe on the spot!
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:42 PM
SE Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2008
15 Posts
I'd love a P-38!

and a B-17
jailguy is offline Find More Posts by jailguy
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:48 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
a BF-109 with retracts and a rudder
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:03 PM
Rsetiegerd Uesr
USA, AR, Cave Springs
Joined Apr 2005
3,046 Posts
I bet the next one is a Zero... They did the mustang, spit, and fw... which are the three major ones from that theater... so it would make sense to do a corsair and a zero..

-Jay
CyberJay is offline Find More Posts by CyberJay
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:32 PM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberJay
I bet the next one is a Zero... They did the mustang, spit, and fw... which are the three major ones from that theater... so it would make sense to do a corsair and a zero..

-Jay
Yes a Zero would make sense, but they should also do a 109 to complete the European Theater.
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:39 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,469 Posts
P-39!!!!

I flew my Corsair today and its pretty neat. I love trying to do scale flybys but I really miss the completely trouble free touch and gos and taxiing with the T-28. A P-39 would be perfect and there are so many color scheme to choose from.

And talk about something nobody else has done..... The mod guys could clip the wings and paint them like Reno racers and over power them.

Come on.... P-39!!!!
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:41 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,516 Posts
What about a CAC -12 Boomerang or a Wirraway or a Vaultee Vengence or a Beech 12 or a Beaufighter or anything but another zero
Lexta is online now Find More Posts by Lexta
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Royal Australian Navy Sea Fury
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:46 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,516 Posts
Yes a p-39/p-400 would be cool
Lexta is online now Find More Posts by Lexta
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Royal Australian Navy Sea Fury
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:49 PM
Foam flies better
From Canadia and proud of it!
Joined Jan 2006
3,199 Posts
Last thing I want to see is a zero. Yuck. Flying tin can. A p-39 or bf-109 would be swell though.
Fly Or Die is offline Find More Posts by Fly Or Die
Old Aug 31, 2008, 10:55 PM
Gravity's a harsh Mistress....
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Jan 2007
2,805 Posts
I'm with CyberJay, a Zero's next in line. Just look at the fuze's of the Trojan and Corsair, round, offering the most support all the way around for the plane, with no major stress areas to reinforce. But it would be nice if they went back down the line a little and redid the FW-190. A great flying plane in that cheat foam, hollow wing and subpar electronics.
southernmd_man is offline Find More Posts by southernmd_man
Old Aug 31, 2008, 11:19 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmd_man
......... Just look at the fuze's of the Trojan and Corsair, round, offering the most support all the way around for the plane, with no major stress areas to reinforce........
By that reasoning then how about a Lavochkin LA-5, 5FN, or 7.

Talk about under recognized fighters. The LAs were bad arse. There was an incident were 2 P-51's were dispached in less than a minute when they mistook an LA-7 for a Focke-Wulf.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Old Sep 01, 2008, 01:17 AM
Joined Jan 2008
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexta
What about a CAC -12 Boomerang or a Wirraway or a Vaultee Vengence or a Beech 12 or a Beaufighter or anything but another zero
Lexta, being an Aussie I'd love to see a Boomerang and / or a Wirraway, but it isn't likely to happen due to market demand me thinks.

There is a Boomerang electric kit offered here in Aus, but it's a built up model, and I know little about it. I guess a Wirraway could be 'fudged-up' by converting an AT-6, Hmmm! thats something that may be worth looking at. I mean one fella in WWII did shoot down a Zero in a Wirraway, and it was a nice looking aircraft, although there are very few WWII aircraft that don't look good to me.
Merkava is offline Find More Posts by Merkava
Last edited by Merkava; Sep 01, 2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2008, 02:43 AM
100% addicted to RC :)
USA, CA, La Verne
Joined Feb 2008
1,695 Posts
It won't be a 'specialty' aircraft. It will be something very popular. I'd look for a possible remake of the P-51 or Spit. Possibly an FW or varient.

But really, I'd be looking at the P40. Very popular but hasn't been done by a Horizon company. P-38 is out (E Flite).
finchkid24 is offline Find More Posts by finchkid24
Old Sep 01, 2008, 03:02 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,638 Posts
I suspect what ever it is. They've already started working on it. A Zero would be my guess though.
Dora Nine is online now Find More Posts by Dora Nine