Old Sep 14, 2008, 01:18 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
Sweet!

Dan, see you in the sim tonigt? After such a long hyatus you must be pretty rusty... I'll be there to whip you back into shape

So is this an open field?
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
indeed... I wish to observe. Curious though, there was a dude showed up at my field the other night that was whiping it up good. Flip3D.... Aflipz perhaps???
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Sep 14, 2008, 02:54 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_877
indeed... I wish to observe. Curious though, there was a dude showed up at my field the other night that was whiping it up good. Flip3D.... Aflipz perhaps???

No I use the same alias on the sim, the sessions are always open but we haven't done one in a LOOONG time, way too long...

I've seen a lot of people on there with some impressive skills. Most of the time i just join random sessions, maybe we flew together and didn't even notice! What do you call your sessions bri?

Dan usually calls his sessions aerofun-something, and believe me he's the one you want to be watching not me
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Sep 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
sessions are actually a new thing for me so I just go on, fly around and see who shows up. They dont have a name.... guess I'll have to think something up. I'm content to watch just about anyone better than me as that helps the learning. I do find it somewhat disheartning to watch dan or herc fly (not that I dont love it mind you) as they are so far beyond what I do. I'll keep an eye out for you guys....
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:51 AM
RC Mad
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Jun 2003
130 Posts
Guys,

Where do I get info on how to join these sessions?

regards
_shadow_ is offline Find More Posts by _shadow_
Old Sep 15, 2008, 06:53 AM
RC Mad
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined Jun 2003
130 Posts
A bunch of us were just tossing the idea of installing the Saito 40a on the Ultimate....hhhmmm...

regards
_shadow_ is offline Find More Posts by _shadow_
Old Sep 15, 2008, 08:57 AM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Shadow, when we run sessions they are always public so anyone is free to join; but we haven't had any since I started talking about it last week.

Maybe we can post about it here when we DO set one up...

I'm getting pretty excited about the ultimate; the more I look at it the more I like it. Background; I hate bipes! At least I hated them until I saw this one. I've just never been drawn to that "antiquated" design, but they are crowd pleasers and this one just looks so cool with it's thinner wings, cf bracing and general all around "PA coolness" that I just have to have one! Fitting that my first ever bipe would be a Fibrefusion construction PA masterpiece.

Shadow; it's your plane, "ultimate"ly, you can do whatever you want with it, but keep in mind it was designed to be electric so some vibration proofing will be required, fuel proofing etc. if you want to convert it to glow.

Mine will be electric for SURE
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Sep 15, 2008, 04:01 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,909 Posts
Quote:
No I use the same alias on the sim, the sessions are always open but we haven't done one in a LOOONG time, way too long...

I've seen a lot of people on there with some impressive skills. Most of the time i just join random sessions, maybe we flew together and didn't even notice! What do you call your sessions bri?

Dan usually calls his sessions aerofun-something, and believe me he's the one you want to be watching not me
Yes, I was watching him Saturday night. He is very good. I wish I could have seen the actual sim plane he was flying though. It was something he got off the swap pages so I could only see the high wing plane that the computer used as a substitute.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:45 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Shadow, when we run sessions they are always public so anyone is free to join; but we haven't had any since I started talking about it last week.

Maybe we can post about it here when we DO set one up...

I'm getting pretty excited about the ultimate; the more I look at it the more I like it. Background; I hate bipes! At least I hated them until I saw this one. I've just never been drawn to that "antiquated" design, but they are crowd pleasers and this one just looks so cool with it's thinner wings, cf bracing and general all around "PA coolness" that I just have to have one! Fitting that my first ever bipe would be a Fibrefusion construction PA masterpiece.

Shadow; it's your plane, "ultimate"ly, you can do whatever you want with it, but keep in mind it was designed to be electric so some vibration proofing will be required, fuel proofing etc. if you want to convert it to glow.

Mine will be electric for SURE
Antiquated??? An Ultimate??? Are we talking about the same plane? Hang on, I think your confusing it with a Stearman .... I'll find you a spec sheet on a full size
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:12 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,528 Posts
Quote:
Antiquated??? An Ultimate??? Are we talking about the same plane? Hang on, I think your confusing it with a Stearman .... I'll find you a spec sheet on a full size
I agree if you are calling an Ultimate antiquated, then you must be the one that is antiquated I can only start imagining now the knife edge circles and rolling manuevers with this plane, i'm sure they will be like a dream come true
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
aka MadMan
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
Quote:
... I'll find you a spec sheet on a full size
This is one of my favorite Ultimate sites. Enjoy ...

Antiquated? NOT!
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
Old Sep 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,909 Posts
Ok Ok Ok!!!! Let's all just hold him down, tar and feather him right here and now! Geesh....Make one little smart remark and that will teach you huh?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 04:41 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
This is one of my favorite Ultimate sites. Enjoy ...

Antiquated? NOT!
I saw a site once with more detail on specs but can't find it now. It's rated like 10+/- g with a 360 degree/sec roll rate. Uses flaperons mixed with the elevator. I think 30% @ 100% elevator. You just know it wants to snap your neck for you.
Last edited by bri_877; Sep 16, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 04:57 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead
Ok Ok Ok!!!! Let's all just hold him down, tar and feather him right here and now! Geesh....Make one little smart remark and that will teach you huh?
We're just teasing him, he knows that.... Aflipz has in the past made it clear what he thinks of biplanes which is going to tickle some of us when he has to get one. Weez gunna make an Ultimate fan out of him yet......
Old Sep 16, 2008, 05:22 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
I was just reading through that site that RJ posted. Very cool! I think this thing is going to be awesome! I wonder if Shaun used a flapperon/reflex mix like the 1:1 did when he was testing/designing it?

AMR?
A Masterpiece Redesigned
Aerobatic Machine Rendered
Aerobatics Most Rewarding
All Most Ready (come on, where is this thing?)
Aerobatics, Maneuverability and Responsiveness (That might actually be it!)
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777