HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:39 AM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloaf
Power on the thrust 40 with a 14x7 and 3s1p 2200 25C pack was good, but not amazing. Don't expect the same power you see with the Torque 2814 or Reaper GR45 on 4S packs, but its definitely on par with those motors on 3s setups. I have yet to set it up on my thrust meter, but its feels like its around 1.25 to 1.5 power to weight ratio.

Hmmm, I disagree. I believe that your battery packs are probably not up to the specs. Radio Rookie and me are running the new PA 3S LiPo packs with burst 30c and the latest ones with a burst of 40c. Radio Rookie has the exact figures but with our setup Thrust 40, Quantum ESC, JFX 14x7 prop, the power is awesome.

I agree on your statement about the nuts and bolts, though. A few spare ones would be helpful. I lost one cabane nut during assembly and was lucky to have some spare ones at home.

Cheers, BT
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 22, 2008, 01:49 AM
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
Hi guys,

Precision Aerobatics Team wishes you a merry Christmas and a fantastic new year.

We prepared a special treat for you so if you ever wondered how Santa torque rolls check out this short video

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/v...o%20xmas08.mov

Dave, Matt - absolutely brilliant!

Precision Aerobatics Team
www.PrecisionAerobatics.com

Ha Ha! Funny! You guys are making some great movies!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 09:55 AM
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2008
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing
Hmmm, I disagree. I believe that your battery packs are probably not up to the specs. Radio Rookie and me are running the new PA 3S LiPo packs with burst 30c and the latest ones with a burst of 40c. Radio Rookie has the exact figures but with our setup Thrust 40, Quantum ESC, JFX 14x7 prop, the power is awesome.

I agree on your statement about the nuts and bolts, though. A few spare ones would be helpful. I lost one cabane nut during assembly and was lucky to have some spare ones at home.

Cheers, BT
So guys, what are we doing? Buying connectors and making our own servo extensions with the PA wire, or just using extensions off the shelf?
Using a Y for the Ailerons or separate channels?
skykingtoo is offline Find More Posts by skykingtoo
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:28 AM
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skykingtoo
So guys, what are we doing? Buying connectors and making our own servo extensions with the PA wire, or just using extensions off the shelf?
Weight fetishists would go for the light weight PA wire - personally I HATE soldering and bought extensions off the shelf. A y cable for the Ailerons won't work too well. You need to set 5% Differential on your Aileron channels for a proper set up. That means you need 2 channels for those.
Last edited by Burger Thing; Dec 22, 2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:34 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,555 Posts
Hey guys here is my new video of the Ultimate AMR, the more time i spend flying the ultimate the more i like it! hope you guys like the video! I will be uploading the youtube version shortly.

http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/u...R_Aerofun2.wmv

Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR
Full iPAs setup
Thrust 40 Motor
Quantum 45 ESC
Voltec servos
PA 11.1 2200 V2 Batteries

Daniel
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
R.I.P. my 70" FB Slick
Moody, AL
Joined Jan 2006
1,660 Posts
Awesome flying Dan! The rolling harriers inches off the ground and the blindingly fast knife edge spins were very nice!
Wildman777 is offline Find More Posts by Wildman777
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:51 AM
click here
San Diego, CA
Joined Feb 2008
624 Posts
Nice, Daniel. How is that plane for knife edge loops?
straightedge_ is offline Find More Posts by straightedge_
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:54 AM
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
That was great, Dan! I loved the moon sequence and the change of pace and feel going over to the sunset hovering. Is the soccer field now your permanent flying site? Do you have any more r/c buddies flying there?

Cheers, BT
Last edited by Burger Thing; Dec 22, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skykingtoo

separate channels, definitely! (1and 6 flapperon mixing 100%)

I, and many other satisfied users use PA's extension wire; no need to buy anything else; cut the original servo wire at 1/2 way, keep the connector end as you will be soldering it to your extension; extend to required length with PA's wires. You strip about 1cm of each wire end, slip over a length of heatshrink, twist the wires together, hit it with solder and shrink the wrap over it, repeat; 6 solder points and shrink wrap for each servo, yeah it's a bit more work...

Labor of love BT, labor of love...
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:12 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing
That was great, Dan! I loved the moon sequence and the change of pace and feel going over to the sunset hovering. Is the soccer field now your permanent flying site? Do you have any more r/c buddies flying there?

Cheers, BT
Thanks BT, its pretty much my permanent field for now, just flying by myself, as our flying club is "inactive" and there is not much people into 3D here in panama..

anyway here is the youtube version

Ultimate AMR video #2 by Aerofundan (4 min 51 sec)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
http://www.precisionaerobatics.com/v...0xmas%2008.mov
I can view it when I go to the site...strange!
I dropped into PA's office and Adad showed it to me on her PC. 'Sigh' it's tough being only 10 minutes drive away.

Great Video Dan! I saw on one of the threads that you use Realflight 4.5. DO you run a server when on? And if so what's it's name. I'd love to fly with you if only in the virtual world. (Time difference might make it tough for me though)
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:17 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze
I dropped into PA's office and Adad showed it to me on her PC. 'Sigh' it's tough being only 10 minutes drive away.

Great Video Dan! I saw on one of the threads that you use Realflight 4.5. DO you run a server when on? And if so what's it's name. I'd love to fly with you if only in the virtual world. (Time difference might make it tough for me though)

well, you're both online at the same time right now

he usually hosts with "aerofun" somewhere in the session name, but it's not a "server" that is on all the time or anything, plus with 4.5 we have to be conservative in the number of "players" or it lags like crazy...

It's also EXTREMELY unstable and more frustrating than any previous realflight version... Too bad! Hope future releases are better.

AWESOME video Dan by the way...

I hereby crown thy King again!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:26 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,930 Posts
Dan,
Long time no chat. I see you are up to date with the latest, greatest stuff! Panama looks green and lush as I remember when the I was at Allbrook and Quarry Heights. Great video and Feliz Navidad my friend.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Dec 22, 2008, 04:09 PM
click here
San Diego, CA
Joined Feb 2008
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
or it lags like crazy...

It's also EXTREMELY unstable and more frustrating than any previous realflight version... Too bad! Hope future releases are better.
You just saved me $200, Andre!
straightedge_ is offline Find More Posts by straightedge_
Old Dec 22, 2008, 05:08 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
I should have specified; G4.5 is the best simulator I ever did try... graphics are better (though turning ALL the eye candy to maximum requires a computer with some cojones)

but more importantly the physics/aerodynamics are better than they have ever been. The ONLY drawback is what seems to be more bandwidth intensive multiplayer session meaning fewer "guests" can be hosted with equal machine/internet connection vs previous versions, and MUCH more frequent "server" crashes, disconnects etc. (mind you, the older versions were not really exemplary in the multiplayer stability dept. Sadly, historically, it seems it's never been a priority to fix the numerous multiplayer glitches on any of the realflight versions I have tried since 3.0)

but... still I prefer it, because of the enhanced physics.