SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:09 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,200 Posts
I have seen that after I replaced the RX or after re-binding the TX/RX. Not sure why that happened to yours.
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 01:14 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
I have seen that after I replaced the RX or after re-binding the TX/RX. Not sure why that happened to yours.
Thanks Vince. Any info at all helps
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Feb 04, 2013, 02:06 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by masehare View Post
I had the same on my second AMR's maiden. Took me two or three flights to figure out, on the aileron control rod, the one steel z-bend pin didn't adhere to the carbon rod properly. It just needed a redo and a little bit more sanding on the pin and carbon rod. All fixed up after that!
I've had that happen too. A bit of wire tied to the end of a carbon rod inst the best piece of design under the sun.

If not a slipping pushrod (and they can be hard to spot) then maybe a gear on the servo has a tooth or two missing?

The other time my trims went haywire is when i updated to the latest firmware on my DX8. The new firmware screwed up the sub trim settings (to be fair the release notes do warn about it)
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:36 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,563 Posts
Check that your pushrods and horns are glued properly, if not it could be one of your servos is bad! Or maybe plugged in the aileron channel in the wrong channel?, that happened to me a few times and it did change the trim of the ailerons completely
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:31 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Thanks JPF and Dan. All has been double checked again since it happened and is still holding well. I just don't want it happening again

Up, up and....hover!

HBGB
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:06 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Thanks but the rods are fine. It's either in the RX or the TX. I'm running a dual aileron setup and it was double and triple checked after the build and then again before flight. After she was in the air, the right ailerons were down drastically and the rudder was a few clicks right. I'm using a AR6210X rx w/satellite. Anyone else have something like this happen?
That's the problem right there.DSM2
I never had any issues with my Sanwa untill I went over to Spektrum.such crap.been having a constant issue with the RX in my slick.having to rebind all the time
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:20 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
I never had any issues with my Sanwa untill I went over to Spektrum.such crap.been having a constant issue with the RX in my slick.having to rebind all the time
I'm running DSMX on both the tranny and the rx. But I'll keep an eye on it and report back. Thanks chop stiX.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:22 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Your RX is faulty. You should never have to re bind. I wouldn't be flying it in anything I cared about.

I've been flying DSM2 ever since it came out. It's a system with limitations which need to be respected that's for sure!
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:42 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,015 Posts
Quote:
I finally had a nice day yesterday to maiden the Ultimate. I double and triple checked everything prior to takeoff. I lilted her off the ground and immediately she went nuts. It was rolling hard to the left and up. I felt like I was trying some crazy roller-coaster bull ride! She got way out and away from me. I managed to get her back and set her down nice and soft with out a scratch.

When I got to the plane, the control surfaces had changed right after take-off. The right ailerons were about 20* down and the left side were straight and true. The rudder was a couple clicks right. Any idea what would cause the changes post flight?

HBGB

Sounds like something wacky with your TX. Like you accidentally switched from one model to another, or there was a hidden setting somewhere???
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:30 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Your RX is faulty. You should never have to re bind. I wouldn't be flying it in anything I cared about.

I've been flying DSM2 ever since it came out. It's a system with limitations which need to be respected that's for sure!
It's a brand new RX, maybe has 20 fligths on it.was in my addy for maybe 10 of it then put it into my Slick and it's been funny.Though I've had no issue at all on orange.only fly foamies on orange though.but I think I might have done something wrong when I bound it on the Slick.but will check it properly
Old Feb 07, 2013, 12:33 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
I'm running DSMX on both the tranny and the rx. But I'll keep an eye on it and report back. Thanks chop stiX.
Then I don't know hey.
Here is an interesting article that a mate sent me a while ago.helped alot when the same discussion came up in another thread a while ago
http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/fhss_vs_dsss.shtml
think the AMR needs to tear up some sky this weekend
Old Feb 07, 2013, 08:09 AM
can't buy vaporware
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,486 Posts
Quote:
It's a brand new RX, maybe has 20 fligths on it.was in my addy for maybe 10 of it then put it into my Slick and it's been funny.Though I've had no issue at all on orange.only fly foamies on orange though.but I think I might have done something wrong when I bound it on the Slick.but will check it properly
I had a receiver that came with a T-28 that did that. Once it was bound, all was fine. But when I would power up, it wouldn't be bound. It was when I first started flying. I sent it in, they tested it, and returned it. They said it was fine. I used it again, and it was. I do *believe* I was doing something wrong. I was new. It is possible they fixed something but they said they did not.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Feb 07, 2013, 01:49 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,563 Posts
Do you want to be a PA team pilot?

Precision Aerobatics is now expanding its' team. We are looking for experienced pilots interested in becoming a part of our US team. Product knowledge means as much as flying ability. If you enjoy flying, building or just helping others, please send a resume with links to your flying videos and your contact info to Jim@precisionaerobatics.com and Daniel@precisionaerobatics.com
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 07, 2013, 07:26 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,423 Posts
Wow! what a great thing to do. Can't wait to see how the team expands and you guys keep building in the new direction.

Cheers
Brett
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:29 AM
edgy eddy
Joined Oct 2008
78 Posts
It's either been windy or snowing or CAS (cold as sh-t) or all three, so all the planes, including the new AMR are gathering dust in the hangar. maybe a window to fly tomorrow.
Eddyfisher is offline Find More Posts by Eddyfisher