HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:49 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,345 Posts
T40x is Vox prop specfically for the Addiction X. It's a slow fly prop and not for the AMR.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:19 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,372 Posts
I assembled my AMR a few months back and haven't maidened it yet (life gets in the way). I went back to glass the motor mount as I didn't feel comfortable without it. I'm going to do a few more things that I think can be improved upon as well. I should have it finished up tonight. It's been a long time coming, but I know it's going to be great and worth the wait!

This thread has almost died. Anyone flying the AMR anymore?
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:35 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
If the weather ever breaks
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,763 Posts
Quote:
I assembled my AMR a few months back and haven't maidened it yet (life gets in the way). I went back to glass the motor mount as I didn't feel comfortable without it. I'm going to do a few more things that I think can be improved upon as well. I should have it finished up tonight. It's been a long time coming, but I know it's going to be great and worth the wait!

Me!

Last weekend was the first weekend I missed in 7 months of flying due to rain. Rained the whole Saturday, and on Sunday I got 1 flight in before it started to rain again. So my approx 20 packs / week through the AMR got thrown totally off. It's almost 1am now on a Friday night, I'm waiting for my batteries to charge, at 6 I'm up to hit the field .

Haven't really had anything to say because all I've been doing for the past few weekends is rolling... rolling... rolling. I haven't done anything else. Grrr . Trying to get it right in the next couple of months.
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Pretty much everyday! You'll love this plane. The thread is kind of dead because there just isn't much to talk about other then how great it flies

I would coat the whole motor box and firewall in strong wood glue of your choice. Not a heavy coat but a good one. REALLY strengthens it up and I don't worry about mine anymore.
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Last edited by FlyWW1; Jan 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:13 AM
Wherever you go there you are
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Nov 2011
8,347 Posts
I like bipes. got a nice email from PA. subscribed, I will be checking this one out. because I like bipes. And beacuse PA USA is upping their game from what I hear.
7oneWo1f is offline Find More Posts by 7oneWo1f
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:17 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
hey, LW, I bump into you every where!
I really like the AMR too, but I have a good flying Ultimate already. Don't know why I keep checking in this thread all the time? Get one, and I will wait for reading your comments.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Vince and LW you both have to get one of these! The AMR is a very violent plane but can be flown with ease at any speed. It's rock steady and crisp in everything it does. The only thing it doesn't do great is 10mph+ winds. It can still fly in them but it will get pushed around a bit.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:28 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,285 Posts
going to go and fly mine right now
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:31 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Have fun for all of us who are grounded by snow
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,176 Posts
You CA guys are lucky! We will have snow later and stayed in low 20s for the rest of the week...

FlyWW1: I know! that's why I push so hard on my little Ultimate. One thing I would like to know, can the AMR do a clean water fall? Also, I have broke the joints on side panels between top and low wings due to constantly walls, tumbles,etc. How is AMR in that prospective?
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:46 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
I would coat the whole motor box and firewall in strong wood glue of your choice. Not a heavy coat but a good one. REALLY strengthens it up and I don't worry about mine anymore.
I had already done that. I'm just going the extra mile as I want the full potential out of this monster

Glad to hear y'all are out flying! I'm waiting on the time change to see some daylight. C'mon Spring!
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
You CA guys are lucky! We will have snow later and stayed in low 20s for the rest of the week...

FlyWW1: I know! that's why I push so hard on my little Ultimate. One thing I would like to know, can the AMR do a clean water fall? Also, I have broke the joints on side panels between top and low wings due to constantly walls, tumbles,etc. How is AMR in that prospective?
It's been my experience that the AMR can handle anything you throw at it. Including the occasional mishap. It's made to be violent but can fly slow like a trainer. It really does have an amazing flight envelope. I'd watch some of the great videos on YouTube. Here is one to get you started. Aerofundan's vids are all really good too.

PA Team Pilot Michael Wargo Flies The Ultimate AMR (4 min 35 sec)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,185 Posts
Sold mine to pay for a larger bird that I've wanted for some time now. I'll get another one soon though. Maybe Toledo or later this season. I really didn't want to sell it but, the KMX will keep me busy. I love flying that plane!
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:07 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post

the ultimate amr rocks!!!

Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR Video #3 by Aerofundan (4 min 33 sec)

Precision Aerobatics Ultimate AMR Video #1 by Aerofundan (4 min 1 sec)
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor