to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:24 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post

Most of them were self-induced, though. From my poor selection of servos, to having them be glued in, to general noobishness at flying
hehe just yanking your chain.But Blue still flies the best
ok enough of color.lol they all fly the best
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:39 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
I ran 4 of my new GensAce 3s2200 60C's today and they are really nice, super punchy. Only problem is on my 5th pack I almost lost the collet. I've never had one almost fly off.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 04, 2012, 12:59 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Only problem is on my 5th pack I almost lost the collet. I've never had one almost fly off.
You might want to try a Hacker collet. they are made from stainless Steel so are stronger and grip the shaft much firmer. A few grams heavier but worth it.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 04, 2012, 01:42 AM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
anybody have this and the vyperbipe that can compare it for me? I already have the vyperbipe but have an opportunity to pick up a near new AMR cheap
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
I have both PA Ultimate and 3DHS Vyper Bype.

Disclaimer -
I not had either planes that long. Add to that I am relative new to 3D. So what I am saying is that I am probabely not your best source if you're looking for hardcore, intermediate or advance 3D opinions or comparison.

From a layman's perspective, they're unique in their own respective areas and both are nice addition to my hangar.

PA Ultimate:
I like PA Ultimate for smaller fields or larger. The wing load is crazy light, which makes things a lot easier for most pilots. Generally I find Ultimate more agile. However being light, does not handle medium/high winds well.

Vyper Bype:
Has more mass and as a result does require a larger field. Wing load is higher and as a result does need more speed and slightly more skill to slow things down compareable to PA Ultimate. Vyper Bype being based on a pattern plane, does fly like it's on rail which is very nice.

no point going further since generally most can find similar data browsing through either threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
anybody have this and the vyperbipe that can compare it for me? I already have the vyperbipe but have an opportunity to pick up a near new AMR cheap
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:40 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
2,038 Posts
Flying buddy took some photographs of my harrier practice sessions last weekend. So purty! I thought I'd share. Can't decide which one I like best.
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:11 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,168 Posts
Quote:
I only have the AMR, but based on the specifications and flight reports on the Viper I dont think the two planes really have very much in common at all. Ok they are both biplanes but the similarity ends there. IMHO the differences between the two models far outweight the one feature they share.
I'm not saying that one is better than the other, they are just very different.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:16 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
good, different is what I'm looking for
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,294 Posts
The Vyper is going to be more of a pattern plane that can do 3D as well. The Ultimate is going to be more of a 3D/Sport flyer. The AMR tumbles like mad. It's insane really. You can just be flying nice and calm and then go into some crazy tumbles where you can barely tell how many or which way its spinning. The VB is going to fly smooth and crisp and draw nice lines.
They are really 2 completly different flying planes.
kuczy is offline Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:25 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
I ran 4 of my new GensAce 3s2200 60C's today and they are really nice, super punchy. Only problem is on my 5th pack I almost lost the collet. I've never had one almost fly off.
one word...KE spins hahaha most of us that become addicts with KE spins on this plane have done similar,or like me,pulled the whole shaft out and sent it flying or like Steve,have the whole cowl bust
KE spins on this plane is worse than a drug

Quote:
I would really advise you get the AMR,I'm pretty sure you will love it.you have nothing to lose,if you don't like it then sell it,but I'd pretty much say you would really fall inlove with the AMR
Old Dec 05, 2012, 11:33 PM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
got the AMR and I have a couple questions as I have not built this or anyother PA plane. Vent hole, should there be one, mine has none cut out?

Trust motor has tons of back and forth play, is this normal, I think not? I tried to remove the cowl, seem it has been glued on, oh no.

throws, any one have a link to the manual or what are your hi/low rate deflections
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:04 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,746 Posts
Definitely cut a vent hole, real easy to do then iron down the edges so the covering is tact'd down.

The motor is just held on with magnets, so a little play might be expected. If you can post a video, it will surely help analysis.

The cowl is not going to be glued on, but like some others have mentioned it is a tight fit. Gently work it apart by lightly squeezing the corners and sides of the cowl, it should pop on off.

... not sure where my manual is, but I had max deflection on highs with low rates less than half deflection
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:15 AM
inverted-i-fly
Joined Mar 2011
4,453 Posts
Vent hole is not a problem, done it a dozen time on 3dhs and ef planes

got the cowl off, motor can be pushed back and the only thing keeping the can from coming all the way off in the back is the prop adapter which I cannot remove at the moment
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:18 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Vent hole is not a problem, done it a dozen time on 3dhs and ef planes

got the cowl off, motor can be pushed back and the only thing keeping the can from coming all the way off in the back is the prop adapter which I cannot remove at the moment
Something is wrong there.Please post some pics so the experts can help you out
but the Thrust 40 won't just do that.I have a suspicion it has been damaged maybe.
btw your going to love this plane.AND KE SPINS(bbm inlove smiley)