HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 16, 2008, 04:28 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
D.B. Hooper's Avatar
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
Well, Dan ... you are indeed among the best, but I'm not sure you can pull THIS one off; it's called DTMD (which stands for deliver to my doorstep), rumored to have been invented by UPS, but that's not confirmable. My order was allegedly shipped by PA USA on the 12th, and here we are on the 16th, and I can't even get a shipment tracking number. I guess customer service is something PA USA needs to learn from their parent in OZ? I must be doing something wrong, since I've not been able to arouse any response from either PA USA nor PA themselves.

Am I alone in this? I sure do miss AH as my LHS for PA's great products.
I've had good communication luck with PA both here and down under. E-mail Steve with your phone # usa@PrecisionAerobatics.com.

I E-mailed this morn and Steve called back with in 15Min.

Mine should be sent by tomorrow. Steve said they will E-mail tracking info when shipped.
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
bri_877's Avatar
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
by the way guys, i'm right now making my list of maneuvers for the video, please if you wish to see any special maneuver post it here and i will add it to the list.
KE spin... I have yet to figure out how to enter that and get a reliable spin that is true KE. And a ripper tumble or two...
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 06:58 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
Hey wow, I just noticed my Ultimate got delivered early! Time to leave work early...................................... ouch, dental emergency!
Hey FlopGun, I had that same dental emergency and look what I found It came a day ahead of schedule! I have had the best experience with my PA airframes and power systems, so on this one I thought why not try all the recommended PA gear. I will build her ASAP but may have to maiden her with skis on.

Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:48 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,935 Posts
Where does the battery mount in this plane? I saw another Ultimate and the battery is loaded from underneath and partially blocked by the cowl.
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:38 AM
pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Coonak's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn
Where does the battery mount in this plane? I saw another Ultimate and the battery is loaded from underneath and partially blocked by the cowl.
Gary
Gary, it's from the top like a conventional RC Plane.
You can see it very clear in this vid.
PA Ultimate AMR Features Vid

Cheers

Mick
Coonak is offline Find More Posts by Coonak
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 12:55 AM
Registered User
Fremont, CA
Joined Dec 2008
38 Posts
Just spent the last 45 minutes drooling over my new arrival - yellow Ultimate AMR! This is my first PA plane and I must say I am extremely impressed with the build quality, along with the IPA Pro package components. Can't wait to see how this thing performs.

Unfortunately, heading to the inlaws for Christmas in a couple days so I wont get to play for another week or so...only if I can come up with an excuse to stay home. Next couple of nights may be late ones...
tchrstm is offline Find More Posts by tchrstm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:42 AM
**I'm Battman**
RCBABBEL's Avatar
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchrstm
Just spent the last 45 minutes drooling over my new arrival - yellow Ultimate AMR! This is my first PA plane and I must say I am extremely impressed with the build quality, along with the IPA Pro package components. Can't wait to see how this thing performs.

Unfortunately, heading to the inlaws for Christmas in a couple days so I wont get to play for another week or so...only if I can come up with an excuse to stay home. Next couple of nights may be late ones...
tchrstm,

Welcome to PA quality.
Even better, is how they fly!
Yep, I'm a huge fan.
PA has earned my respect.

rc
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:06 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Gary Hoorn's Avatar
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,935 Posts
Mick,
Thanks for the video link. Answered my question perfectly. Now to shake down "ol' Saint Nick" for some ducats
Gary
Gary Hoorn is offline Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 01:36 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
FlopGun's Avatar
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitter
Hey FlopGun, I had that same dental emergency and look what I found It came a day ahead of schedule! I have had the best experience with my PA airframes and power systems, so on this one I thought why not try all the recommended PA gear. I will build her ASAP but may have to maiden her with skis on.
Vitter
Nice Vitter, I wish I got the IPA gear too. But I think my Torque 2814-820 will work well. It's about the same weight (143grams) as the Thrust 40, and it fits right in with no mods. I think I will try a 14x7 xoar in it.

I got most of mine finished last night. I like the big battery tray, plenty of room to move you lipo all over. I'll probably hit the skies friday morning.

Tchrstm, I envy you, you are soon to experience that special 3d feeling when you first fly a PA plane.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 01:47 PM
aka MadMan
rjmanzuk's Avatar
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
taking it personal

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Crash Tester
I've had good communication luck with PA both here and down under. E-mail Steve with your phone # usa@PrecisionAerobatics.com.
I E-mailed this morn and Steve called back with in 15Min.
Mine should be sent by tomorrow. Steve said they will E-mail tracking info when shipped.
Good advice, Crash. I guess, since I've been doing the same thing daily since 12 December (when it posted as "shipped"), that I must have somehow been put on their bad-guy list. Not a single response from PA, but I checked my bank account, and sure enough, they cashed my "check" the instant I ordered online. Guess they like my money, but not me. That's OK. I know when I'm not wanted as a customer ... so this, if I ever get it, will be my 3rd and last PA plane. I love the product, but don't appreciate the disrespect even a little bit.
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:04 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Well, if all else failed, that should certainly draw some attention.


aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:05 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
FlopGun's Avatar
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
RJ, now don't say something you'll regret....

What if they build that Turbine Toucan?

Even Connery said "Never say Never Again"
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:24 PM
aka MadMan
rjmanzuk's Avatar
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
everything is negotiable

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
RJ, now don't say something you'll regret....

What if they build that Turbine Toucan?

Even Connery said "Never say Never Again"
There's wisdom in that. Something about cutting off noses to spite faces, or some such thing. DEFINITELY a 50-60 inch span Turbine Toucan would make me eat those words.
Keep me on the straight and narrow, FlopGun. I'll get over it.
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:37 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
D.B. Hooper's Avatar
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
Good advice, Crash. I guess, since I've been doing the same thing daily since 12 December (when it posted as "shipped"), that I must have somehow been put on their bad-guy list. Not a single response from PA, but I checked my bank account, and sure enough, they cashed my "check" the instant I ordered online. Guess they like my money, but not me. That's OK. I know when I'm not wanted as a customer ... so this, if I ever get it, will be my 3rd and last PA plane. I love the product, but don't appreciate the disrespect even a little bit.
That is a bit odd RJ. Not sure how I got on the "good guy" list but as promised I got my tracking # last night.
I was on the back order list several months and confirmed my order on the 9th of Dec. I was told they do not bill until the order is shipped so I bet you will have it soon.

Just feel lucky your down there where you can fly year round.
I'm deep in my Beaver den and it's snowing with a 20mph wind blowing.
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2008, 02:57 PM
click here
straightedge_'s Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Feb 2008
624 Posts
RJ,

PA gives a phone number of 770-292-9122 which is in Georgia. Why not give them a call? Maybe your spam checker is blocking their response or something.
straightedge_ is offline Find More Posts by straightedge_
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GP Ultimate Biplane conversion SoarNeck Sport Planes 14 Dec 28, 2008 10:11 PM
Simple Series Ultimate Biplane exowatt Sport Planes 4 Jul 09, 2002 10:35 AM
Ultimate Biplane Templates for Foam Construction Here hoppy Sport Planes 8 Mar 17, 2002 09:34 PM
ULTIMATE BIPLANE - Another Meat Tray (Depron) Project. hoppy Foamies (Kits) 65 Jan 10, 2002 01:51 PM
Ultimate Biplane Colourschemes Armin Mangelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 9 Dec 08, 2001 09:03 PM