HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:52 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
pleasure man.just to note.I don't have a thrust motor on mine.just to avoid confusion.the thrust motors CAN take LOTS of punishment.It's also less stress on the airframe if you pulse
Ah OK. It's all good. I think the advice is probably good for all motors... if anything if you're using less power you can spend more time in the sky and less time on the ground .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I ended up with the CG at 48-49mm for hands-off inverted.. That's a full 10mm in front of the position advised in the manual. That may take the edge of the overly sensitive pitch response too.

Mine AMR laid up at the moment at one of the l/g legs started to de-laminate at the bend so I'm waiting for spares (UK stockist is out of stock again)
I've moved the CG up to 50mm from the outside LE of the top wing. Hopefully that calms things down. Will let you know this weekend if all goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
rayonnair...so glad to hear all is going well with the AMR! Nice video as it has me stoked to get mine in the air. Oh well...maybe after the holiday.

What a great group of guys on this thread.
Just fly it! *Dangles temptation in front of HeeBeeGeeBee*

In all seriousness sorry to hear you don't have the time. It's tropical where I live and usually doesn't rain in the mornings in the dry season - I haven't missed a weekend since april. The monsoon is coming, though, and the winds are changing around the flying field, so I'll probably be in a bind soon!
rayonnair is offline Find More Posts by rayonnair
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:40 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Finally managed to get rid of that 20g, for an AUW of 1164g. That'll have to do. I can't make it lighter without replacing the spinner or the servos.

I also re-taped the portion of the aileron hinge that became unstuck. Somewhat annoyed that it would come undone after a handful of flights! Even more annoyed now because the repair looks hideous .

I seriously cannot wait for this weekend!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:50 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post

I also re-taped the portion of the aileron hinge that became unstuck. Somewhat annoyed that it would come undone after a handful of flights! Even more annoyed now because the repair looks hideous .
Did you try just ironing the hinge tape back down? It is heat activated.
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Yup. I had hoped that that's all I needed to do, but it didn't seem to stick .
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:13 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
One alternative is to apply clear transparent tape on it. I had to do it on mine after +3 years of flying it LOL
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:53 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Aerofundan, I did put transparent tape on. But I can see the edges... and it doesn't match up against the original tape... so it annoys me. HAHA. It's OK, it's fixed.

Just ran 6 more packs through it.

I'm having tremendous difficulty finding the right CG on this one. Battery up against front edge of battery tray, and it's pitch sensitive and climbs inverted but flat spins beautifully. Move it 5mm forward, and it is so much more controllable on pitch and it sinks inverted but it doesn't flat spin inverted anymore, and the upright flat spin is jerky.

RAAAAAAAAAR!

It's over 20 packs now and it's still not trimmed right. I'll get it one of these days... I'll get it. Tomorrow is another day with another set of packs to run.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:30 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Aerofundan, I did put transparent tape on. But I can see the edges... and it doesn't match up against the original tape... so it annoys me. HAHA. It's OK, it's fixed.

Just ran 6 more packs through it.

I'm having tremendous difficulty finding the right CG on this one. Battery up against front edge of battery tray, and it's pitch sensitive and climbs inverted but flat spins beautifully. Move it 5mm forward, and it is so much more controllable on pitch and it sinks inverted but it doesn't flat spin inverted anymore, and the upright flat spin is jerky.

RAAAAAAAAAR!

It's over 20 packs now and it's still not trimmed right. I'll get it one of these days... I'll get it. Tomorrow is another day with another set of packs to run.
Are you sure its not your elevator servo? it could be that its not centering right, so its tricking you!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Anyone fly this inside of a baseball diamond? Little league diamond that is.

Trying to figure out if I should replace my little slick with this or an addiction. I tend to fly more high energy
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:10 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post
Anyone fly this inside of a baseball diamond? Little league diamond that is.

Trying to figure out if I should replace my little slick with this or an addiction. I tend to fly more high energy
If you want high energy the Addiction is not the answer. The AMR is high energy but I'm not sure how much fun it would be to just fly in a baseball diamond. Unless your talking about a the whole field and not just the infield.
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:11 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,315 Posts
I have flown mine in small ballfields, but it is not ideal. AMR carries energy well and it is tight. I get much more joy from flying the KMD, and Ad-X in smaller fields.

Like WWI said above, Addictions are not exactly "high energy"
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Nov 23, 2012, 08:12 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,812 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Are you sure its not your elevator servo? it could be that its not centering right, so its tricking you!
Thanks for the tip. I couldn't verify today because it was really windy so I flew as nose heavy as I could. I'll get it figured out tomorrow or next weekend I guess . The servo does have a bit of slop in it from the spline side so that could be an issue, I may have to swap out all the servos in the end.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
decided against it, as much as I want a bipe I need the ability to change packs fast and a high energy plane.

back to the little slick I go.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,315 Posts
stg~ FYI battery swaps take only a moment, it just takes some getting used to. As far as wanting a high energy plane; IMO I will take the AMR over a slick any day... My suggestions to consider another plane was based ENTIRELY on your venue (if you are trying to fly it in a small space).

If you want a high energy plane, dont hesitate on the AMR; this thing winds up like a top during spins and carries its energy so well. For years, it has been my favorite to KE spin.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My New Workshop
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:09 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,969 Posts
yep, nothing comes close to AMR in KE spins. It's almost unbelievable the first time you see one virtually catching its own tail in a frenzy.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:54 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
yep, nothing comes close to AMR in KE spins. It's almost unbelievable the first time you see one virtually catching its own tail in a frenzy.
DAMN straight!The AMR is an amazing plane,and tbh I would take it over a Slick aswell. i the size class.Hey check this if you wanna talk bout an AMR being flown in tight space
I saw a vid of a guy that flies it in a school gym.really tight.can't find the vid though
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX