HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:28 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
Thanks, demonGti. But in that case, I should also be sealing the elevator gap, yes? Which the PA manual also mentions, but there is no covering with which to do it.
I don't think you need to seal the elevator from what I can remember. It comes pre-hinged in such a way that it isn't necessary
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:31 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
I don't think you need to seal the elevator from what I can remember. It comes pre-hinged in such a way that it isn't necessary
I'll just seal one side of the rudder, then. Thanks much!
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:07 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Thought I'd share my build. Took a while. Still have some things to do with the ailerons (they seem to be binding at the ends of travel) and rudder, but it's mostly complete.

Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the covering film on one side of the rudder hinge joint is for? I'm not sure why PA wants me to do this. Thanks!
I like those stars that you added!!! looks really cool!!!! gives it a very nice touch!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:15 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Hi guys, I've been going over the surfaces and everything to make sure I've built it up correctly. I've noticed that the tape hinges on the ailerons get in the way and resist movement at the extreme ends in the downward portion of the aileron movement. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? Thanks guys .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
I like those stars that you added!!! looks really cool!!!! gives it a very nice touch!
Glad you like it. Maybe someday I can fly it like you too!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:52 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Hi guys, I've been going over the surfaces and everything to make sure I've built it up correctly. I've noticed that the tape hinges on the ailerons get in the way and resist movement at the extreme ends in the downward portion of the aileron movement. I was wondering if anyone else has this issue? Thanks guys .

Glad you like it. Maybe someday I can fly it like you too!
Just make sure you are getting about 40 - 45 degrees of throw on the aileron and it should be fine, although to be honest with you, i remember that my ultimate rolled so fast that i ended up taking off a bit of throw! So probably with about 35 - 40 degrees of aileron throw it is already fast enough
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:04 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
...although to be honest with you, i remember that my ultimate rolled so fast that i ended up taking off a bit of throw! ...

Cheers, I will reduce the throws. Although now you're just making me nervous for the weekend .
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:06 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Well, after all this time, I finally got mine assembled. I still need to set the throws on the tail feathers and dual rates, but here she is
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:19 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
"Hello, friend!" - My AMR to yours

I see you decked her out in the CF spinner and control horns! Looking real purty
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:29 AM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
"Hello, friend!" - My AMR to yours

I see you decked her out in the CF spinner and control horns! Looking real purty
Cheers and thanks! Yours looks great with the stars added. Nice job! I don't know when I'll get to maiden her. Not for the next couple of weeks anyway The time change blows
Last edited by HeeBeeGeeBee; Nov 14, 2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:53 AM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
It's amazing how good the AMR looks in every color. I want them all Good luck with the maidens guys!
FlyWW1 is online now Find More Posts by FlyWW1
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:01 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeeBeeGeeBee View Post
Cheers and thanks! Yours looks great with the stars added. Nice job! I don't know when I'll get to maiden her. Not for the next couple of weeks anyway Daylight savings blows
Actually, I think the winter is when we use "Normal" time. The summer is "daylight savings". But I agree. Changing time back in the fall BLOWS!
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead View Post
Actually, I think the winter is when we use "Normal" time. The summer is "daylight savings". But I agree. Changing time back in the fall BLOWS!
Sure you're right (edited). Throw in the holidays with all the preparation for all the people coming to the house (wifey keeps me busy) and there's no time for flying...it blows!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
You'll like it! The lite wing load is crazy.

You may want to consider adding additional colors on the bottom wing for easier identification and orientation. Mine's also red and depending on the weather and sunlight, orientation could be problematic for those rare moments.

Quote:
Well, after all this time, I finally got mine assembled. I still need to set the throws on the tail feathers and dual rates, but here she is
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,379 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_rc View Post
You'll like it! The lite wing load is crazy.

You may want to consider adding additional colors on the bottom wing for easier identification and orientation. Mine's also red and depending on the weather and sunlight, orientation could be problematic for those rare moments.
If it feels anywhere near as light as the Addy, I know what you mean. Thanks for the "heads up" on doing something on the bottom for orientation. I may have to do that.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:10 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,806 Posts
Quote:
Cheers and thanks! Yours looks great with the stars added. Nice job! I don't know when I'll get to maiden her. Not for the next couple of weeks anyway The time change blows
Thanks. I'm sure you'll find the time... when it comes to these things time seems to get stolen/created from somewhere somehow .

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
It's amazing how good the AMR looks in every color. I want them all Good luck with the maidens guys!
Thanks!