SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, VA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
Are you saying the pants cause it to nose over, or is it the cracking up that you don't like?

I have repaired and reinforced my AMR wheel pants with fibreglass matt inside, and that works to make them much more durable. Also on my Addiction, I went for the Carbon wheel pants, and they are 10 times stronger than the flimsy fibreglass ones. Never had one of those broken in may hundreds of flights, but I do fly from mowed grass.
If the grass has more than 2 days growth as soon as the pants hit it flips. I was going to order the Carbon pants but if it's still going to flip there's no point. I think I'm just gonna have to fly without pants during growing season. That looks horrible though so I just wanted to see if someone had come up with something clever first. I'll be able to leave them on in the Winter though
FlyWW1 is offline Find More Posts by FlyWW1
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:06 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,494 Posts
FlyWWI~ I am guessing you are still getting stick time with the AMR... As you become more comfortable with it, you will start to shorten and shorten your landings. The best way to land in rough fields is to simply slow it down into a 3-point landing.

Ideally, your forward speed should be slowed down considerably enough, that when you are a foot off the ground your forward momentum should be so slow that they plane will not flip. Practice dead sticks to get used to the way she floats in.
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:49 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyWW1 View Post
If the grass has more than 2 days growth as soon as the pants hit it flips.
This doesnt sound like the AMR I've been flying for two years. I fly from sports fields where the grass can get quite long and I've never had any problems with the plane nosing over on landing. I can only think that you are coming in too hot. Also as soon as she touches down bang in full up elevator to hold the tail down.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
This doesnt sound like the AMR I've been flying for two years. I fly from sports fields where the grass can get quite long and I've never had any problems with the plane nosing over on landing. I can only think that you are coming in too hot. Also as soon as she touches down bang in full up elevator to hold the tail down.
The grass I land in is a small clumpy field grass. Very rough compared to what you guys are talking about. Basically I'm asking the plane to do what it can't I put the Addiction pants on and think that may give me the clearance I need for at least a harrier landing or 3 point. Thanks for the input
Old Oct 06, 2012, 07:16 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,761 Posts
Ahh.. ok, clumps of crass would cause problems.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Nov 2010
1,620 Posts
The Addiction wheel pants seem to have fixed the problem! They're smaller and have more of a curve in the front allowing them to slide up the clumps when needed.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:29 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,537 Posts
Very strange to hear that, i flew mine 98% of the time at grass fields, and never had a problem!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined May 2011
621 Posts
Looking to join the club and experience Ultimate AMR myself personally this coming weekend if I get the build completed in time. My first 3d bi-plane; my third PA planes . Got the red hot one. Going with standard ipa drive and hitec 5065mg servos all around.
Reef_rc is offline Find More Posts by Reef_rc
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:35 PM
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Feb 2011
844 Posts
Mine is done and awaiting the maiden flight! Just in time for our fall weather to move in...
Crash Prone is offline Find More Posts by Crash Prone
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:32 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef_rc View Post
Looking to join the club and experience Ultimate AMR myself personally this coming weekend if I get the build completed in time. My first 3d bi-plane; my third PA planes . Got the red hot one. Going with standard ipa drive and hitec 5065mg servos all around.
May I just ask one question, are you using a separate BEC? The setup you describe with the Quantum 45 and 4x hs5065s needs one.

Sub
subsonic is online now Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:33 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsonic View Post
May I just ask one question, are you using a separate BEC? The setup you describe with the Quantum 45 and 4x hs5065s needs one.

Sub
Why is that? Do the digitals draw more amps?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:09 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
784 Posts
Sory for the bother - I saw that this issue has already been discussed, but I still can't figure it out: of the two horns shown in the photo, which one is for elevator and which one is for rudder? I just want to make sure to get this right! Tks!

Kevin
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:11 PM
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Feb 2011
844 Posts
Left one for elevator.
Crash Prone is offline Find More Posts by Crash Prone
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:13 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchen95 View Post
Sory for the bother - I saw that this issue has already been discussed, but I still can't figure it out: of the two horns shown in the photo, which one is for elevator and which one is for rudder? I just want to make sure to get this right! Tks!

Kevin
elevator on the right
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:16 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2008
784 Posts
So there's disagreement on this? From the manual photos I thought the elevator is the left one?
kchen95 is online now Find More Posts by kchen95