Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
Guys... Remember, Burg Thingy knows we are a "tough crowd"

Yo BT,

It was ok.

rc
tfj
good one RC LOL

The Dude got skills! Nice flying BT.

I got my tracking number yesterday and it just canít get here fast enough I am so excited!

Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Old Dec 11, 2008, 01:14 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,436 Posts
As much as I love my Reactor Bipe I had to have this AMR.
I ordered the Pro package with the carbon spinner. Total $589.85 with shipping to Oregon. After a call to PA this mornning it should be shipped out tomorrow
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
Old Dec 11, 2008, 01:26 PM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Thing
Guys, tonight I will fly off to Good-Ol' Europe to spend X-Mas with the Family. I managed to do make a quick and dirty Ulti-Video. When I shot this, I had 10 flights with that Baby - also I wanted a peaceful X-Mas, knowing that my Ulti sits at home in one piece. Therefore I took it easy. I know you are a tough crowd, so cut me some slack, ok?

Cheers, BT
Excellent flying and terrific job on the video presentation BT.

Very professional.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:28 PM
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Guys, tonight I will fly off to Good-Ol' Europe to spend X-Mas with the Family. I managed to do make a quick and dirty Ulti-Video. When I shot this, I had 10 flights with that Baby - also I wanted a peaceful X-Mas, knowing that my Ulti sits at home in one piece. Therefore I took it easy. I know you are a tough crowd, so cut me some slack, ok?

Cheers, BT
Dude that vid is exellent! great picture quality, great camera work, great editing, and great flying! one of the best vids I've seen in a while.
poring is offline Find More Posts by poring
Old Dec 11, 2008, 06:05 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Sweet Dude, I can't wait to get mine. I reallly realllly want to do some flat spins with it.

That's a definite upgrade on the flying field. If you added a few kids with soccer balls I would have thought you were at Aerofundans.

Those were some great rollers and the KE and rolling loops were awesome.

Have a great holiday back in Europe.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 11, 2008, 06:41 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Yeah awesome vid BT!!!

way to raise the bar once again... back to the sim I go
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Dec 11, 2008, 07:03 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
Flipz, i think you should toss some skis on your 260 and do one of your winter wonderland videos..........
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:03 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:

Cheers, BT

http://www.vimeo.com/2493345

Excellent video Dude! Loved the flying, editing and camera work. Looks very professional indeed.

Looks like Girl in The Park is a natural behind the camera! Two thumbs up for her! Wishing you a Merry X-mas and see you back here soon!

RR
Radio Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Radio Rookie
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:06 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
Flipz, i think you should toss some skis on your 260 and do one of your winter wonderland videos..........
Yeah I second that Flop. Aflpiz, go for it! Tail dragging on the snow would be awesome

RR
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:14 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jun 2003
445 Posts
Wow cool video. Flies like a foamy if you want it to doesn't it?
Iso Octane is offline Find More Posts by Iso Octane
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:16 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
I will try

Check out my forecast , if you scroll down you see the long term, Sunday looks good to me, what do you think? (of course the long term is very inaccurate)

Oh yeah, fun in the sun
Old Dec 11, 2008, 10:28 PM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Aflipz,

Yup sunday looks promising.

If you can could you please measure the temperature of the motor after the flight?

It would be interesting to see the Thrust 30 after a flight in cold weather. The T30 on my Extra 260 was stone cold after flying in the rain last week. Bet you probably get ice on the motor if you fly on Saturday!

RR
Old Dec 12, 2008, 04:33 AM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Dudes, I just arrived in Europe. What a surprise to see so many nice comments. Thank you all. If Aflipz was here, he could show me, how to build some skies for the models. I could use those here. Snowstorm hit last night. Everything is covered in white. Despite the winter tires on my rental car, I almost skidded of the road...

To Matt from ReflexFilm: we use a Canon HF-11 and an iMAC with Final Cut Express 4.0

Thanks again, guys.

By the way, we have set up a a gallery web page: www.3d-aerobatics.com Eventually (in a few weeks time) we want to include a gallery with friends fliers from around the world. It would be great to have some cracking shots from you all. We want to keep it friendly and funny.

Cheers, BT
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Dec 12, 2008, 09:25 AM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Hey man, you deserve every compliment you got! Unfortunately I would be much more useful to you as a severe winder conditions driver than a ski builder.... I was born "crab-walking" FWD cars in the snow

just remember; when your rear end starts passing you, point the wheels where you want to be and go WOT. In fact, when in doubt; just go WOT. Speed=stability

RR, my T30's are always pretty cool even when it's warm out, I am pretty sure the rotor temp after a flight in sub zero temps would be... sub zero! But i'll try to remember the infrared thermometer