HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2012, 06:58 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
I actually jump off the sticks for a brief second and wait for the planes inertia to slow the plane and then pull it out..
Space, that worked nicely, only slight downside is the nose drops but it does reliably stop the inverted flat spin. I think it's the elevator that holds it in the spin, as long as you keep the elevator deflected the wings stay stalled and the plane keeps spinning.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 11:30 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
just centre all sticks on the TX when u wanna ome out and it's as smooth as a baby's bottom.that's how i come out of my KE spins.had abit of a bumpy landing today on my 2nd flight and broke the spokes on the one wheel,so no vid
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old May 06, 2012, 12:21 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
just centre all sticks on the TX when u wanna ome out and it's as smooth as a baby's bottom.that's how i come out of my KE spins.
It was blender exits i was having the problem with, not KE spins. The inverted flat spin that a blender ends up in is harder to get out of than a KE spin. But centring the sticks does do it, as I mentioned in my last post, though if might do a few more rotations before it decides to come out.

Hope you get the wheels replaced soon. I've never managed to break a wheel.

Steve
Old May 06, 2012, 01:22 PM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
It was blender exits i was having the problem with, not KE spins. The inverted flat spin that a blender ends up in is harder to get out of than a KE spin. But centring the sticks does do it, as I mentioned in my last post, though if might do a few more rotations before it decides to come out.

Hope you get the wheels replaced soon. I've never managed to break a wheel.

Steve
Sorry Steve my bad.lol not reading properly.I'll replace both in the week.I don't have issues coming out of a blender,but I really can't tell u what I do on the sticks,I kinda just fly it out
Old May 06, 2012, 02:57 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
heh... im still having no luck with ultimate lol... after todays test how it flies with a battery lower(meaning CoG like 5mm lower) seems, its kinda ok in everything except KE.... but the bad side is, on the end of a first battery, noticed that im lacking aeleron authority... landed and guess what? hinges pulled loose on lower aelerons..... second time, fist time i tried to iron them down, now i guess ill replace them with blenderm tape...(that would be ok?)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old May 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,416 Posts
CG 'lower'.. I understand moving the CG backward and forward but 'lower'.. not sure how or why you would do that

It should KE just fine but it needs LOTS of mixing, especially elevator mix. i'm running 18% up elevator to rudder. if you havent got KE mixes programmed then you will have a hard time with KE that's for sure.

I don't think blenderm would be the best because it's a bit 'stretchy'..but I could be wrong. if it were me I'd do it like PA did it originally and just use covering film. I've had mine for 18 months and have put in 100's of flights and the tape is just starting to come away.. Your tape cant of been attached properly if it's come away after only a few flights.
Old May 07, 2012, 12:01 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
CG 'lower'.. I understand moving the CG backward and forward but 'lower'.. not sure how or why you would do that

It should KE just fine but it needs LOTS of mixing, especially elevator mix. i'm running 18% up elevator to rudder. if you havent got KE mixes programmed then you will have a hard time with KE that's for sure.

I don't think blenderm would be the best because it's a bit 'stretchy'..but I could be wrong. if it were me I'd do it like PA did it originally and just use covering film. I've had mine for 18 months and have put in 100's of flights and the tape is just starting to come away.. Your tape cant of been attached properly if it's come away after only a few flights.
How coincidental ;! I brought my Ultimate AMR in June of 2009 and just today on my second flight my top left aileron came loose and started flapping. It had been so long ago that it was built, that I forgot that it did not have ca hinges. Whats the recommended fix? How about hinge tape? It's also nice to see you Steve and chop stiX on this thread. It's seems we have the same taste in planes. Makes me feel like I'm among friends Bill
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old May 07, 2012, 12:08 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
How coincidental ;! I brought my Ultimate AMR in June of 2009 and just today on my second flight my top left aileron came loose and started flapping. It had been so long ago that it was built, that I forgot that it did not have ca hinges. Whats the recommended fix? How about hinge tape? It's also nice to see you Steve and chop stiX on this thread. It's seems we have the same taste in planes. Makes me feel like I'm among friends Bill
hehehe It seems we do I love my AMR.only had it for a month and a half and put maybe 20 flights on it,but I love it!
Francois
Old May 07, 2012, 12:12 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Good to see you here too Bill.. there are several familiar faces around in this thread

'Hinge tape' is the name given my modellers to 3M 'Blenderm' surgical tape. it might be ok but I'm concerned that it might be a bit stretchy for use on the AMR. but give it a go and see, it may be perfectly ok, you can always take it off again if it's no use.
Old May 07, 2012, 01:11 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:

I did it quite by accident after i had broke battery tray for second time... I went overkill and epoxied ply plate on the bottom, not a lot of weight aded and seems to hold ok so far...

Ke mixes i had sorted out for vox t40x prop, so now with 13x6.5 it has a tad too much aeleron and with a lower cog, i didnt really understand do i need to move my cog somewhere or just tweak mix.. well, i need to sort the hinges and than back to air..(my hinges pulled loose at around 15th battery)
Old May 07, 2012, 02:13 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
I did it quite by accident after i had broke battery tray for second time... I went overkill and epoxied ply plate on the bottom, not a lot of weight aded and seems to hold ok so far...

Ke mixes i had sorted out for vox t40x prop, so now with 13x6.5 it has a tad too much aeleron and with a lower cog, i didnt really understand do i need to move my cog somewhere or just tweak mix.. well, i need to sort the hinges and than back to air..(my hinges pulled loose at around 15th battery)
As I recall you flew your AMR into a bush which is how your ailerons came loose?? Surely this didn't happen on its own after 15 flights?!?!

Re: moving the CG lower inside the fuse, I would imagine you will need more rudder to aileron mix now to overcome the tendency to roll to level and also probably a bit more on the elevator also.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old May 07, 2012, 04:35 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
As I recall you flew your AMR into a bush which is how your ailerons came loose?? Surely this didn't happen on its own after 15 flights?!?!

Re: moving the CG lower inside the fuse, I would imagine you will need more rudder to aileron mix now to overcome the tendency to roll to level and also probably a bit more on the elevator also.
I had noticed them pulling loose before but after it started troubling me... And again, its in comparisons... On 3dhs planes i have to trash the plane to get the hinges out togedher with half of the holding wood, not just a 2feet plop-landing-nose over where only real damage is to fuse first former...

And btw on unwrapping the plane, i expresed my concern that hinges are inadequate for a 200$+ plane...
Last edited by rimaarts; May 07, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old May 07, 2012, 10:37 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
Didn't you just buy this AMR? If so you need to contact seller and complain. Although you may not get any help (judging form past experience and hearing stories) it is worth a try. If you fix I DO NOT recommend Blenderm tape. You can use a very strong scotch tape if you can find it or it would be best to replace the covering used for hinges with new covering.
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old May 07, 2012, 11:11 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Why no blenderm? You think it will stretch too much?
Old May 07, 2012, 08:49 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
319 Posts
Yep Blenderm is too stretchy. It seems to work great on foamies, but so does regular scotch tape.

I recently re-taped my elevator and I used Kapton Tape. Its orange/gold colour but it has no stretch in it and has a very good adhesive.
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM