HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:39 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
The method prescribed in the manual to secure the batts works well without putting undue stress on the battery tray when removing them.

I use two straps and not one for insurance on all my planes and a strip of self adhesive foam sealer works great for keeping the lipo from sliding.
well after first time (how could i know that plane was SO weak, i used hook parts on battery tray and battery + a strap around...aah, and i forgot to mention that i already had to reseal lower aeleron hinges... ok, on 1 wing it MIGHT have happened from that crash i had, it had a tear in a cowering on the aeleron, but both wings...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2012, 06:57 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
Pulled off my first ever blender with the AMR today, I could hardly get the smile off my face! After doing a few I was managing to fly out inverted nice and smooth, just like the pros do

I really find the AMR to be a great tool for learning new stunts, the fact that it slows up well gives me time to think. With the AMR I'm possibly getting into that zone where my confidence is starting to exceed my skill level, which usually ends badly, but i'm having fun for the moment.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 28, 2012, 07:36 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Completely agree! Amr is so easy to fly like a foamy... But its waaaay more fragile! On calm days i just LOVE to fly amr.. but on windier days amr gets blown around way more than 42 slick...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Still waiting for my Maiden , weather in uk has been the worst in a while , hopefully it will ease up this week and i can get a flight or two in after work
saffa365 is offline Find More Posts by saffa365
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:33 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Pulled off my first ever blender with the AMR today, I could hardly get the smile off my face! After doing a few I was managing to fly out inverted nice and smooth, just like the pros do

I really find the AMR to be a great tool for learning new stunts, the fact that it slows up well gives me time to think. With the AMR I'm possibly getting into that zone where my confidence is starting to exceed my skill level, which usually ends badly, but i'm having fun for the moment.

Steve
That's awsome Steve.I kinda got a blender or 2 yesterday.Nailed a few nice poptops though Will try get some video to prove
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:56 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
My pop tops are still rather inconsistant, half the time the plane ends up inverted Still trying to figure out exactly what I do right sometimes and wrong others. The blender needs more bottle but actually seems easier to get right.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 06:52 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,337 Posts
Have you watched Wamsys video on Pop Tops? Very good and helped me get them.
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:43 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Have you watched Wamsys video on Pop Tops? Very good and helped me get them.
+1 Me too. Great video!

Pop-Tops with Slow-Motion (2 min 22 sec)
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 01, 2012, 07:04 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
Hmmm.. that is useful. the main difference between what the video showed and how I've been doing it is the use (in the video) of right aileron as the plane flattens out at the apex. Following advice elswhere I've just centred the aileron but the plane has tended to sometimes roll inverted. Also i've been closing the throttle completely whereas the video left some power on throughout.

I'll try the right aileron and a bit of power next time out.

thanks!

Steve
Old May 01, 2012, 03:50 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
Well the right aileron and power didn't help. Conclusion is that the AMR doesn't fly quite the same as the plane in the sim.

I did figure where I'd been going wrong though. I'd been leaving down elevator in too long. After much practice this evening I've got them a lot more consistent. I still find blenders even easier though and arguably more impressive due to the sheer violence involved

Steve
Old May 01, 2012, 04:01 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Steve,

I've been able to get some really nice pop tops with my AMR. It's surprisingly one of the maneuvers it does very well. Maybe you need a little more practice, or more control throw?

Gary
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 02, 2012, 02:32 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
Gary,

Actually it's doing them pretty well now I've got the use of the elevator figured out. Possibly you are getting more energy in yours because you are using a higher kv motior so get more speed in the verticals (My Hacker is 800kv and pulls about 450W peak) ?.. Hard to say without seeing both in action.

I just find the blenders have a bit more violence due to being gravity assisted.

Steve
Old May 02, 2012, 08:31 AM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Steve,

I've been able to get some really nice pop tops with my AMR. It's surprisingly one of the maneuvers it does very well. Maybe you need a little more practice, or more control throw?

Gary
Gary, please give us a summary of your control inputs for the pop tops. I've been struggling to do clean ones as well.

Thanks
Christo
masehare is offline Find More Posts by masehare
Old May 02, 2012, 08:50 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,143 Posts
I'll tell you how I'm doing them now, which seems to work based on my flying session yesterday:

Get some speed up and pull into a vertical WOT.
  • Full left aileron.
  • A moment or two later full right rudder.
  • Simultaneously move to full down elevator and close the throttle.
  • As plane reaches apex centre the right stick.
  • When rotation stops centre the rudder, add throttle and fly out, use up elevator to prevent the nose dropping and levelling the wings with aileron as required.

I'd also be interested to hear if I'm doing it any different to others.
Last edited by JetPlaneFlyer; May 02, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old May 02, 2012, 08:58 AM
Cape Town
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I'll tell you how I'm doing them now, which seems to work based on my flying session yesterday:

Get some speed up and pull into a vertical WOT.
  • Full left aileron.
  • A moment or two later full right rudder.
  • Simoutaniusly move to full down elevator and close the throttle.
  • As plane reaches apex centre the right stick.
  • When rotation stops centre the rudder, add throttle and fly out, use up elevator to prevent the nose dropping and leveling the wings with aileron as required.

I'd also be interested to hear if I'm doing it any different to others.
Thanks. Is "centre the right stick" mode 1 or mode 2? I assume it's the aileron.

I'll give it a bash on the flight sim.
masehare is offline Find More Posts by masehare