HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,317 Posts
x2 i run a 14x7apc on a 800kv hacker and its more than enough power for the airframe. 13x6.5 even works well but the 14x7 is a rocket on an upline
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 02:25 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
I'm running 13x6.5 and its stooooopid!verticle is plenty.i back out way before i reach it's limit,gets too small
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Build day tomorrow

Just ordered Green Amr with IPA , carbon spinner and a spare vox 13x6.5.

I had my heart set on the Blue one but i got a pretty sweet deal for the green only 280
fed ex should be knocking at my door tomorrow morning around 10am and ive got the day off to build this little bad boy.
Ive been gathering up the courage for a few days to hit the checkout button , trying to justify another Plane , but seen as i have recently written off my HK sttip it only seems fair to get rid of the foamies and replace them with PA quality

i couldnt think of a better way to spend my day off , building a new plane , might get a few flights of the ADDICTION in during breaks

wooo hooo
saffa365 is offline Find More Posts by saffa365
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:57 PM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Seem like my post brought this thread to a grinding halt , anybody out there hellllloooo!!!! Lol
Okay plane is built and nearly ready for maiden , just quick question , manuall says use 5% diff for ailerons on high rates? , but with my dx6i I seem to only be able to program 5% into ailerons all round , high and low , is this going to cause a problem

Cheers
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:00 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,375 Posts
A little differential on low and high rates wont cause any problems. You will most likely find that you never use low rates anyway.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365 View Post
Seem like my post brought this thread to a grinding halt , anybody out there hellllloooo!!!! Lol
I have been looking forward to your maiden report and maybe some build pictures.

My AMR was first flown with a DX6I and I didn't even think about having the differential on low rates, so I agree, it should not be a problem. That said, I can't actually remember using low rates, but it is something I am beginning to play with to try and get my flying to look smooth
OSOFAM is online now Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Apr 24, 2012, 09:07 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,709 Posts
Yeah,
I don't use low rates at all on this plane. IF I did I would likely use the differential. I have not read the manual in a long time, but I can not imagine needing differential on high rates and not needing it on low rates. Just does not make sense to me...??
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:12 AM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Thanks guys

I to have been looking forward to the maiden , she is all ready to go , staring at me when I come home , but the weather is terrible and the rest of the week is looking bad also . So bad I eventually bought Phoenix just to keep my itchy fingers at bay

I'll try post some pics of my battery tray mod and my cg idea , after work

I don't have many build pics as I get to engrossed and forget to take pics
Old Apr 25, 2012, 02:31 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,965 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys

I to have been looking forward to the maiden , she is all ready to go , staring at me when I come home , but the weather is terrible and the rest of the week is looking bad also . So bad I eventually bought Phoenix just to keep my itchy fingers at bay

I'll try post some pics of my battery tray mod and my cg idea , after work

I don't have many build pics as I get to engrossed and forget to take pics
You will love the AMR .
Where in SA are you? Our weather is crap here too... so maybe you're close by.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:36 AM
Proudly South African
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
I wish i was home in south africa , im stuck in London at the moment trying to get my British Passport.

My family live in Durbs.

Uk weather is killer four seasons in one day.
Looks like i will only get to Maiden her next week , but ill get up early on weekend and if i spot a break in the weather i will get her up.

Must admit i havent met any fellow rc Pilots here , so lets just say self taught flying has been expensive , frustrating and totaly awesome at the same time.

Sorry to go off topic

The AMR is one of the most beauifull birds ive seen , and im sure ill be even happier once the weather clears up
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:54 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,259 Posts
saffa
have to agree with you on the "The AMR is one of the most beauifull birds ive seen" comment I love my AMR
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,317 Posts
I think i am almost done doing everything to my AMR, Put some 3dhs axles and wheel pants on. All thats left is to change out the aileron servos now.
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
United States, PA, Wrightsville
Joined Nov 2002
267 Posts
Still waiting for my red AMR to arrive.
I'm ready to get the build underway.

Craig
Crgabel is offline Find More Posts by Crgabel
Old Apr 26, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, PA, Wrightsville
Joined Nov 2002
267 Posts
Can someone please get me measurements on the landing gear.I always go to aluminum because of the rough grass i land in.

Width between legs where the wheels are secured.
Width at the point where the gear bolts to fuse.
Heigth from top of leg to bottom of leg
Depth front to back.

Thank You!
Craig
Crgabel is offline Find More Posts by Crgabel
Old Apr 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
I wish i was home in south africa , im stuck in London at the moment trying to get my British Passport.

My family live in Durbs.

Uk weather is killer four seasons in one day.
Looks like i will only get to Maiden her next week , but ill get up early on weekend and if i spot a break in the weather i will get her up.

Must admit i havent met any fellow rc Pilots here , so lets just say self taught flying has been expensive , frustrating and totaly awesome at the same time.

Sorry to go off topic

The AMR is one of the most beauifull birds ive seen , and im sure ill be even happier once the weather clears up
Heh... Im in london aswell... Wich part of london are you? im flying my small electrics in westham football park and big electrics in hackney marshes (olympic park north...)
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts