SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 10, 2012, 07:08 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,909 Posts
Red Scheme IS harder to see at distance. Same as with ALL red planes. It's a simple law of human sight.

I am not sure why there are not more yellow planes? That is the easiest of all colors to see.
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:41 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Finally nailed those satanic fast KE spins on my AMR on sunday
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:52 AM
Heavy thinker..I mean tinkerer
Canada, ON, Aylmer
Joined Apr 2009
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Nice! I'm still working on those.
TheBlood+ is offline Find More Posts by TheBlood+
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:47 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
I'm working on those pop tops.....can't get my timing right.but practice make perfect
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:45 PM
The SteamRoller
USA, CA, Fort Bragg
Joined Oct 2009
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
I would say that the result of looking away and turning your back on your plane when harrier'ing close to the ground is very predictable

I cant see how the colour scheme would make any difference if you werent looking at it
LMAO
thesteam is offline Find More Posts by thesteam
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Citizen #208
United States, LA, West Monroe
Joined Dec 2010
51 Posts
Best Ever

This past Sunday I finished the build on my new AMR and after Easter activities with the family I went out to our club field for its first flight. All I can say is "WOW"!!!
I have owned SHP's, a Velox and 51" Slick, and they were great planes, but in my opinion the AMR outshines them all. After the timer went off on the maiden I lined her up on the runway and she glided in like no other plane I have flown before. After 5 flights this week and reading through this forum I finally figured out KE Spins today. Crazy tight and fast then a perfect transition to a inverted flat spin.

I went with the stock power system and 65MG's. Only mods were SHP wheels and axles, carbon rod bracing on side of motorbox and checkered graphics underneath to help with orientation.

I can say without a doubt my next 3D plane will be from Precision Aerobatics. Can't wait to see what they announce at the Toledo Show.
daskip87 is offline Find More Posts by daskip87
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:13 PM
What will happen if ....Oh....
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined Oct 2007
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
I love the crazy fast KE spins. Once you get the method sorted the next challenge is to avoid getting hypnotized by it and remember go pull out in time.

In Mr K's vid he went a little closer to the ground than I prefer to during a KE Spin, but he is Mr Kamakaze.

I enjoyed watching your vid Mr K. I have been putting stick time on the addyX and bandit lately, but that made me want to get the AMR out.

Also thanks for the review Gyro. It is great to read especially because it's your first PA plane so you have fresh eyes. I hope you have as much fun with it as i do. I just want to mention something for anyone new to the AMR. It is by no means essential to remove any braces to get the battery in. I have flown mine since the beginning in stock standard form and I am fine with it.
OSOFAM is offline Find More Posts by OSOFAM
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
In Mr K's vid he went a little closer to the ground than I prefer to during a KE Spin, but he is Mr Kamakaze.
I wondered if anyone would mention that! But the AMR is very predictable and makes it ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSOFAM View Post
I enjoyed watching your vid Mr K. I have been putting stick time on the addyX and bandit lately, but that made me want to get the AMR out.
Yep I know the feeling. I was flying the Bandit for a while, then went to the AMR. I forgot what a great plane it is. Then last week I flew my Extra 260 but now I find I haven't flown my Addiction X for 4 or 5 weeks. And I really want to get my Extra MX back in the air (esc issue). Soooo many planes sooo little time.

Oh and in case you missed it the new plane for Toldeo has been announced. There is a thread for it here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1631755
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:09 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
the KMX is sooo hot!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:50 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Hucking my Green AMR on the helmet cam. Luuuurv the AMR

http://vimeo.com/40120965
Excellent Brett! Your skills seem to improve in every video
But they do say the green ones fly he best
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:01 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti View Post
Excellent Brett! Your skills seem to improve in every video
But they do say the green ones fly he best
I think the blue AMR flies better
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:46 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,391 Posts
Mr Kamikaze is online now Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Apr 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kamikaze View Post
Really awsome vid MR K to the max
oneday i might fly like that...hopefully
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:31 AM
United States, PA, Wrightsville
Joined Nov 2002
267 Posts
just ordered Red the other day.
I'll have to wait a bit for it as it is not in stock but i have the balance of this thread to read to prepare for the build.

Craig
Crgabel is offline Find More Posts by Crgabel
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
basically there is no so much to read and get ready to if you have build any wooden arfs and havve a slight amount of brain, and read manual carefully..

just when you will be glassing the motor mount, be CAREFUL to make corners flush (meaning dont leave bumps of epoxy anywhere or you will have to remove it later, because motor will not fit flush with firewall...
dont mix up wich control horn goes where or you will have to mess with driling them out and cutting them shorter and mess with your radio setup to get even throws...
ditch tailwheel assembly and get for example EF tailwheel assemblys(not a MUST but included tailwheel is kida pathetic)
replace stock screw-wheel axles again with 3dhs or something of that kind... (again they will work, but wheels are going to be wobbly very fast)
and i would suggest adding a lot of white stripes on the bottom of the plane because wisibility otherwise is just terrible...
i kinda liked t40 prop but when flying from grass, sometimes i had a clearance problems... so i suggest 14x7...
apart from that, it flys like a big foamy, just a much more precise and lands like a dream... if you cant do a 3 point landing with ultimate, you should be getting back to foamies!
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts