HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:34 PM
They Call him Dead!
YellowJacketsRC's Avatar
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,066 Posts
Purty.... Your Gonna LOVE IT!
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:06 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Almost forgot!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:12 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
All finished with the build. Just have to balance her out and mark the spot.
I cut away a fair amount of balsa that was restricting elevator movement. I'm getting a TON now! :-)
Very nice and VERY quick! Regarding the CG.. The manual makes a big play on precise CG loaction, it's the only manual I've seen that talks of 0.5mm CG adjustments. However most including myself find that the CG advised in the manual as the 'Sweet Spot' (59.5mm) is too tail heavy. Balanced there the AMR climbs when inverted and pulls really hard to the gear in KE. A more neutral CG and much better place for setting the CG for the maiden is about 56-57mm.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 03:00 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Very nice and VERY quick! Regarding the CG.. The manual makes a big play on precise CG loaction, it's the only manual I've seen that talks of 0.5mm CG adjustments. However most including myself find that the CG advised in the manual as the 'Sweet Spot' (59.5mm) is too tail heavy. Balanced there the AMR climbs when inverted and pulls really hard to the gear in KE. A more neutral CG and much better place for setting the CG for the maiden is about 56-57mm.
well, i balanced on my fingers around 58mm, the noise was pointing slightly down and its diving veery slightly inverted... rather than tweak batteries 5mm front, i'd rather leave them just by back former of the battery tray..
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:22 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
well, i balanced on my fingers around 58mm, the noise was pointing slightly down and its diving veery slightly inverted... rather than tweak batteries 5mm front, i'd rather leave them just by back former of the battery tray..
If the nose was down then you were not balanced at 58mm.. Because the wing is high above the fus if there is any hint of 'out of level' when you balance then the actual CG will be miles away from where you actually support the plane. If you supported it at 58mm and the nose was down by about 3 deg then your real CG will be around 53mm!

Really though it doesnt matter, as long as the CG is close enough for the maiden just adjust the CG to what flies right. Where that CG physically is located is largely academic as long as it works.
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:57 AM
Proudly South African
saffa365's Avatar
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
To much to handle

Hi guys

was hoping some of you Ultimate experts could shed some light on my question.
Ive been flying the Hobbyking pitts / art tech pitts or whatever its really called , sttip.

I would like to purchase the AMR ultimate and wondered if it would be a handfull compared to what i am flying at the moment?

i am very comfortable flying my pitts , but love the PA planes and the ultimate looks awesome

cheers guys
saffa365 is offline Find More Posts by saffa365
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:03 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365 View Post
Hi guys

was hoping some of you Ultimate experts could shed some light on my question.
Ive been flying the Hobbyking pitts / art tech pitts or whatever its really called , sttip.

I would like to purchase the AMR ultimate and wondered if it would be a handfull compared to what i am flying at the moment?

i am very comfortable flying my pitts , but love the PA planes and the ultimate looks awesome

cheers guys
On low rates the AMR can be as gentle as ever. It lands very slow and light also, so I don't think you will have any problems with it.
How the plane behaves on high rates though is largely up to pilot input.
I love the AMR, not only is it a fantastic flying model, its also the best looking bipe out there IMHO.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 10:24 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Very nice and VERY quick! Regarding the CG.. The manual makes a big play on precise CG loaction, it's the only manual I've seen that talks of 0.5mm CG adjustments. However most including myself find that the CG advised in the manual as the 'Sweet Spot' (59.5mm) is too tail heavy. Balanced there the AMR climbs when inverted and pulls really hard to the gear in KE. A more neutral CG and much better place for setting the CG for the maiden is about 56-57mm.
Thanks very much for this info Steve!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:08 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffa365 View Post
I would like to purchase the AMR ultimate and wondered if it would be a handfull compared to what i am flying at the moment?
On low rates it's a total pussycat, anyone who has mastered an aileron trainer would have no problem at all. It really is one of the easiest flying planes I've ever owned, it has no nasty habits and can be slowed to a walking pace on landing.

You will be fine with it.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:40 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
On low rates it's a total pussycat, anyone who has mastered an aileron trainer would have no problem at all. It really is one of the easiest flying planes I've ever owned, it has no nasty habits and can be slowed to a walking pace on landing.

You will be fine with it.

Steve
déja vu anyone?
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
On low rates it's a total pussycat, anyone who has mastered an aileron trainer would have no problem at all. It really is one of the easiest flying planes I've ever owned, it has no nasty habits and can be slowed to a walking pace on landing.

You will be fine with it.

Steve
for me the only problem was torquing... (or gyroscopic forces or whatever is called...) but on the other hand, i had only 3 flights with it, so maybe it was my fingers...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 01:55 PM
Proudly South African
saffa365's Avatar
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
thanks for the replies guys , im gonna go for it , green or blue is the only desicion to make now

once again cheers for the input
saffa365 is offline Find More Posts by saffa365
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 04:50 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
So what prop are all you AMR owners using, APC or Xoar/Vox?
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:06 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
me so far vox 13x6.5.. i have vox t40 wich i might try during my next outings, but at least on 13x6.5 i can fly WOT for all the battery without vorries...
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 06, 2012, 05:23 PM
Precision Aerobatics Team
demonGti's Avatar
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
So what prop are all you AMR owners using, APC or Xoar/Vox?
Vox 14x7 for me
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GP Ultimate Biplane conversion SoarNeck Sport Planes 14 Dec 28, 2008 10:11 PM
Simple Series Ultimate Biplane exowatt Sport Planes 4 Jul 09, 2002 10:35 AM
Ultimate Biplane Templates for Foam Construction Here hoppy Sport Planes 8 Mar 17, 2002 09:34 PM
ULTIMATE BIPLANE - Another Meat Tray (Depron) Project. hoppy Foamies (Kits) 65 Jan 10, 2002 01:51 PM
Ultimate Biplane Colourschemes Armin Mangelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 9 Dec 08, 2001 09:03 PM