Old Oct 19, 2011, 07:31 AM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
[/ATTACH]

I picked up this idea about three years ago,don't remember where but it's works great! Notice that it is extremely light! Very easy to install. NO load on the rudder at all. It is connected with a rubber band. Very durable and light. any med size rubber band will do just keep doubling it up until the tension feels right.
Nice mod
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2011, 10:40 PM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Nice job Bonner. Where did you get the black plastic piece?
Got it at the LHS. made by dubro.cost about$2.50
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:17 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Very nice! That appears to be plenty rigid enough, even for a 60" plane???

I notice that in picture 1, the system seems to be bowing out? Is that due to the weight or is there something else at play? I would assume that one would want to attach that to the base board and to the wall at the top of the rack as well??
Sorry it took so long to get back to you; The bowing is just a illusion. In picture #3 you will see that the bottom pipes extend to the wall.The racks are not attached to the wall, they just rest against the wall and act like kickers. Close to the top of each rack ,maybe a foot down or so you will see where I used a two inch pipe clamp to hold the top in place. The weight of the rack and planes make it unnecessary to attach them to the base board. I do have the racks tied( piped) together at the bottom .This makes the racks very sturdy using 1 -1/2" pipe. The three e-flight mentors( 55")are quite heavy and I have no strain on the racks. I think they could take twice the weight I have on them with no problem.The beauty of this is that one can arrange any configuration to fit their needs. Don't forget to use a little PVC glue on the joints. No primer needed.Some people that have made these racks added foam pipe insulation to cushion the wings. Cheers Bill
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:43 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,061 Posts
Thanks! Now I see the pipe clamp at the top. In order to put that against a wall in my house I could extend two pipes (one on either side) towards the wall (opposite of the pipes that extend away from wall to hold the planes. Then I could connect those two pipes using two 90 degree fittings and then another piece of pipe so that I have a horizontal piece of pipe that is parallel to the floor running right up against the wall. Then I just attach to the wall with clamps

Thanks again
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 27, 2011, 12:05 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Ultimate AMR on the way. *subscribed*

I can hardly wait
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,609 Posts
Congrats!!!! you will love it
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2011, 02:57 PM
Lysdexic I'm
Spring, TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan View Post
Congrats!!!! you will love it
Thanks Dan. I have watched your videos and "how-to's" for quite some time now and I learned alot from you. I just took what you taught on video and went out and started jammin' on 3D. I have the addy already and can't wait to get my hands on this awesome bipe.

Thanks Again,
HBGB
HeeBeeGeeBee is offline Find More Posts by HeeBeeGeeBee
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:15 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,123 Posts
Yeah, you will love the AMR. Assembly is straightforward but look out for the bit of glass cloth folded inside an instruction sheet telling you how to reinforce the motor box. Very much worth doing this before you install the motor box on the fuselage.

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:42 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,061 Posts
I recommend you look back at some of the mods people do to the fuse so as to make it easier o get Lipos in and out. WELL WORTH the effort and a Lot easier before you put the wings on....
YellowJacketsRC is online now Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:51 PM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
3,128 Posts
Quote:
I recommend you look back at some of the mods people do to the fuse so as to make it easier o get Lipos in and out. WELL WORTH the effort and a Lot easier before you put the wings on....
There are a couple of pics in my blog if it's of any help...

s
subsonic is offline Find More Posts by subsonic
Old Oct 27, 2011, 09:49 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2009
123 Posts
Just got mine in the air again after 3 weeks due to flying with a 4 cell and not doing the glass mod. Still flying with the 4 cell and it's amazing. After 4 flights I have to strengthen it again so this might be an ongoing problem. Guess I'm the main problem!!!!
cepheus is offline Find More Posts by cepheus
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:29 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Which part of the motor box is getting weak? perhaps wrapping some carbon rovings may help?
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:18 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2009
123 Posts
I've glassed all around the front and that's held this time. The latest breakage was the whole mount breaking the plywood former that it's attached to. That's now been given the West epoxy treatment and I can swing the plane around and up and down holding the mount so we'll see what breaks next????
cepheus is offline Find More Posts by cepheus
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:58 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
[QUOTE=dead;19633689]Nice job Bonner. Where did you get the black plastic
Item is available.
Dubro
Tailwheel Bracket (.40 Size Airplanes) (QTY/PKG: 1 )
USD$ 2.63
Item is available.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:15 AM
Precision Aerobatics Team
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepheus View Post
I've glassed all around the front and that's held this time. The latest breakage was the whole mount breaking the plywood former that it's attached to. That's now been given the West epoxy treatment and I can swing the plane around and up and down holding the mount so we'll see what breaks next????
Exactly, some guys fit potent engines to small cars only to break sideshafts, beef them up and the diff breaks, beef that up and engine mounts break, beef them up..... you get the idea. Its an on going problem over powering any vehicle (or model in this case) that was never intended to cope with excessive power. A fun project if you're that way inclined, but can become very tiresome... not my idea of fun.
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti