HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:45 AM
Tree Trimmer
alex va.
Joined Oct 2008
574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Yes you could experiment with some 1" pipe and see. Be sure to get Schedule 40 pipe and NOT PR200 or what they call "Thin Wall"
These are some I built in my garage. Took about 4 hours using 1-1/2" Pvc pipe & fitting from Lowes.
bonner is offline Find More Posts by bonner
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2011, 10:36 AM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,333 Posts
after all the waiting, bad weather, and bad luck i finally put two full flights on the plane today, just basic sport flying, couple barrel rolls and a few hammer heads. This plane is awesome...granted i dont have much to compare it to but it flies so easy, much much easier than the pz extra 300 i had (i know you guys told me so), i couldnt land that plane right to save my life, with the taller wheels the AMR greased the landing both times even in the tall grass at my field
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 16, 2011, 02:08 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
These are some I built in my garage. Took about 4 hours using 1-1/2" Pvc pipe & fitting from Lowes.
Very nice! That appears to be plenty rigid enough, even for a 60" plane???

I notice that in picture 1, the system seems to be bowing out? Is that due to the weight or is there something else at play? I would assume that one would want to attach that to the base board and to the wall at the top of the rack as well??
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:10 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I already emailed them last night form a call tag. That elevator would ne bugging me everytime I flew the plane.
Thanks, Eric
Anyone ever had any quality issues with pa and had to send something back??? Out of all the planes and parts this is the first for me. Emailed thursday evening and then sent an addition email early friday and nothing back. Just wondering how the service is getting a replacement. Well I know that they have the fastest shipping so maybe they are just busy or that they were closed on Friday.
Thanks,Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Old Oct 16, 2011, 06:24 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,333 Posts
Quote:
Anyone ever had any quality issues with pa and had to send something back??? Out of all the planes and parts this is the first for me. Emailed thursday evening and then sent an addition email early friday and nothing back. Just wondering how the service is getting a replacement. Well I know that they have the fastest shipping so maybe they are just busy or that they were closed on Friday.
Thanks,Eric
this weekend is the big fly in at hodges hobby and octoberfest in austin, tx chances are they may be out of the office for one or the other
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:21 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,400 Posts
Quote:
Thanks,Eric
I have found frustration with email as well; just call them during business hours.
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Bush Pilots- AK
Old Oct 16, 2011, 07:25 PM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
921 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
I have found frustration with email as well; just call them during business hours.
+1 on that. Phone call during 9:00 to 5:00 EST business hours is the way to go.
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Old Oct 16, 2011, 08:05 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1954 View Post
+1 on that. Phone call during 9:00 to 5:00 EST business hours is the way to go.
Sounds great!!! Thanks
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:42 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Out of stock for 6 weeks!!!!!!!! Have to figure out a way to make this one work. Maybe try the the iron first?????
Thanks, Eric
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:15 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,866 Posts
Quote:
Out of stock for 6 weeks!!!!!!!! Have to figure out a way to make this one work. Maybe try the the iron first?????
Thanks, Eric
Looking at your pic, I am assuming that the problem is where the elevator rubs against the horiz stabilizer???

If so I don't see how an iron will work. You may be able to simply compress the balsa enough to give clearance, or you may need to remove some of the covering to allow you to trim the balsa down and then iron the covering back down...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:22 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Looking at your pic, I am assuming that the problem is where the elevator rubs against the horiz stabilizer???

If so I don't see how an iron will work. You may be able to simply compress the balsa enough to give clearance, or you may need to remove some of the covering to allow you to trim the balsa down and then iron the covering back down...
Thanks, I was able to compress the balsa by using the iron and pressing down very hard. Made just enough clearance that it does not rub anymore.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:23 PM
It's All About Having Fun!
Joined Jul 2008
336 Posts
Quote:

A bit of a PITA to be honest...however, it can be fixed as suggested by dead...for mine, I trimmed the balsa on the stab side an it's all good now...at least this will get you flying her much quicker.
The Hitman is offline Find More Posts by The Hitman
Old Oct 17, 2011, 08:29 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,866 Posts
If all you did was to compress, be sure to keep checking her before every flying session for the first week or two. Sometimes the balsa can "sponge" back out after some time, especially if it rains....

Have Fun!
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:08 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
If all you did was to compress, be sure to keep checking her before every flying session for the first week or two. Sometimes the balsa can "sponge" back out after some time, especially if it rains....

Have Fun!
I had thought of that and hope that it holds up. We will have to see as the rain is coming in strong tonight. Will re-build it again using the same tail set-up as before. Holds up pretty good.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 09:15 PM
They Call him Dead!
Joined Jul 2003
6,866 Posts
Quote:
I had thought of that and hope that it holds up. We will have to see as the rain is coming in strong tonight. Will re-build it again using the same tail set-up as before. Holds up pretty good.

Nice! Is that from another plane?