HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2011, 10:40 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,058 Posts
Shaun,
Your problem and frustration is understandable. 1 solution may be to figure out a way to restrict on-line downloading to customers only. That may be expensive?
On the other hand, I would assume that Chinese copy cats would have to buy at least one of your models in order to copy them and they are going to have access to the manual anyway....
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 11:25 AM
A posse ad esse
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Feb 2011
921 Posts
Shaun

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Let me say first that I appreciate your presence here and your willingness to participate in discussion of PA products. The fact that PA has made a huge investment in the engineering and quality control of these marvelous aircraft is a fact that cannot be denied or ignored by any serious modeler. I would not want to see any action taken that might compromise the future success of your company and the new models that are sure to come with time, so I personally will respect any decision you make toward the digital reproduction of the manual. As a compromise senario, perhaps if the control surface data and other precise facts concerning the setup of each aircraft could be written to a spreadsheet and made accessible only to PA customers, that would be sufficient critical information to suffice for most owners of PA aircraft. At least, those are the facts I most often need access to when reconfiguring my models from time to time.

Again, thank you for your reply and my best wishes for the continued success of your company.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob View Post
Oh OK I see.

...It is very annoying as we spend a lot of time and effort writing and preparing our manuals to include tips on best setup, trimming and so on for each of our planes. This is the reason our manuals are quite lengthy. After all our planes are as ready to fly as possible, with ailerons pre-installed and sometimes even elevator.

But anyway, I see more and more people are asking for it and I have to admit we did get a lot of emails asking digital manuals so it seems to bother more customers than I thought.

We will definitely reconsider it.

Thanks
Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
daddyrabbit1954 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1954
Old Sep 02, 2011, 12:14 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1954 View Post
Shaun

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Let me say first that I appreciate your presence here and your willingness to participate in discussion of PA products. The fact that PA has made a huge investment in the engineering and quality control of these marvelous aircraft is a fact that cannot be denied or ignored by any serious modeler. I would not want to see any action taken that might compromise the future success of your company and the new models that are sure to come with time, so I personally will respect any decision you make toward the digital reproduction of the manual. As a compromise senario, perhaps if the control surface data and other precise facts concerning the setup of each aircraft could be written to a spreadsheet and made accessible only to PA customers, that would be sufficient critical information to suffice for most owners of PA aircraft. At least, those are the facts I most often need access to when reconfiguring my models from time to time.

Again, thank you for your reply and my best wishes for the continued success of your company.

Craig

Oh wow thanks for the kind words Craig,

I really appreciate it buddy

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:12 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Thanks for giving us some feedback on the "manual" issue. I respect your decision either way and it is nice to finally know the company's position. We do appreciate your consideration on the topic and I can understand your reservation in posting one up.

An alternative solution may be to offer an included CD with a "read only" file that can only be opened with the disk. For me, that would still allow me to zoom in and see pictures with greater detail and it would allow me to search the pages for certain sections. On the other hand, it is a double edged sword as then you have a digital file in the public...
bsbauman is offline Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Boom Smoke!
Old Sep 03, 2011, 06:02 PM
The SteamRoller
USA, CA, Fort Bragg
Joined Oct 2009
370 Posts
+1 on the Thanks for writing about the manual...
thesteam is offline Find More Posts by thesteam
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:06 AM
Joined Nov 2008
222 Posts
re: Jetplane flyer'ss tests

can i please have that 10 minutes of my life back ?

Love all the PA Motor/ ESC / Battery gear - Have had so many trouble free years of awesome performance on Thrust 20s, 30s and 40s

you just wont know how good the gear us it is until you try it.
Reflex Films is offline Find More Posts by Reflex Films
Old Sep 05, 2011, 02:31 PM
United States, WV, Salem
Joined Mar 2006
147 Posts
Has anyone flown this plane with a E Flite 480 1020 KV motor ?
I am not sure if this motor has enough power for this plane.

I use this motor with 2200 3 cell packs and it is a good combo.

Thanks Scott
baddley is offline Find More Posts by baddley
Old Sep 05, 2011, 06:02 PM
I'm torquing to you!
Wattle Grove NSW Australia
Joined Nov 2006
7,446 Posts
No the 480 is too small with not enough power for the Ultimate. It's specs are close to half of that of the recommended Thrust 40.

http://www.thrustmotors.com/thrust40.html
Mr Kamikaze is offline Find More Posts by Mr Kamikaze
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hucking my Katana MX
Old Sep 08, 2011, 11:01 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Oh man! I just came across this plane today and I think I'm in love! This may very well be my next. I love bipes and I've been eying PA planes for a while (Bsbauman turned me onto them) so this fits the bill! Plus I already have a ton of 3s 2200's.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:00 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
Ha! You'll love it!

Here are 2 of my favorite photos of the AMR: PA Bowling brought to you by the Malaysian Mafia (these guys fly with brass balls)

Check out some of their vids too; some of, if not the best RC footage on the net:
http://3d-aerobatics.com/3D/Videos/Archive.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:44 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Actually in the second pic, you can see its the camera man who has the brass dangly bits!!!
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Sep 09, 2011, 12:03 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
you are too modest!

I cant wait for all of yall to get your bandits; it is going to make for some exciting vids
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:07 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Not being modest, just admitting my own lack of skills. Most of the flying you see in the videos are not of me, as I don't always fly regularly, so my skill level isn't up to what the other guys are capable off. They are the ones who deserve the credit for the awesome stuff in the vids. The only one I can take credit for is the "vertical landing" (elevator) on the AMR, but honestly, with the right amount of wind its literally too easy on the AMR LOL.

A lot of the footage is also recorded by BT's wife, she has good skills on the camera, and knows most of our flying styles that she can literally predict where we will be next, and gets great footage. She is also very daring in that she will be very close to the planes at times (a lot closer than I would dare to be LOL)
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,741 Posts
From the footage, it looks like you all have way tooo much fun! I wanna come play
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:38 AM
It's All About Having Fun!
Joined Jul 2008
337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbauman View Post
From the footage, it looks like you all have way tooo much fun! I wanna come play
When? Come one come all, it's all about having fun folks
The Hitman is offline Find More Posts by The Hitman