HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:06 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,468 Posts
[QUOTE=sukhoi26mx]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan

Actually, that's pretty common for all of the magazines. The magazine hits mailboxes around 60 days prior, and the shelves around 45 days prior. All of the advertisers know well ahead of time when each issue will hit and when the deadlines are for submission (i.e. "December" will arrive on October 1-15th, and so on)

I'm sure PA will have it up and running shortly.

Scott

Guys
Sorry for taking long to get back to you. We were not aware of the fact that subscribers get the magazine two weeks before if hits the shelves.. so we thought we had another two weeks before the release.. oops.
Anyway we will have the site up and running tonight or tomorrow the latest.
Please bear with us.

Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is online now Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:10 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Your eager customers are waiting...credit cards in hand !!
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:17 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,797 Posts
[QUOTE=Precision Aerob]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi26mx

Guys
Sorry for taking long to get back to you. We were not aware of the fact that subscribers get the magazine two weeks before if hits the shelves.. so we thought we had another two weeks before the release.. oops.
Anyway we will have the site up and running tonight or tomorrow the latest.
Please bear with us.

Adad
Hey...nothing like a pre pre release stirring ....just like good politics
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:36 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,468 Posts
Hi guys,

Just a few words before the formal release.

I just got back from a month in our factory working really hard around the clock on this project. It is one of the MOST complicated projects we have ever had (designing and producing). This one is our new jewel. We spent a lot of time on the details with multi steps production. We setup all wing incidence (extremely slow process) and test fit each model in the factory including gluing all the CNC machined CF tabs for the wings installation. We don’t save $$ on this production. Basically nothing left for you to do but installing the radio gear and glue the stab in place (pretty much). The idea here is to get this plane to the flyers hand so they can enjoy the accuracy of the design and get the same flight performance as we had on our prototypes. That is an extremely complex target to achieve on a biplane!

Forget about all the “Ultimates” you have seen so far or the smaller bipes because this babe is of a different class. Once you will fly it you will know it. I know what some of you think when you ask for a larger model but let me tell you this, first of all this plane seriously feels as flying on 4S pack. That was the goal on the design and we reached it with the design and our new (designed especially for this project) Thrust 40. This combination will blow your minds with the performance and the efficiency (= good flight duration). Don’t be confused, this plane is big. It has over 580 sq. inch of wing area. It feels big and looks big in the air.

About the design: this plane doesn’t look like any Ultimate you have seen. We did a lot of research for very long time. I checked all the versions of the Ultimate (and similar to the Extra 260 there is not a great deal of information on the full size plane) and made my own version. I took some small details from the different versions to keep the “scale” look but in fact it is a complete new version PA style (aerodynamic and construction design). This plane is the prettiest plane I have flown so far and attracted people all the time even when trying to test fly secretly. In fact the reaction of those people was always how large the plane is….I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a biplane.

The Ultimate AMR with its size just fit in the car as one piece without the need of taking off the wings! This is a huge advantage and I wouldn’t want it differently (you have no idea how many hours of test flights we had). Anyway don’t get fooled by its size because it can be easily become your primary plane. Super accurate, very sharp and crisp, will do a lot of things but the best part that it can perform lots of new stuff that can not be done with other planes! That was the challenging part for me (designing wise).

Anyway you’ll be amazed from the features of this plane…
We’ll do our best to get the website running with some more data

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics team
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:42 PM
Joined Aug 2006
856 Posts
Glad to hear all went well Shaun and I for one look forward to trying one in the near future!

Keith
hemituda is offline Find More Posts by hemituda
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:45 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,797 Posts
You got my attention for sure!
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:08 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
Hi guys,

Just a few words before the formal release.

I just got back from a month in our factory working really hard around the clock on this project. It is one of the MOST complicated projects we have ever had (designing and producing). This one is our new jewel. We spent a lot of time on the details with multi steps production. We setup all wing incidence (extremely slow process) and test fit each model in the factory including gluing all the CNC machined CF tabs for the wings installation. We don’t save $$ on this production. Basically nothing left for you to do but installing the radio gear and glue the stab in place (pretty much). The idea here is to get this plane to the flyers hand so they can enjoy the accuracy of the design and get the same flight performance as we had on our prototypes. That is an extremely complex target to achieve on a biplane!

Forget about all the “Ultimates” you have seen so far or the smaller bipes because this babe is of a different class. Once you will fly it you will know it. I know what some of you think when you ask for a larger model but let me tell you this, first of all this plane seriously feels as flying on 4S pack. That was the goal on the design and we reached it with the design and our new (designed especially for this project) Thrust 40. This combination will blow your minds with the performance and the efficiency (= good flight duration). Don’t be confused, this plane is big. It has over 580 sq. inch of wing area. It feels big and looks big in the air.

About the design: this plane doesn’t look like any Ultimate you have seen. We did a lot of research for very long time. I checked all the versions of the Ultimate (and similar to the Extra 260 there is not a great deal of information on the full size plane) and made my own version. I took some small details from the different versions to keep the “scale” look but in fact it is a complete new version PA style (aerodynamic and construction design). This plane is the prettiest plane I have flown so far and attracted people all the time even when trying to test fly secretly. In fact the reaction of those people was always how large the plane is….I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a biplane.

The Ultimate AMR with its size just fit in the car as one piece without the need of taking off the wings! This is a huge advantage and I wouldn’t want it differently (you have no idea how many hours of test flights we had). Anyway don’t get fooled by its size because it can be easily become your primary plane. Super accurate, very sharp and crisp, will do a lot of things but the best part that it can perform lots of new stuff that can not be done with other planes! That was the challenging part for me (designing wise).

Anyway you’ll be amazed from the features of this plane…
We’ll do our best to get the website running with some more data

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics team

Can you gives a little info as far as motor, what size ESC, servos etc? Also what lipos can this use? Thanks,
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:28 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Cant Wait Shaun - I know all the work you guys have put in so this one is going to blow people away !!
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Sep 01, 2008, 10:32 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BingWing
Cant Wait Shaun - I know all the work you guys have put in so this one is going to blow people away !!

Ah yes.... September is going to be a looooooong month for some of us.
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:02 PM
aka MadMan
San Diego, CA (USA)
Joined Aug 2006
633 Posts
US source?

Will us Yanks get it as usual through Atlanta Hobby? Or must we buy direct from the factory?
rjmanzuk is offline Find More Posts by rjmanzuk
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:14 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Lets get the line started!!!! Me first!!!Or in the top 10 at least. I am glad I joined AH's club membership!! The size and weight of this will be perfect for flying and transporting to the field. I was impressed when I built my PA Katana MD(which I still havent maidened yet even though it is ready to fly) Back problems still. Colorwise for the bipe, I would prefer the green first, then after that, it doesnt matter.
Shawn, are you going to be taking pre-orders and if so, can you give an idea of when so I can make sure I have the funds ready. And, any tentative pricing range for it?
Thanks, Dave
9LIVES1968 is offline Find More Posts by 9LIVES1968
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:16 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Great! Thanks for the Info, Shaun and Adad!

I can't wait to have mine - I will make sure, that our local dealer here in Malaysia will have heaps in stock, when the Bipe is available.

Ok, and now back to work - we are waiting for a 5x'' Katana
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:49 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,951 Posts
I'm sold. Congratulations on the release of another model. And a new motor too.

If Shaun is that excited about the bipe, then I'm really really excited.

9lives, I'm still amazed every night I fly the KMD. If you can get some pure air and keep it smooth and close, the KMD can feel really big. I'd love to fly a 5x" KMDude version next season.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Sep 02, 2008, 12:52 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
Will us Yanks get it as usual through Atlanta Hobby? Or must we buy direct from the factory?

That should answer your question

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917969

Adad
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 02, 2008, 01:04 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
[QUOTE=aerofundan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_877

Remember you are seeing a november magazine and its september
Ah I get it! We are seeing into the future!

Man thats awesome. This is a must have.

RR
Radio Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Radio Rookie