HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Chris, that green AMR sure looks great. Nice video, despite of the clouds and all. Man, RR and me were dreaming the other day, how nice it would be, to have the opportunity to hang out together one day and fly the living daylights out of our planes.

Hopefully you manage to get some more flights on the before Winter raises its ugly head... But SC shouldn't be that cold n' nasty?

Cheers, BT
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Last edited by Burger Thing; Oct 10, 2008 at 10:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2008, 09:58 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
I would love to hook up with you guys in any part of the world! Maybe even hook up at PA HQ down under!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,950 Posts
Nice video Herc. I like those rudder turns, how about inverted for the next one?

I signed up for a pre-order. Any insights on shipping dates for the AMR?

It's 41 degrees at my home tonight, the Southern Hemisphere is sounding pretty warm about now. Sign me up for a big fly in in Sydney.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
RC Mafia: The Hit is on
Joined Oct 2006
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlopGun
It's 41 degrees at my home tonight, the Southern Hemisphere is sounding pretty warm about now. Sign me up for a big fly in in Sydney.

FG, that' why I left Europe and migrated to SE-Asia. A lot of people do the same - most of them because of their taste for exotic ladies, but I swear, I did it because of RC Nice and war all year - ok, the obligatory Thunderstorm at 4pm but that's normally it...

But a fly in in Sydney with you all ... oh, man, that would be fun.
Burger Thing is offline Find More Posts by Burger Thing
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:13 AM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Flop, where did you sign up for the pre order?
9LIVES1968 is offline Find More Posts by 9LIVES1968
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:21 AM
Gonna need a bigger plane . .
Kitsap County, WA, USA
Joined Jul 2007
2,950 Posts
9Lives, I went to precisionaerobatics.com, clicked on the USA site, clicked electric aircraft link, then added 1 to my cart, when you do that you then get a "request back order" link.
FlopGun is offline Find More Posts by FlopGun
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:37 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Hey guys, I maidened the AMR on Thursday night!

Now, I was very enthusiastic about the Extra 260 when it came out, and rightly so because it is a really great plane, but now I really need to convey to you all how REALLY GREAT the new Ultimate is!

The Ulti picks up where the Extra left off in terms of the Insane-o-batics factor! This thing will tumble, spin, snap and generally change directions better than any plane I have flown! In some ways it is like a little tennis ball in that it doesn't really care which end is pointing forward. There is some real low down dirty sickness in this plane just waiting to be let out!

The thing that is so distinguishing about it is that it does all of that crazy stuff so well yet it is still very pointy and crisp. It does smooth and sharp aerobatics as well as it does jaw dropping nuts-o-batics!

This is by far the most fun plane that I have had! I can't imagine how PA could make a more fun airplane but the great thing is that they will try! In the couple of flights that I have had with it so far I feel like I have only touched the very tip of its flight envelope! You WILL want one of these!

Flight Report:

Firstly, I set it up exactly as per the manual including radio settings, and it was very close to perfect on the first flight. The only thing I changed was a little more differential than recommended (its a weird biplane thing).

Aileron authority and roll rate on this airplane is the best of all of the PA birds!

Rudder authority and punchability is off the charts. Knife edge walls, sick hammerheads, snappy/spinny things are all awesome with this plane. The outer wing struts act like SFGs and the rudder is huge!

Speed envelope is great! It does both fast and slow flight very well and believe me with the T40 there is plenty of opportunity for fast!

Harriers are literally like a harrier jet. With no wind it will stop in one spot! Massive wing area and massive prop will blow your mind!

Looks: Nothing looks better in the air than a Green Ultimate AMR!

Precision Aerobatics keeps on impressing me. You did a fantastic job on this bipe Shaun and Adad!

----
PICS: Included side by side with Extra 260. I hear a lot of people talking about how big the Ultimate is. And it does look big and feel big and fly big but it really is about the same size as the Extra. It's just that it has a lot more wing and a lot more motor. Remember, it is "the Bipe with Bite" so don't go calling it cute!
----
VID: WhiteRocket (Tim) was kind enough to run the camera for me Thursday night and we managed to get the first flights on film. Unfortunately it was very overcast and dark so the vid quality isn't what I would like but hey, I guess that means I get to make another one when the sun comes out

Link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...mentid=2111569
----

Fantastic flying Chris! it is the style and move in between the maneuvers that I really liked in your vid

yes the weather looks bad! And I must admit the shooting could be have been better rolleyes:

As expected this plane fits you like a glove and you can sure bring him to live

Good on you

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 11, 2008, 12:39 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,936 Posts
Shaun, any idea for when the aussie price will be up?
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Oct 11, 2008, 02:38 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,211 Posts
Hercdriver777,

Wow, that is some impressive & cool moves in your video. Loved it and great first report too. Really inspiring!

Two thumbs up Dude. Looking forward to your next video.

RR
Radio Rookie is offline Find More Posts by Radio Rookie
Old Oct 11, 2008, 10:39 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Really cool video! can't wait to see more video of it when you have more flights on it. The manual includes some pretty cool instructions for the differential mixing and stuff really cool
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Last edited by aerofundan; Oct 11, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 01:15 PM
Joined Oct 2005
184 Posts
I found chief aircraft has all three colors in stock. Steve
steve bjers is offline Find More Posts by steve bjers
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bjers
I found chief aircraft has all three colors in stock. Steve
But no thrust/torque powerplant available.... And how is it that they have them and Atlanta Hobbies (among others) doesn't? Say nothing about they're not even up on the PA site. What gives here?
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:22 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
my guess is that they are not really in stock at chief.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Flop, thanks for the info. But the fact that another place has the AMR in stock and PA is just taking pre-orders and not shipping isnt right. Especially for everyone that has placed a pre-order awhile back. I havent even heard of Chief Aircraft before this thread. I am going to wait now until PA explains what is going on. I hope that the guys who preordered get a discount on the price besides the shipping.
Old Oct 11, 2008, 07:28 PM
Titanium Has My Back!!
Birmingham,Al
Joined Dec 2001
1,815 Posts
Herc, I hope you are right.