HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2008, 06:31 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,491 Posts
hey guys i thought a few pics would speak more than words, video coming soon, only thing i can say about this plane, AWESOME!!!! had a long time without having so much fun flying!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Good deal Dan! looking forward to the finished vid. That will be coming later tonight right

I had a little time with mine tonight too. I got the cabane struts put together and a list built for the LHS for tomorrow morning.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:19 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
Buzz Bomb's Avatar
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Good deal Dan! looking forward to the finished vid. That will be coming later tonight right

I had a little time with mine tonight too. I got the cabane struts put together and a list built for the LHS for tomorrow morning.
What are you buying from the LHS for the plane?
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
I own the beautiful but oh so fragile and under-performing E-Flite Pitts Model 12 15, and have commented on it in this forum. Anyone else own or operate any of these competitive candidates, since all seem a little less expensive than the basic AMR? Relative merits and demerits of these roughly equivalently sized bipes would be helpful in determining a buyer's potential return on investment.

We know that QQ has a planned Turbo Toucan model out there in the ether waiting to come to market that is also in this size range, but at the moment it classifies as vaporware in my mind at least.

Your thoughts?

Well, the eflite ultimate looks nice, I like the scheme and the scale looks but eflite is not known to build with durability in mind, I don't like the scheme if the seagul ultimate one bit and that alone would probably be enough to keep me away. The zero gravity looks nice, but not nearly as nice as the PA ultimate. The only feedback I have heard so far of the eflite pitts is your present post and it doesnt inspire me to go out and buy one to say the least... The great planes reactor bipe has to be the ugliest plane I have seen all year, with a significant margin...

Let's compare AUW's and power system requirements/costs too, my money says PA's plane is more expensive to buy the airframe but once decked out it balances that out especially once you buy 4 packs, am I right? I am too lazy to do the research right now (also because to me, there is no decision to be made; AMR it will be)

I just looked up the zero gravity pitts, because of all the bipes in this list, if I were not allowed to buy the PA I would probably go for the pitts; it's got less wing area than the PA AMR, AND... drumroll weighs about 48 ounces!!! You could put 2x 3s 2100mah prolite packs in parallel in your AMR and still have a lower wing loading.


PA AMR FTW!!! (and I mean that in every possible way; Mr A. M. R. for the win and PA for the win!! )
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:30 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
hey guys i thought a few pics would speak more than words, video coming soon, only thing i can say about this plane, AWESOME!!!! had a long time without having so much fun flying!

Wow!

Panama's wonder boy is wasting NO time before he strikes again!!!


Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the video Dan! Kill all your unnecessary apps so your processor renders the final cut faster
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:31 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bomb
What are you buying from the LHS for the plane?
Just some basics like glue, servo extensions, servos and a prop.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:38 PM
There're those who call me Tim
White Rocket's Avatar
Columbia, SC
Joined Jun 2008
223 Posts
Subscribing to the thread.
White Rocket is offline Find More Posts by White Rocket
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
Wow!

Panama's wonder boy is wasting NO time before he strikes again!!!


Sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the video Dan! Kill all your unnecessary apps so your processor renders the final cut faster
Yep get ready, some of the plane surfaces got really close to touchin the ground or touched the ground a few times
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2008, 10:21 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Guys, while we wait for more on this Australian marvel, here's another little gem my friend sent me at work today. If Australian humor is anything like this in general I need to watch a LOT more of it.

Front Fell Off (2 min 2 sec)
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:40 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Shaun, is there any chance that you might add a purple AMR scheme? I think that would look plain awesome. IMO blue wouldn't look the best on this bird, but each to their own...
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 02:04 AM
...all in my brain
Goshen, VA
Joined Mar 2008
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
Shaun, is there any chance that you might add a purple AMR scheme? I think that would look plain awesome. IMO blue wouldn't look the best on this bird, but each to their own...
Yeah... Purple Addiction... Purple KMD.... need a purple AMR so I don't have to buy any more covering!

I think the picture with the green plane in it has the cutest girl.




Adad....
dumorian is offline Find More Posts by dumorian
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 06:26 AM
zŁrich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
you havent seen the seagull-girl in a bikini yet, did u?
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmanzuk
I own the beautiful but oh so fragile and under-performing E-Flite Pitts Model 12 15, and have commented on it in this forum. Anyone else own or operate any of these competitive candidates, since all seem a little less expensive than the basic AMR? Relative merits and demerits of these roughly equivalently sized bipes would be helpful in determining a buyer's potential return on investment.

We know that QQ has a planned Turbo Toucan model out there in the ether waiting to come to market that is also in this size range, but at the moment it classifies as vaporware in my mind at least.

Your thoughts?
I can speak for the ZG Pitts. ZG provides grate customer service and support, it is a well built airframe, it includes quality hardware, and it flies awesome. I like it so much I just bought my 3rd one. My 1st one I dumb thumbed it in hard, I repaired it and then gave it to a friend. My 2nd one some dumb left his antenna down on his radio. I just ordered my 3rd one and hopefully I donít rekit it again. Anyhow, it will not be in the same class as the AMR due to wing loading. I donít think you can go wrong with ether one so sell that ďoh so fragile and under-performing E-Flite Pitts Model 12 15Ē and get both the PA AMR and the ZG Pitts. I put my money where my mouth is and bought a 3rd ZG Pitts and I just canít wait to get my AMR.

I need a purple AMR too.

Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2008, 01:19 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ultimatetwo's Avatar
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerofundan
Hey guys finished mine 100% complete now, here is a few pics of it before maiden, if all goes well and weather permits i will maiden mine today, if all goes well we'll see a video of it very soon.

Daniel
estŠ Daniel, un video porfa, really cool, please video.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Coonak's Avatar
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
Guys, while we wait for more on this Australian marvel, here's another little gem my friend sent me at work today. If Australian humor is anything like this in general I need to watch a LOT more of it.
LOL! Thanks for the flash back Flipz.
I remember that skit on telly from about 15 years ago!
Hilarious pi$$ take!

Mick
Coonak is offline Find More Posts by Coonak
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GP Ultimate Biplane conversion SoarNeck Sport Planes 14 Dec 28, 2008 09:11 PM
Simple Series Ultimate Biplane exowatt Sport Planes 4 Jul 09, 2002 09:35 AM
Ultimate Biplane Templates for Foam Construction Here hoppy Sport Planes 8 Mar 17, 2002 08:34 PM
ULTIMATE BIPLANE - Another Meat Tray (Depron) Project. hoppy Foamies (Kits) 65 Jan 10, 2002 12:51 PM
Ultimate Biplane Colourschemes Armin Mangelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 9 Dec 08, 2001 08:03 PM