Originally Posted by demonGti
The fantasy blue AMR, soon to be on KE swaps
... for G4?
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2008
85 Posts
Thanks For the tips. if the AMR flys as nice as my PA 260 that I have well over 200 flights on with no problems at all with I'm going to be a very happy boy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Here's a few tips...

- get a 1mm drill bit. They call on it a few times, and for the tail servos, the ply reinforcing isn't strong enough to take any abuse in terms of putting them screws in. If you're in the US, typical local Lowes or Home Depot wont have drills to this size outside of the little drills for a dremel (so just head to the dremel section if you need 'em).

- if you got the nice spinner along with the package, don't use the wood prop template, you'll end up with an oversize hole.

- many of the holes in the carbon horns are a touch under size. Do all drilling and wriggling of z-bends before you mount them. This will save some undue stress on the joints.

- remember to actively center your servos with your radio before sizing up the pushrods.

- I found that to positively set the cabane struts, mount them with the screws/bolts reasonably loose and with the loctite. Then mount both wings with the interplane struts, and when all lined up and spiffy, tighten the cabane strut nuts and bolts to their final resting place. This will make sure there's no undue strain on anything when at rest.

- I also found that for mounting the top wing, mount the front/back in pairs (both front bolts, or both rear bolts and then the other). If you do one side then the other you may get a little more frustrated getting the tabs on the right side of the struts as per the manual (possible, but more frustrating).

...adding these to what's in the manual, you should have a pretty good time of making your airframe
Kevinr25 is offline Find More Posts by Kevinr25
Old Apr 14, 2009, 08:40 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinr25
Yes I know what you mean I did the same thing. I did look on the site today and saw that mine has shipped. If you ordered the Package deal the where out of 40 size motors.
Does anyone have any building tips or problems I need to watch out for.

Kevin
I didn't realize you could check that. I just saw that it shipped. I just wished they would have responded to my inquiry. I truly enjoy their planes so worth the wait.

Thanks Kevin
Wulf_Flieger is offline Find More Posts by Wulf_Flieger
Old Apr 14, 2009, 10:27 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
So if you go easy on the WOT on the 14x7E APC I should be ok? What part of the motor box is failing? The box itself or the mount to the firewall?

Try the VOX 14x7. Satisfaction guaranteed!

It is a perfect match with the Thrust 40 and a perfect match with the Ultimate AMR so there is no reason to go for the APC in this case.

Other than motor\ prop match I am looking for motor\prop\airframe match. That is by far the most important factor. I did test the APC of course and the VOX 14x7 was much better. I also didn’t feel I sacrificed the thrust with the wood prop.

P.S I am at the factory at the moment (and for the next few weeks) preparing you the new surprise…

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:00 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob

It is a perfect match with the Thrust 40 and a perfect match with the Ultimate AMR so there is no reason to go for the APC in this case.

Other than motor\ prop match I am looking for motor\prop\airframe match. That is by far the most important factor. I did test the APC of course and the VOX 14x7 was much better. I also didn’t feel I sacrificed the thrust with the wood prop.

P.S I am at the factory at the moment (and for the next few weeks) preparing you the new surprise…

Shaun
Oh.. you mean the new 540?
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:04 PM
Bay City, Michigan
Joined Sep 2006
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefierro
interesting, could you send me a G4 recording, I can't seem to do it.
Here you go......I can snap it off every time...
msprygada is offline Find More Posts by msprygada
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:16 AM
желе&#
Monterrey
Joined Jan 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by msprygada
Here you go......I can snap it off every time...

You have a funny prop, maybe damaged download. other than that I'll say is the green
jefierro is offline Find More Posts by jefierro
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:27 AM
USA, SD, Rapid City
Joined Jan 2008
684 Posts
I know for me if I go with the thurst 40 the VOX prop would be nice but in the life of learing 3d props dont last too long and the LHS only stock APC. It would be nice to to know in a must have situation that an APC would work and I would not have to change my flying style.
Zimm98 is offline Find More Posts by Zimm98
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:41 AM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
There have only been 3 mount failures total, no reason for alarm. I say if you want the extra peace of mind and have total confidence even running APC's, just do the lamination with fiberglass and forget about it.
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Apr 15, 2009, 03:13 AM
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,033 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri_877
... for G4?
For G4.5 , I'll post my red, green and yellow too, even thought of doing a few more custom planes for the guys here from pics of their AMR's....
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Apr 15, 2009, 06:51 AM
New Zealand
Joined Sep 2006
411 Posts
Quote:

Shaun

New Plane ..................... wooooooooooohooooooooo
Datman is offline Find More Posts by Datman
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
There have only been 3 mount failures total, no reason for alarm. I say if you want the extra peace of mind and have total confidence even running APC's, just do the lamination with fiberglass and forget about it.

No I still suggest not to. So if you really want to use an APC at the beginning then run the T40 with the APC 13x6.5E and later when you feel comfortable with the plane run it with the VOX 14x7.

The trick not to damage the wood prop is:
First not to taxi the plane on the higher grass. Just go and pick it up after landing (not a big deal)

Second, on touchdown back off the throttle completely (no rpm)

I tested it and it worked well

Hope this helps

Shaun
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 15, 2009, 11:43 AM
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
2,033 Posts
I have just posted my AV of the AMR along with all the colour schemes including the "Fantasy" blue AMR for all the G4.5 guys out there. Enjoy
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:06 PM
Aspiring Weekend Flyer:-)
New Jersey
Joined Sep 2008
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonGti
The fantasy blue AMR, soon to be on KE swaps
Very nice!

Is anyone working on a version of these for 3.5? Can't upgrade the PC for some time to come so using 3.5 as it can't handle 4.5.
WEFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WEFlyer
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:36 PM
Tolland CT
Joined Jan 2009
57 Posts
Quote:
No I still suggest not to. So if you really want to use an APC at the beginning then run the T40 with the APC 13x6.5E and later when you feel comfortable with the plane run it with the VOX 14x7.

The trick not to damage the wood prop is:
First not to taxi the plane on the higher grass. Just go and pick it up after landing (not a big deal)

Second, on touchdown back off the throttle completely (no rpm)

I tested it and it worked well

Hope this helps

Shaun
so now you're suggesting to not do the firewall reinforcing? or do you just mean not using the APC prop?
digitalfish is offline Find More Posts by digitalfish