SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 22, 2008, 04:52 AM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Thats touching mate... Your a good man Shaun, a good man, give him my best wishes. I know what its like to have someone close to you suffer that disease, my mother fortunately caught it out in time and is with me. I hope AMR fights it off.

Cheers mate
MC.

PS, does he happen to have a favorite colour?
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:49 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
I think it is time to reveal what’s behind the Ultimate AMR name.


AMR are the initials of a very close person, who is bravely fighting cancer. When I designed this plane I really wanted to support him in this tough flight and decided to dedicate this amazing plane to him.


He was really thrilled and had tears in his eyes when he heard that. He also loved all of your ideas as to what AMR stands for, they are all so true.



Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
www.UltimateAMR.com

Shaun, that is an awesome gesture! Boy we were never going to find that one, way to keep us guessing!

I lost my best friend to cancer a bit over a year ago, it was a devastating blow to everyone who knew him. I think we all have a story like that. I hope that of "AMR" has an "ending" that isn't one, like Lance Armstrong's for instance...

My thoughts will be with AMR, please keep us up to date on his/her condition.


May I suggest that you put a voluntary donation field in your online cart, so that we may donate to the cancer foundation of your choice when buying our AMR's, perhaps with a little "ticker" on the website displaying the amount raised etc... for motivation! I think with a bit of an explanation/background nobody would have a problem with that especially since there isn't any obligation.

For what its worth, my friend was financially challenged during his ordeal, that added stress of finances is the last thing one needs during a bout against cancer, we all pitched in and raised funds to get his needs met and his debts cleared so he could focus on getting better, unfortunately that was all too little too late, but it sure relieved him to know we had his back until the end no matter what. I would have no problem seeing our donations going to AMR directly if I knew that it would help.
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:25 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
AMR, wish u all my best
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:26 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
every time i ll fly that plane, u will be with me!
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:35 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Vitter's Avatar
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
May I suggest that you put a voluntary donation field in your online cart, so that we may donate to the cancer foundation of your choice when buying our AMR's, perhaps with a little "ticker" on the website displaying the amount raised etc... for motivation! I think with a bit of an explanation/background nobody would have a problem with that especially since there isn't any obligation.
+1 on that

AMR will be included in my prayers tonight and I can’t wait to hear about him beating cancer!

God bless,
Vitter
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:53 AM
Precision Aerob's Avatar
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
Thats touching mate... Your a good man Shaun, a good man, give him my best wishes. I know what its like to have someone close to you suffer that disease, my mother fortunately caught it out in time and is with me. I hope AMR fights it off.

Cheers mate
MC.

PS, does he happen to have a favorite colour?

Thanks for your support guys! We really appreciate it and AMR is reading every word. As for his favorite color its yellow..


Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
www.UltimateAMR.com
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 10:19 AM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
What is A.M.R.'s favorite song? Maybe Dan could do the first vid to it! (just a thought)
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 01:52 PM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,506 Posts
Hey guys to give you an update, i have my ultimate almost ready to fly now, the assembly is really easy, i thought it was going to be a lot more complicated because its a bipe, but in fact it has been quite simple, maiden flight coming soon
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:46 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Atomic Monkey Regurgitater?
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
Registered User
aflipz's Avatar
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
Atomic Monkey Regurgitater?
Euh... refer back to post 195; http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=195
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:13 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aflipz
OOOPS!!!! I must have missed that post!!
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 05:29 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
AMR on the bench!

The Two Wing Green Machine has landed on my bench! Just got it unpacked and I can tell you that Shaun did a fantastic job on this one! It is very well done!

Areas of note and improvement are:

The Hatch - The area around where the canopy is has been modified to avoid paint peeling and the hatch itself is very sturdy.

Covering - The covering on this model is awesome! I know that Shaun worked with the covering manufacturer to improve the quality of the material and it really shows here!

Wheel Pants - There is now a channel molded into the pants where they meet the gear which will help they stay seated in the correct position and will make keeping them straight after many flights a little easier.

Wing Attachment - Although a completely different design than previous PA models, this one no longer has the plastic bolts and little nuts that could be a little fun to install on the other planes. The one-piece wings are still removable but this thing should fit in most cars in one piece.

Biplane Aileron Linkages - The system that Shaun came up with for linking the bottom ailerons to the top ones is very elegant and simple!

Cabane Struts - The cabane arrangement is also very clean and of course carbon!

Cowling - The cowl seems to be a little more heavy duty than the Extra's.

New Spinner - Shaun made a new bigger CF spinner for this airplane that mates up better with the cowl than the one he used for the earlier pictures in this thread.

----

I am still waiting on the new Thrust 40 and Quantum ESC so I won't have it in the air right away but I will keep you all posted on the build as do a little each night.

Enjoy the pics! This thing is awesome!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:05 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
Buzz Bomb's Avatar
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
The Two Wing Green Machine has landed on my bench! Just got it unpacked and I can tell you that Shaun did a fantastic job on this one! It is very well done!

Areas of note and improvement are:

The Hatch - The area around where the canopy is has been modified to avoid paint peeling and the hatch itself is very sturdy.

Covering - The covering on this model is awesome! I know that Shaun worked with the covering manufacturer to improve the quality of the material and it really shows here!

Wheel Pants - There is now a channel molded into the pants where they meet the gear which will help they stay seated in the correct position and will make keeping them straight after many flights a little easier.

Wing Attachment - Although a completely different design than previous PA models, this one no longer has the plastic bolts and little nuts that could be a little fun to install on the other planes. The one-piece wings are still removable but this thing should fit in most cars in one piece.

Biplane Aileron Linkages - The system that Shaun came up with for linking the bottom ailerons to the top ones is very elegant and simple!

Cabane Struts - The cabane arrangement is also very clean and of course carbon!

Cowling - The cowl seems to be a little more heavy duty than the Extra's.

New Spinner - Shaun made a new bigger CF spinner for this airplane that mates up better with the cowl than the one he used for the earlier pictures in this thread.

----

I am still waiting on the new Thrust 40 and Quantum ESC so I won't have it in the air right away but I will keep you all posted on the build as do a little each night.

Enjoy the pics! This thing is awesome!
Looks really nice.
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
Looks amazing!
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2008, 06:18 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
edge5foamy's Avatar
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
That things is sweet lookin' C!
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GP Ultimate Biplane conversion SoarNeck Sport Planes 14 Dec 28, 2008 09:11 PM
Simple Series Ultimate Biplane exowatt Sport Planes 4 Jul 09, 2002 09:35 AM
Ultimate Biplane Templates for Foam Construction Here hoppy Sport Planes 8 Mar 17, 2002 08:34 PM
ULTIMATE BIPLANE - Another Meat Tray (Depron) Project. hoppy Foamies (Kits) 65 Jan 10, 2002 12:51 PM
Ultimate Biplane Colourschemes Armin Mangelmann Scale Kit/Scratch Built 9 Dec 08, 2001 08:03 PM