HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2009, 07:21 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,146 Posts
I got to maiden my Ultimate today Awesome plane! It is the best landing plane I have ever flown. Nice Tumbles, harriers, blenders, but I had a problem getting it to flat spin well. When I added enough throttle to get it flat, it wanted to stop the spin after every rotation I setup the throws and mixing like the manual said but found it still needs more pitch authority and mixing. Overall I loved the plane just need to fine tune it to my liking.
ambientech is online now Find More Posts by ambientech
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneye007
has a new shop taken over the selling of PA products in the UK. as it looks like als hobbies have stopped doing it. site said discontinued selling this product

discontinued ??? they just had a shipment of AMRs.. Maybe out of stock but surely not discontinued.. I also tried to order on their website and it seems to be working fine.

Adad
Precision Aerobatics Team
www.UltimateAMR.com
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2009, 03:17 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica
thanks Shaun. the numbers are hand written on the boxes, in marker. the wing box is #847, the masking tape on the wing bag has #22847. that's a match.

the fuse box is #849. printed on the front of the firewall is #22750. not a match.

unless this is a giant problem i'm not too worried. i won't be assembling right off, so i'm leaving the bags sealed for now. will post some pics shortly.

john.

EDIT: some pics. my set-up junk: e-flite Power10 / Jazz 40-6-18 / 4xHS5065 / Dubro 1.75'' spinner / Futaba R146i rx / APC12X6e or 13X6.5e

i will change to a Power15 if i need nose weight. i have TPX3s2200v2 batteries and will be getting some Pro Power 2250's soon.

John,

I spent quite a bit of time with the production manager and the packing worker to understand if and what went wrong with the packing and we couldn’t point our fingers on the exact reason. My impression is that it is a mistake with the written number on the sticky tape, therefore, please go ahead and dry fit the wings (assemble the wings to the fuselage without the servos yet) and see if all goes well with the fitting. If there is any issues at all please contact us and we will replace the plane.

Sorry for the hassle if your intentions were to assemble the plane over the weekend.
I am pretty sure it will fit perfectly.

As a side note if I may, your setup looks to me quite marginal and will not allow maximum performance of your AMR. It will fly it as a good sport plane for sure. If that is what you are after then it should be ok.

Shaun
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2009, 08:32 AM
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chribrian
I got to maiden my Ultimate today Awesome plane! It is the best landing plane I have ever flown. Nice Tumbles, harriers, blenders, but I had a problem getting it to flat spin well. When I added enough throttle to get it flat, it wanted to stop the spin after every rotation I setup the throws and mixing like the manual said but found it still needs more pitch authority and mixing. Overall I loved the plane just need to fine tune it to my liking.
Hi chribrian, from what you say it sounds very likely that your cg is too far aft, try moving the battery forward and fly it to see what changes! with mine setup like the manual says, i pretty much only hold full rudder to do high alpha knife edges and it will stay in that position all day without any other inputs apart from throttle! Please take your time to get used to the airplane and carefully set it up, i can tell you that when you have it correctly setup it is an impressive airplane, right now i don't want to fly anything else than this airplane, it is the airplane i fly every time i go to the field, i have A LOT of flights on it, and i haven't done a single thing to it, it is extremely strong, and holds up pretty good to harrier roll landings

I have an idea, for you guys having problems with your Ultimate's not flying well, ship them to me with shipping paid both ways and i'll set them up for you very carefully
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 02, 2009, 10:06 AM
Joined Jan 2007
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precision Aerob
discontinued ??? they just had a shipment of AMRs.. Maybe out of stock but surely not discontinued.. I also tried to order on their website and it seems to be working fine.

Adad
www.UltimateAMR.com
they are now saying on sale again. but the combo deals are strange prices
goldeneye007 is offline Find More Posts by goldeneye007
Old Mar 02, 2009, 11:41 AM
Swiss-Helveticum / Geneva
Joined Mar 2008
186 Posts
Would be better going to Panama for holidays with our own Ultimate and have fun time with you at field (y salir por las noches para unas ricas fiestas calientes chupando chelas y disfrutar de la vida !! Ahi ja vengo ! )
hélicogil is offline Find More Posts by hélicogil
Last edited by hélicogil; Mar 02, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 12:18 PM
DJW
Canada, ON, London
Joined Aug 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister

I seem to be the only person on RCgroups who breaks the CF bulkhead, im not too sure why? I dont fly "that" crazy, the motor bolts arent silly tight and I used big washers to spread the load, But neither of them broke at the screw holes anyway - They crack between the 4 cooling/lightning hole around the outside.
I had the same problem with my Katana. Scorpion 3014-22, 12x6 prop, everything carefully balanced, about 375W WOT, so not really an excessive amount of power, either. Interestingly, I replaced the CF/balsa sandwich with some light ply, and the new firewall is still going strong.
DJW is offline Find More Posts by DJW
Old Mar 02, 2009, 01:06 PM
Joined Jul 2008
4 Posts
wunderfull weather and action on the airfield with PA airplans

best regards,
Stefan
Stefan E. is offline Find More Posts by Stefan E.
Old Mar 02, 2009, 01:24 PM
BWX
Holland
Joined Jun 2007
76 Posts
Thats nice!! I,am waiting for my Ultimate, hope to get it this week from Braeckman .

Greets, Benjamin Wassink
BWX is offline Find More Posts by BWX
Old Mar 02, 2009, 02:04 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Very nice picture!

All that's missing is a Katana MD an elecrtric shock and the whole (electric) family was there!
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz
Old Mar 02, 2009, 02:43 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJW
I had the same problem with my Katana. Scorpion 3014-22, 12x6 prop, everything carefully balanced, about 375W WOT, so not really an excessive amount of power, either. Interestingly, I replaced the CF/balsa sandwich with some light ply, and the new firewall is still going strong.

Yup, theres a reason why the 787 is only 50% composite CF is very average at taking loads in many directions, and that is exactly what the motor mount bulkhead is doing. It got to resist virtually every load in the book, and a thin CF laminate doesnt cut it, although it does look pretty. Im composites rated, but am primarily a tin basher, so am biased - But in some places you still cant beat old fashioned metal.

Take note PA, The weight gain is so minimal my low grade kitchen scales cant tell the difference, and you'll be hard pressed to get it too fail.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Mar 02, 2009, 03:21 PM
South Africa, GP, Randburg
Joined Dec 2006
1,958 Posts
@ jackosmeister

By the hole pattern on your new ally motor mount it looks like you modified the original motor mount to get your motor to fit.
Any chance that that is what induced the failure?
demonGti is offline Find More Posts by demonGti
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PA Addiction XL
Old Mar 02, 2009, 03:35 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Its possible but I doubt it, my thrust 20 did exactly the same, Ive been searching for a photo that clearly shows the motor mount, cant find one though. They crack between the lightning holes, not the screw holes.
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Mar 02, 2009, 04:08 PM
Geneva, IL
Joined Jul 2007
1,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Yup, theres a reason why the 787 is only 50% composite CF is very average at taking loads in many directions, and that is exactly what the motor mount bulkhead is doing. It got to resist virtually every load in the book, and a thin CF laminate doesnt cut it, although it does look pretty. Im composites rated, but am primarily a tin basher, so am biased - But in some places you still cant beat old fashioned metal.

Take note PA, The weight gain is so minimal my low grade kitchen scales cant tell the difference, and you'll be hard pressed to get it too fail.
You didn't do all that with a free hand and a step drill did ya??? Crickey...if I tried to freehand that I'd be all over the place! Looks good.
CFisher1421 is offline Find More Posts by CFisher1421
Old Mar 02, 2009, 04:11 PM
all up in your grill
Joined Aug 2006
4,804 Posts
Jeez I didn't even notice the drill! Looks like he did do it by hand, nice work jackomeister.
aflipz is offline Find More Posts by aflipz