SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:13 PM
Flirtin With Disaster !!
United States, OR, Mt Angel
Joined Jan 2008
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
That millennium thing looks awesome - reminds me a of a biplane version of a das elle twig
It fly's great! Little Bipe big bite!
D.B. Hooper is offline Find More Posts by D.B. Hooper
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:35 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,461 Posts
[QUOTE=#1Crash Tester]Here's the slop in my Voltec's. I noticed it but didn't think that much about it until a very experienced 3D pilot friend of mine pointed it out to me. Their is zero slop in the Z-links. I'm not going to worry about it unless it gets worse. I have about 20 flight's on my AMR.

I have a question about the servo arm alignment. Should they be 90 degrees to the servo or 90 degrees to the wing? QUOTE]

Glen

Thanks for the vids.
Do you have any centering problem with this particular servo?

one thing though, in general, plastic gears (in this case the HS-65) will have less slop since it is easier to get better meshing with the plastic gears(that is from my experience with different brand servos). I assume it has to do with them being injected molded which will usually have (+) tolerance while aluminum has more accuracy in machining/CNC cutting.

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 27, 2009, 07:51 PM
R/C Airplane Executioner
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
1,938 Posts
HS65 gears are carbonate (machined in other words.)
maiden-crash is offline Find More Posts by maiden-crash
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:16 PM
Tom the Tinkerer
Australia, travelling between Geelong & PP
Joined Mar 2008
349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash

Actually... the HS65-HB's are Karbonite, a proprietary name for the plastic used in them.. definitely not machined.. injection molded most likely, you can see the little injection marks on the gears after you replace them

and there are also the HS-65MG's that use metal gears..

my 0.022

Tom
Twinck is offline Find More Posts by Twinck
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:44 PM
VFA-132 Privateer
upstate NY
Joined Dec 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden-crash
..... What???
bri_877 is offline Find More Posts by bri_877
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:45 PM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,601 Posts
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aftica; Apr 23, 2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:12 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Not a problem. Enjoy the build.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Feb 27, 2009, 11:31 PM
I butcher foam
Springfield, MO
Joined Jun 2008
1,559 Posts
Finding it hard not to order this plane - never had a bipe to begin with..very tempting.
rballz is offline Find More Posts by rballz
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:02 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica
hey, just got my Ultimate. looks great!

i have fuse ser. #849 and wings ser. #847...ah, i know this may sound dumb, but i gotta ask... this isn't a problem right?
They mate the wings to the fuselage and check the incidences before sending, and that's what the serial numbers are all about. So much so, that there was an incident where a wing was damaged in shipping and they asked for the entire plane to be sent back so they could ensure the matched set. I'd contact them... find out what the incidences are meant to be. For the sake of an email, it wouldn't hurt.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:07 AM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Just order it! There has never been a better bipe to buy. It is the most versatile plane you can find. It can do anything! Your fingers will love this plane!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:19 AM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777
Just order it! There has never been a better bipe to buy. It is the most versatile plane you can find. It can do anything! Your fingers will love this plane!
Herc how big of a step is the bipe from an Addiction? Had an Add for 4mos. acctually wore out the hinges, so Im on my second one , and this plane keeps talking to me.
XXLBMXER is offline Find More Posts by XXLBMXER
Old Feb 28, 2009, 12:50 AM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXLBMXER
Herc how big of a step is the bipe from an Addiction? Had an Add for 4mos. acctually wore out the hinges, so Im on my second one , and this plane keeps talking to me.
While they both have very light wing loadings, the similarity ends there. The Addiction has a thick "funfly" type airfoil which makes after stall flight easy and has a very wide angle of attack envelope before the stall. This makes transition into and out of 3d very easy and simple. The bipe on the otherhand has very thin airfoils and stalls at a much lower angle of attack. This makes it a little more difficult to 3d but at the same time that earlier stall means you can enter stalls, spins and tumbled on command and at any altitude or attitude. That feature combined with more roll authority from very short wings, more rudder authority and bigger gyroscopic effect makes the AMR's envelope a bit bigger.

As far as stepping up to the AMR from the addiction I would say it is no problem. However, you need to realize that with the wider flight envelope, the AMR will require a little more skill to make it perform to it's limits.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 01:02 AM
Team 3DHS
Los Alamos CA .
Joined Jan 2009
306 Posts
Thanks Herc , I can tell by what youre saying kinda matches the way Ive seen the AMR fly in the PA videos. I like that style of flying so the AMR is high on my list .
XXLBMXER is offline Find More Posts by XXLBMXER
Old Feb 28, 2009, 01:21 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Jun 2004
1,461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica
hey, just got my Ultimate. looks great!

i have fuse ser. #849 and wings ser. #847...ah, i know this may sound dumb, but i gotta ask... this isn't a problem right?

Hey buddy,

The serial numbers are on stickers? Did you check the main fuselage bulkhead for the number?

If it's on stickers can you double check if possibly the last digit is not written clearly?

Wait a bit with the assembling. I will double check it with Steve (at PA USA). I want to verify there is no chance of mistake here.

Shaun
Precision Aerobatics Team
Precision Aerob is offline Find More Posts by Precision Aerob
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:21 AM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,601 Posts
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by aftica; Apr 23, 2009 at 09:33 AM.