HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Should future Whim kits be designed to accomodate the LPS system
Yes, continue designing with LPS when possible 45 20.55%
No, small brushless outrunners are the only way to go 174 79.45%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 14, 2008, 09:36 PM
RC ADDICT
United States, MN, Plymouth
Joined Sep 2005
106 Posts
Did we ever get a rough date on when the P51 will be available? I am also ready to order!
gonracn is offline Find More Posts by gonracn
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:29 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonracn
Did we ever get a rough date on when the P51 will be available? I am also ready to order!

I'm helping Zeke work out any bugs in the build and hopefully will help get some instructions together for the Mustang. I have a beta kit here that I have started and hope to move along once he's back from NEAT and can get me some more diagrams.

I'm not sure on the timeline but I know he'd like to get it out there asap.

Steve
Vintauri is offline Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2008, 10:39 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,251 Posts
Met up with Zeke at NEAT and brought the Fokker home with me. Was thinking of building it tonight, but reckon it's prolly best to get some good sleep first, haven't had it in a few days
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:16 AM
Airplane crasher
USA, CT, Shelton
Joined Jan 2008
2,732 Posts
I will have to say that of everyone that stopped by the booth this past weekend It wasnice to meet you. TheKM that was a cool little plane you were flying and Iam sure your going to have fun with the Fokker
CapMike is offline Find More Posts by CapMike
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:02 AM
ParkScaleModels
United States, PA, Loganville
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danjuan
These I believe would look great all "Whimped out"
Don't you mean "Whimed out"? I'll take a look at the planes you have mentioned. The list is long and keeps growing. The whim planes seemed to be very well received up at NEAT. There were five other Whim planes in attendance besides my own. The weather Staurday was absolutely perfect and I managed to get in several flights on the SE5 and the trainer (I'm going to call it the Micro Squire). Sunday was beautiful as well (although the wind had picked up to maybe 5-8 mph), but that didn't keep me grounded! I flew the D-VII several times. Landing into the wind was fun as I probably had a ground speed of 1-2mph...As long as the breeze in steady and not gusty, there's no reason not to fly!
zbrubaker is offline Find More Posts by zbrubaker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Shop remodeling continues...
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:22 AM
Huh?! well waddayouknow!?
Slackramento ,CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbrubaker
Don't you mean "Whimed out"? I'll take a look at the planes you have mentioned. The list is long and keeps growing. The whim planes seemed to be very well received up at NEAT. There were five other Whim planes in attendance besides my own. The weather Staurday was absolutely perfect and I managed to get in several flights on the SE5 and the trainer (I'm going to call it the Micro Squire). Sunday was beautiful as well (although the wind had picked up to maybe 5-8 mph), but that didn't keep me grounded! I flew the D-VII several times. Landing into the wind was fun as I probably had a ground speed of 1-2mph...As long as the breeze in steady and not gusty, there's no reason not to fly!
Official RCgroups glossary definition for "whimped":
Whimped: The combination of pimped and whim.
Pimped: Popular slang nowadays for outfitted nicely,or very nice looking.
I would really like to get my hands on one of those whimped out mustangs !
But being the sole editor of said glossary ,we can change it for you , if your not comfortable with the term.
I think its kinda ironic, and clever.maybe a little cute too.
Good luck with your new line.However ,judging from the performance and interest ,doesnt seem like youll need it.
Danno

(whimped.....teehee)
Danjuan is offline Find More Posts by Danjuan
Old Sep 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapMike
I will have to say that of everyone that stopped by the booth this past weekend It wasnice to meet you. TheKM that was a cool little plane you were flying and Iam sure your going to have fun with the Fokker
I'm sure I will too.

I just need to get a prop for my little motor
Old Sep 15, 2008, 11:44 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
Zeke!!

How much for the B!

You need to do a pusher 727 in this cute scale..

Jeff
www.CommonSenseRC.com
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Sep 16, 2008, 12:47 AM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,840 Posts
I got the SE5a and Fokker-look like great little kits. Zeke-can you check the link for the Fokker instructions? I get a dead link.

-Jon
echoplanar is offline Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,251 Posts
w00t. I just found a little cox warbird prop that pushes onto my little outrunner... I should be in business now. Might try a build tonight
Old Sep 17, 2008, 06:53 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
That trainer looks very much Ken Willard to me - save for the stab location on the fuselage it could pass for a lighter, slightly smaller rendering of the classic Schoolboy (designed for Tee Dee .010 and a compound escapement!). Neat.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Sep 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
Southern California
Joined Feb 2003
1,352 Posts
Great stuff, Zeke! I love the concept.

A couple of subjects I'd like to see are the Pitts S1 and a Chipmunk (Art Scholl scheme for sure).

How would the flying character change if you covered the underside of the wing? Would that make strip ailerons more effective?

Keep those great ideas coming!!

--Doug
dk944s2 is offline Find More Posts by dk944s2
Old Sep 18, 2008, 11:58 AM
Veni Vidi Volavi
Sterling, VA
Joined Jan 2002
2,591 Posts
Whim Fokker/Se-5a Combat

Ron and I took the Spad out for a flight yesterday. Up at the NEAT Fair this past weekend we bought some Thunder Power 2 cell 350 packs so we could replace the Kokam 340 that was currently in the Spad. It is about 5 years old and we thought it was tired. The new TP pack made a world of difference. The Spad now flies with much better authority and speed. Guess the old Kokam pack was on its last legs.

We had a nice furball between Rons Fokker and my SE-5a. We then landed and we stuck a short crepe paper streamer on the tail of the Fokker and we went at it again. No cuts or anything but we had a blast. It is a lot harder to do than it seems, that 3rd dimension really adds to the complexity!! Of course if I was a better pilot I might have gotten closer.

We will try again this weekend and see if we can get some cuts.

Try this, it is a blast.

Brian Allen

Veni Vidi Volavi

I came I saw I flew
Brian Allen is offline Find More Posts by Brian Allen
Old Sep 18, 2008, 01:43 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
That trainer looks very much Ken Willard to me
Well...if he designed the Midwest Tri-Squire...that's what I modeled the trainer after.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2008, 01:48 PM
ParkScaleModels
Joined Feb 2002
4,239 Posts
Brian...I really wish we could have all gotten our Whims up in the air at the same time...I saw where someone got a video of the parkflyer are when I was flying the SE5 on Saturday. I really need to find someone that is good with a video camera (and has a good video camera) to get some good video footage.
RCG Plus Member