HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2009, 06:30 PM
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
24 Posts
Lazor works info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr43
It was about $55.00 that includes shipping, took about 2 weeks. I had to send them a set of plans for the 48" Bee they sent them back with the parts kit which included all the wing ribs fuse formers and sides with windows cut out just about everything you would have to cut out in both balsa and plywood they also sent the templates in 1/4" ply for the wing tips, rudder and elev. About the only thing left to buy were sticks and hardware.

Jim R
Hi Jim

Thanks for the manual.

Do you have a website for lazor works? Is it laserworks? I saw where they sell equipment, but it didn't say anything about making balsa kits.

Thanks.

George
georgepas is offline Find More Posts by georgepas
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2009, 06:48 PM
jdr43
USA, AR, Bella Vista
Joined Oct 2005
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepas
Hi Jim

Thanks for the manual.

Do you have a website for lazor works? Is it laserworks? I saw where they sell equipment, but it didn't say anything about making balsa kits.

Thanks.

George
http://lazer-works.com/

E-Mail: actionhobbieswftx@yahoo.com
Phone: (940) 766-2667
Address: Lazer Works
2005 9th St.
Wichita Falls, Texas 76301
jdr43 is offline Find More Posts by jdr43
Old Mar 02, 2009, 08:48 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
Jim.. you said that you sent them the plan, do you know if they would accept the pdf file instead of the paper copy?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but man am I excited. I don't have all of the tools needed (band saw, etc) to kit my own but their service will be quite handy.

Thanks,
Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:27 AM
Joined Feb 2009
1 Posts
Bee instruction book

I had decided trying to build a Bee and glad I found this thread with plans before starting. I saw the posts that there is an instruction booklet out there. I have heard that Clancy had done a pretty good job including time saving tips in his instruction books. Would appreciate it much if someone could email the file to nwwilliams2000@sbcglobal.net.

Thanks in advance... NW
walkslow is offline Find More Posts by walkslow
Old Mar 05, 2009, 07:24 AM
jdr43
USA, AR, Bella Vista
Joined Oct 2005
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas
Jim.. you said that you sent them the plan, do you know if they would accept the pdf file instead of the paper copy?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but man am I excited. I don't have all of the tools needed (band saw, etc) to kit my own but their service will be quite handy.

Thanks,
Mark

No, they won't take a PDF file. I took my PDF file to Kinko's and the made nice copy's and they also had the mailing tubes, all for around $20.00

Jim R
jdr43 is offline Find More Posts by jdr43
Old Mar 05, 2009, 08:03 AM
Spark antenna on my Tx !
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Mar 1999
436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas
Mark
The issue may also become one of converting a paper copy or .pdf to a cut-ready file. You may really need a CAD file of the plans. This will depend on the cutting service provider.

-EEK
eekflyer is offline Find More Posts by eekflyer
Old Mar 05, 2009, 08:26 AM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
You guys are a wealth of useful information... Thanks for the replies..
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas
Old Mar 07, 2009, 05:20 PM
Sun got in my eyes ...
Northeast Ohio
Joined Jun 2007
207 Posts
If you knew someone who worked in the field of engineering, you could have them print the plans for you. My Dad's friend did that for me.
dsaturday is offline Find More Posts by dsaturday
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:16 AM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,051 Posts
I was wondering if someone would send me an instruction manual . Interested in doing an electric one. What do you think would be better 40 or 48 "?
I guess i could build both wings.
mori55 is online now Find More Posts by mori55
Last edited by mori55; Mar 15, 2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 08:51 AM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,051 Posts
Can't belive this,
I remembered that i had bought a bee kit years ago. I thought it got lost in a couple of moves. What i found was even better the original kit , and a 72 inch big bee kit.
Has anyone built the big one with electric?
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:08 AM
Virginia
Joined Dec 2007
24 Posts
Lazy Bee Instruction Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mori55
I was wondering if someone would send me an instruction manual . Interested in doing an electric one. What do you think would be better 40 or 48 "?
I guess i could build both wings.
I have a 48 inch Lazy Bee and I love the way it hovers in light winds with half throttle. The 40 inch would be better if you want to fly in more wind or do more aerobatics. I'd be glad to send the manual, but I think I need your email.
The manual is well worth reading, because it contains a lot of Andy Clancy's hints and tips.

George
georgepas is offline Find More Posts by georgepas
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:52 PM
balsa buster
Kentucky (USA)
Joined Mar 2009
9 Posts
I had one of these and they are good slow fliers but you might think about doubling up on the wheels i had to.
We have a grass runway and the bee kept wanting to wing over on take off and landing till i put a extra set of wheels on it and it helped.
I lost mine do to pilot error i was flying it inverted and nosed it down through the top of a tree not pretty how dumb was i this is not a 3D plane but live and learn.
kenny k is offline Find More Posts by kenny k
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:33 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgepas
I have a 48 inch Lazy Bee and I love the way it hovers in light winds with half throttle. The 40 inch would be better if you want to fly in more wind or do more aerobatics. I'd be glad to send the manual, but I think I need your email.
The manual is well worth reading, because it contains a lot of Andy Clancy's hints and tips.

George
I found the manual , the one manual covers all of them. Has anyone flown the 72" one?
I think i'll build the 48 " one and maybe build a 40 " wing also while i'm at it .
Have any of you built the speedy bee? If so how did it fly?
The one thing i can't find is a set of plans for the floats, if anyone has them my email is, morimoore@comcast.net
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,051 Posts
Here you go guys!
Took awhile but someone sent these to me. Now we all can enjoy them.
One question, i took the file to staples but they can only print so big. I told them i need the plans 100%. I really don't want to tile them. Do you guys know anywhere else i can get them done?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 06:04 PM
Sun got in my eyes ...
Northeast Ohio
Joined Jun 2007
207 Posts
Thanks for the plans for the floats.

These are great. I'm sure they will work for winter too.

Thanks again.

Dominic
dsaturday is offline Find More Posts by dsaturday