HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:42 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,731 Posts
Gallery
Fun Run with the Garden State Model Boaters

Thought I would post some pics of our club outing to one of our favorite run sites that we have the pleasure to visit here in New Jersey, Leisure Village. Our club has the use of the lake and facilities by invitation, and when we run their we have our tables set up for show and tell for the residents. We run their four times a year along with the use of the facility for our club picnic. I might be bias in saying that in our club membership we have some of the finest builders of scale models in the country, but I will let the photos of the boats running during the days events.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Last edited by frankg; Aug 30, 2008 at 06:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2008, 05:58 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,344 Posts
Nice!
Kmot is online now Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:15 PM
Joined Apr 2006
28 Posts
Great pics ! Looks like a fun day and a great club
jef764 is offline Find More Posts by jef764
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:22 PM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,040 Posts
WOW! All super looking models!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:25 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Looks like the garden state loves peacetime well built crafts, Nice pics FG, thanx for sharing. Boo
pkboo is offline Find More Posts by pkboo
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:37 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Gee Rich, you mean that you actually found the time to RUN your models?

Our club had its annual picnic on Saturday, and all I got to run was the grill---.
der kapitan is online now Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Sep 01, 2008, 07:49 AM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Your place!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan
Gee Rich, you mean that you actually found the time to RUN your models?

Our club had its annual picnic on Saturday, and all I got to run was the grill---.
Karl you got to see it as a compliment everybody´s eating off your "hand" or they just don´t trust you with the radio in hand Eugčne
Old Sep 01, 2008, 09:13 AM
Joined Dec 2004
3,731 Posts
KAP- Believe it or not , it seems that is the only time I get to run other than testing out a new model design, that I do get to run. I can usually get to half of our running events, the ones that are held on Sundays, the ones that are held on Saturdays I have to pass on due to the hobby shop being open. I really look forward to the events I can make. It kinda makes it all worth wile.
frankg is online now Find More Posts by frankg
Old Sep 01, 2008, 11:22 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,757 Posts
Rich, we both used to get more running time in, but thar was before we got so involved in this hobby business---.

These days, I don't even have the time to BUILD a model---.

Eugene, I'm the organizer for the picnic, and also take care of our awards banquet. It's very hard to get volunteers in any club, it seems---.

They all conveniently "disappear" whenever you need them---.
der kapitan is online now Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Sep 02, 2008, 01:39 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,613 Posts
Der kaptain,

Same problem with any club. Majoraty says yes to an idea while the minority do all the work with a smaller of non doers trying to take the credit.
keith S is online now Find More Posts by keith S
Old Sep 02, 2008, 02:15 PM
Is life for real?
Almere The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
1,320 Posts
Karl, same here! I'm the president of a domino (like the Cubans do ) club and getting the help you need is disastrous! Man you gotta love the getting together to keep going to every single meeting and/or tournament and every single time you gotta beg your players to show up on time, even show up dang! Boo