Old Aug 29, 2008, 05:46 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2005
258 Posts
Discussion
Plea for help with HS-85MG gears...

Hi there Mike,

First off, let me say I'm a big fan of Hitec and your customer service. You guys have ALWAYS been fair and quick when I needed something fixed. I fly nearly all hitec MG mini servos in my molded sport sailplanes and still love my Eclipse 7.

My request is probably something that MANY others here would be interested in regarding the same old discussion on that nylon #1 gear in the HS-85MG. LOVE the servo, but I've got 6 currently that need that single gear replaced. I typically use them for ailerons and flaps in 3 meter molded slopers, and with time, inevitably, the #1 nylon gear goes out.

I know to buy the nylon gear set to save $$$, but at the end of the day, to purchase 6 of these tiny #1 gears, I'm dishing out $30, plus tax & shipping. So lets say $35 (being generous) for 6 of these "tiny" nylon #1 gears!?!? All the other gears in the package get tossed in a drawer, never to be used or seen again.

$35 for six #1 nylon gears...

Can't something be arraigned with the actual manufacturer to sell a pkg. of 6 #1 gears at a price "in line" with what we buy the 5pc nylon gear sets for the mini servos?

What do you think Mike? Sounds reasonable, yes?

Cheers & Best Wishes, Raul
wylchyl is offline Find More Posts by wylchyl
Last edited by wylchyl; Aug 29, 2008 at 08:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2008, 06:49 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Part number 85G1
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Sep 02, 2008, 10:57 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2005
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T.
Alan, thanks so much for your reply & the links. I am in California/USA. Can you tell me what what shipping might be on 10 of these gears? While on your web-site, I am unable to know what international zone California would be.

Thanks very much Alan!
Old Sep 03, 2008, 03:53 AM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
PM refers. Alan
Old Sep 03, 2008, 08:20 AM
Northern Alabama, USA
Joined Apr 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
I'd like to order 10 of these, but I live in the US. Can you quote a price to ship. Obviously, it will be a very light envelope!
jonlowe is offline Find More Posts by jonlowe
Old Sep 03, 2008, 09:35 PM
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2005
258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlowe
I'd like to order 10 of these, but I live in the US. Can you quote a price to ship. Obviously, it will be a very light envelope!

Ditto.... I'm in California
Old Sep 03, 2008, 10:23 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
How about the metal (using the term loosely) output gear of the HS-125/5125 servo? Is that available individually? I know there are a ton of sailplane flyers who would love to be able to replace JUST that gear without having to buy a whole gear set...
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Sep 03, 2008, 10:28 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Please do not use this information forum to request pricing etc. One link to a shop selling such items was given and the shop page does display contact details. In need, send PM or email me direct via link on my web page.
Regards
Alan T.
Old Sep 03, 2008, 10:33 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjon
How about the metal (using the term loosely) output gear of the HS-125/5125 servo? Is that available individually? I know there are a ton of sailplane flyers who would love to be able to replace JUST that gear without having to buy a whole gear set...
1ST GEAR FOR HS-5125MG #5125MRG1
Regards
Alan T.
Old Sep 04, 2008, 08:23 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Quote:
I saw that one on your site...however, I was inquiring about the OUTPUT gear (the one that the servo horn attaches to). Is that one available separately? I know the question has been asked before as the output gear is by far the weakest link in the 125/5125 geartrain. Thanks!
Old Sep 04, 2008, 09:30 AM
Hitec service
San Diego
Joined Nov 2004
687 Posts
The output gear of the 125/5125 is not available separately but the gear set has had a running change now to where the output gear is brass instead of the aluminum.
p/n 55301
BRENDAN LUGO is offline Find More Posts by BRENDAN LUGO
Old Sep 04, 2008, 10:01 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Thanks Brendan...I had heard that the output gear had been changed. It would be nice if the output gear could be obtained individually so that people could economically upgrade the old style gears to something more substantial. Kudos to Hitec for responding to/fixing the 125/5125 issue though!