Old Aug 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Video
Stampede VXL with old 6-cell NiCd

Hello,

Just getting used to my new Stampede VXL. This was only the 2nd time running the truck on a very old 6-cell 1400 NiCd pack. This is my first brushless truck and so far I like it! It's going to be a lot of fun . Looking forward to trying out some 2S and 3S ThunderPower packs in it soon.

Note: The video came out a bit shaky (using small digital camera) and, in case you were wondering, full speed runs occur at the 2:05 mark.

Chachin..

Edit: Uploaded 2nd video. My R/C buddy let me try his 3S LiPo. Couldn't even go much past half throttle (tight space).

Edit2: Videos deleted to upload new ones.
Chachin is offline Find More Posts by Chachin
Last edited by Chachin; Dec 30, 2008 at 03:00 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2008, 07:19 PM
RC Info Sponge
Minnetonka, MN
Joined May 2007
45 Posts
Stampede

Just curious did you guys have low voltage protection on?
When you power up the ESC does the light stay green or does it turn red while running it?
AQUAJOE is offline Find More Posts by AQUAJOE
Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:09 AM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Hello AquaJoe, the power light stays red after I disabled the LiPo mode. Yeah this truck should go much faster, but I meant every word when I said I'm using a "very old" 6-cell 1400 NiCd pack... LOL! I've had this battery pack for about 10 years or more . I'm surprised it even holds a charge.

I've done a couple of runs since that vid with an only few months old 6-cell 3000 NiMH Dreadnaught pack and it is noticeably faster!! Can't wait to try some LiPo's.

Chachin..
Old Sep 05, 2008, 01:01 PM
Powered by ThunderPower
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Sep 2001
4,197 Posts
Just uploaded another video. My buddy Vernon let me borrow his 3S LiPo for a short test run. Man I couldn't even go much past half throttle due to the tight space. Even at half throttle and with a loose slipper the thing popped some wheelies without trouble.

Anyways, I should receive my 3S 2600mAh Extreme V2 LiPo pack today. I'm going take it out to a wider area to see if I can actually gun it all the way. This thing is FAST!

Chachin..
Old Sep 06, 2008, 11:56 AM
Joined Sep 2008
100 Posts
Guess I could post this here too. Even with only 6 cells, your VXL stampede was around the same speed as my 9-cell brushless clodbuster. But yours didn't glitch/ breakdance and do roof spins like mine

Stampede and Clod Buster (2 min 50 sec)

And here is one more video of the Stampede...

Traxxas Stampede V X L (3 min 44 sec)
vsci79 is offline Find More Posts by vsci79
Last edited by vsci79; Sep 07, 2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old Sep 07, 2008, 09:00 PM