HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Dora Nine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 29, 2008, 05:09 AM
The sky is my playground.
United States, NH
Joined May 2005
7,710 Posts
Discussion
A new spot for float flying.

For while I had been doing my float flying at my local Fish and Game clubs' pond. However, come about mid summer the pond is covered in weeds which makes for quite the challenge to keep the rudder on the float free and clear.
Thankfully my solution is now Merry Meeting Lake in New Durham. This is just another four miles further down the road from my previous spot (or 12 miles from home). The lake claims to be the cleanest in New Hampshire. By the looks of what I have seen, I believe it. The water is unbelieveably clear. Look carefully in the pics and you see what I mean.
The best part, since I took these pics at the lakes' public boat ramp. I had another RC flyer come by and visit with me while I was flying. Turns out, he was inspired to get into the hobby after one of my previous visits. During our conversation, he offered his personal dock out in front of his house for me to fly at in the future. We also talked about winter flying off the frozen lake with skiis. As you can imagine I'm pretty excited about all of this. The next time I go, I'll have to ask him to take some inflight pics for me
Dora Nine is offline Find More Posts by Dora Nine
Last edited by Dora Nine; Aug 29, 2008 at 05:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts