HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2001, 04:50 PM
Joined May 2001
3 Posts
Lift Off XS (simprop) performance

What can you tell me about this sailplane?
Is the fuselage in fiber glass ?
how can I choose between the Lift Off XS (Simprop) and ASW 24-electric version (fvk)?
Jorge Costa is offline Find More Posts by Jorge Costa
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2001, 01:54 AM
Turbines suck ;-)
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Mar 2000
1,636 Posts
The lift-offs have a glass fiber fuselage which is fairly weak - especially between the rear of the wings and the tail section. I think that a lot of these aircraft have been designed as modified gliders to take electrics without enough thought given to some extra re-inforcing of the fuselage considering the weight of the batteries and motor. The hotliners land very fast and seem to skid sideways on landing and the lift offs (big and xs) seem to have a weak point half way between the rear of the wing and the tail section.They both fly very well but keep the speed up!
rorywquin is offline Find More Posts by rorywquin
Old May 24, 2003, 08:09 PM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts
can the wing of the xs stand vertical dives?
YZYgold is offline Find More Posts by YZYgold
Old May 25, 2003, 03:15 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
I fly the Lift Off xs now for about two years. The Lift Off family has been specially designed with E-Flight in mind. I also have no problems regarding the strength of the fuselage - even the HiTec HS 55 for elevator hasn't given me any trouble yet.

I wrote a report for the German magazine AUFWIND and for the British magazine EFI. As the whole test report would be too long, here comes the last chapter:

Conclusion

The Lift off xs is a compact, very competitive hotliner and a good alternative to some bigger models. In comparison to the similar sized Selection it looks more modern and performs better. It provides good quality and good value for money. The well-mannered handling and the flight performance make the Lift off xs a universal model, from 7 cell ferrite to 10 cell brushless, for aerobatics, gliding or just for fun. Considering the total costs the Lift off xs is not far away from the bigger Lift off, but with the same drive the flight performance is better due to the lower weight. Flying the Lift off xs is always fun, and it has the potential to grow with the capabilities of its pilot.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Aug 31, 2003, 10:01 PM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts
Jurgen Have u dived the XS vertically bfor?? does it flex much|?
Old Aug 31, 2003, 11:51 PM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2003
643 Posts
We also witnessed a FVK ASW-24 maiden yesterday. The plane stalled several times before it death spiralled. Some damage to the fuselage but the wings were intact. I believe this to be another case of "pulling too much elevator" after studying the vid a few times.
Vic Peh is offline Find More Posts by Vic Peh
Old Sep 01, 2003, 12:20 AM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts
Em y u posting about asw here this is for liftoff XS??

Can you load the vid on silent flight??
Old Sep 01, 2003, 04:01 AM
Singapore
Joined Jul 2003
643 Posts
Read the first post CAREFULLY.
Vic Peh is offline Find More Posts by Vic Peh
Old Sep 02, 2003, 05:29 AM
Singapore Holland Rd
Joined Mar 2002
1,920 Posts