Old Sep 07, 2008, 10:07 PM
Did you get it on video?
USA, FL, Miramar Beach
Joined Nov 2005
6,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy34256
8) Remove 3 blade prop from box, hang on wall

Parkzone should just supply us with a picture of the plane minus the prop, that we can tack to the wall, then hang the 3 blade from the nose, and make it a 3D poster...
Flying-Monkey is offline Find More Posts by Flying-Monkey
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2008, 10:27 PM
Muscle Shoals, Al.
Joined Oct 2004
313 Posts
Flew mine today for the first time. WOW !!! I have the pnp version and i"m running an AR6000 rx and a DX6i tx. I am also flying on a 3c 2100 TP prolite battery. I flew 6 packs worth today off of our grass fiend with NO problems at all. I flew it with the gear and without.
This is one of the best flying planes I have ever flown. All most everyone at our field flew it today and all loved it !!! It is for sure a keeper. I will be putting the 2 1/2" dubro's on it though. Fly's like a really cool looking trainer. About 12-14 min. flight's.
kissfan is offline Find More Posts by kissfan
Old Sep 07, 2008, 10:45 PM
Joined Mar 2008
138 Posts
Houston, we have a problem...

oh man...i cant believe this. i'm flying along all happy and suddenly the corsair goes beserk...squaking...making wierd noises.
and then it simply drops from the air.....not glides but drops....like a hammer.
been flying 20 years and NEVER had a plane to that.
i was maybe 50 feet...not too high....damage isn't too bad...totally fixable.

but my brand new Zippy lipo is punctured....like it took a nail or something.
so i start the post-mortem...and there it is...a machine screw used to fix the motor mount to the firewall...poking right into the battery cavity.

i gotta tell you, this is an accident waiting to happen, especially folks using slightly thinner lipos.

i'd like to know what Parkzone is going to do about it.
ltbidrawn is offline Find More Posts by ltbidrawn
Old Sep 07, 2008, 10:55 PM
Joined Apr 2008
661 Posts
I think if you are too nose heavy the plane will be harder to land and itll stall quicker? thats what someone said.
butters149 is offline Find More Posts by butters149
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:17 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrooks01
I stripped an aileron servo today too. I wonder if this is going to be a weak point on this airplane. Am planning on replacing with stock because of the long servo wire, but if I strip another one I will be replacing with a pair of HS-81s and an extension. John
I'm reading of a lot of stripped servos. I would guess two things... The ailerons out of the box are VERY stiff. I disconnected the servo and broke the ailerons in (bent them as far as they would go up and down until they moved with little resistance... cracked the paint at the bend point, but better that than stripped servos. The other thought is that on a belly landing (for those doing that), the horns on the bottom of the wing can easily get snagged on the ground, and could get stripped from that. I'd be nervous about belly landing for that reason. Someone here made some skids out of coat hangar wire, which looks like it would protect the servos/connectors.

Just thinking aloud...

-David
whaleboy is offline Find More Posts by whaleboy
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:24 PM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
Nice Sunday - F4U

I had a nice sunday at Arbor.

The F4U Corsair fly's great. I'd take it out to the far corner of of our field at about 200 AGL and cut the throttle.. and lazy glide in left hand circles to about 50 feet and slowly apply power... Go around and do it again.. I guess I'm flying like one of my Easy Gliders or Cularis...Just has a high sink rate. Ha!

Landings are under power about 1/3 Throttle then flare... Haven't bent the gear yet... Needs flap's cut in... My 3D planes are taking a back seat to this plane... Who needs to Hover anyway?

Maybe this would be fun to do "Dive Bombing with.. Dive brakes and Near vertical attacks.. Humm one spare channel... But my TX has a broken Gear switch.

Cheers VeitVet -
VietVet is offline Find More Posts by VietVet
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:25 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
109 Posts
best glue?

What is the best glue to do repairs or glue things to the Parkzone foam? I also have an EasyStar, and regular CA works great with that. I'm hesitant to use that on the Corsair until I know its ok (and kicker is ok also).

Thanks

-David
whaleboy is offline Find More Posts by whaleboy
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:33 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Mahomet, Illinois
Joined Aug 2007
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleboy
What is the best glue to do repairs or glue things to the Parkzone foam? I also have an EasyStar, and regular CA works great with that. I'm hesitant to use that on the Corsair until I know its ok (and kicker is ok also).

Thanks

-David
Medium thickness regular CA works the best on Z-foam.

David
Horizon
Dave Eichstedt is offline Find More Posts by Dave Eichstedt
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:37 PM
Kennesaw, Georgia
Joined Jul 2007
1,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltbidrawn
oh man...i cant believe this. i'm flying along all happy and suddenly the corsair goes beserk...squaking...making wierd noises.
and then it simply drops from the air.....not glides but drops....like a hammer.
been flying 20 years and NEVER had a plane to that.
i was maybe 50 feet...not too high....damage isn't too bad...totally fixable.

but my brand new Zippy lipo is punctured....like it took a nail or something.
so i start the post-mortem...and there it is...a machine screw used to fix the motor mount to the firewall...poking right into the battery cavity.

i gotta tell you, this is an accident waiting to happen, especially folks using slightly thinner lipos.

i'd like to know what Parkzone is going to do about it.
Did you lose all control? I'd think even with total loss of motor power you'd be able to glide her in somewhat if you had control. I cut power from ~100ft and could more or less glide it completely down for a landing.

Also someone mentioned glueing on a bit of foam over that screw point just in case. I plan to make that a priority "project" tommorow.
Zero3803 is offline Find More Posts by Zero3803
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:42 PM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
O.K. David - CA and Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaleboy

Thanks

-David
Same CA as Elapor Regular not foam safe.. That was suggested by the product manager... Kicker will set up quicker.. But be more brittle..

For a Glue that is not brittle... Shoe Glue.. But it take 12 to 24 hours..

Like on a T-28 ..I had a new fusalage,, and "dumb Thumbed it" I used the shoe glue... Used Blue painters tape.. to keep things lined up.. Next day good as new,,, It's still flying.. I've done quick repairs with CA and Kicker and on the next accident the body would crack in the same place.. Too Brittle..

With Shoe glue it flexes..

Next...
SUMO is an Expanding ( Gorrila Glue - but transparent and less swell ) glue.

Very good but $6 a bottle... Well worth the cost though...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=2051697

The plane with the Mylar on wing had a new fusalage.. Broke it.. Power 10 and a metal mount.. Used Sumo - next day used Black and Red Sharpies.. To Touch up.. Tryed to flex the nose holding the motor.. Solid..

Good Chit....

Cheers VietVet -
Last edited by VietVet; Sep 07, 2008 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Add link
Old Sep 07, 2008, 11:49 PM
SE Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2008
15 Posts
I have about a half dozen flights with the 2 blade prop and I just installed the 3 blade prop, hoping to try it out in the morning. Now I'm a little nervous with all the talk about how unbalanced it is. I'm a noob and have a couple questions. Is there a way to check the balance without an actual balancer. Also, what happens if you fly with an out of balance prop?
jailguy is offline Find More Posts by jailguy
Last edited by jailguy; Sep 08, 2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2008, 12:07 AM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
JailGuy - N.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailguy
I have about a half dozen flights with the 2 blade prop and I just installed the 3 blade prop, hoping to try it out in the morning. Now I'm a little nervous. I'm a noob and have a couple questions. Is there a way to check the balance without an actual balancer. Also, what happens if you fly with an out of balance prop?
I got a PKZ 3 Blade prop with the PNP.. And picked up Two more at the local Hobby store... Quite frankly havent used them yet..

On the T-28's we have used the Master Airscrew 10/7 and 9/7's and they have not had a vibration reported with the PKZ1015 8.7/6 props..

Don't be too nervous.. The Three blade prop in general has more pull on the "low" end and less full speed. It's sort of like gears in in a Car.. 4.11 rear end will get you out of the hole quicker.. But 3.90's will give you better road speed..

Cheers VietVet -

P.S. We like more low end tourqe and less high speed..
Old Sep 08, 2008, 12:10 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
I know this is a corsair thread and when I get my Corsair I will for sure program 23% differential . Did my experiment with the T-28 Trojan and I am sure the Corsair will be the same. Way better with differential. You guys don't believe me do you! Go look at the T-28 thread and see what i mean in my Vid. Don't believe all what you read; look for your selves. MODS are cool! Very sweet very sweet!!! lol

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post10505497
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 08, 2008, 12:23 AM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
Page 175

Quote:
Originally Posted by David22
I know this is a corsair thread and when I get my Corsair I will for sure program 23% differential . Did my experiment with the T-28 Trojan and I am sure the Corsair will be the same. Way better with differential. You guys don't believe me do you! Go look at the T-28 thread and see what i mean in my Vid. Don't believe all what you read; look for your selves. MODS are cool! Very sweet very sweet!!! lol

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post10505497
Your link is to PAGE 175

On T-28 Forum.. Number 2

Was it page 233 you anted us to see..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post10505549

Dubious to David22
Old Sep 08, 2008, 12:28 AM
Garden Grove, CA.
Joined Feb 2007
307 Posts
Tail re-inforcement F4U

Minor issue:

The F4U will some times flip on landing...In Grass..

The Scale Tail has this little triagular peak in front of the rudder.

A bit of carbon fiber.. Or maybe a toothpick.. CA'ed into this Triangle.. Would be a good precaution.

I got to do mine -- one of these days.. Ha !

Cheers VietVet