Originally Posted by Buster1000 View Post
Thought I would share some power data.
All tests w/stock PZ 15 motor, 4s2200 Nanotech lipo (50c):

9.4x4.5E APC prop: 23 amps/372 watts
9x9E APC prop: 45 amps/686 watts
9x7E APC prop: 37 amps/580 watts
9x9 APC sport prop: 37 amps/570 watts
9.5x7.5 E-flite prop: 43 amps/658 watts

I don't believe this motor would last using the stock prop on 4s, however the performance w/the 9x7E APC prop and 9x9 APC sport prop has been phenomenal. Hold back for scale and when you want to rip with a close fly-by, the speed is impressive.
Check out the Extra 300 prop (PKZ) 9.5.x 9. It's what comes with the PKZ 15 and the 30 amp ESC.in the Extra. It is listed as an optional prop for the new Corsair. Haven't checked it on my meter but it rocks with a 3s 2200. Sounds good at throttle up but is whisper silent at 1/2 throttle. VERY efficient too.
Rickflaguy is offline Find More Posts by Rickflaguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:13 PM
Joined Jun 2005
126 Posts
I am sure the answer is in the 1219 pages of reading somewhere, but I was wondering if the wing from the new corsair could be dropped onto this corsair to give it retracts and flaps? Would the color match? With all of the problems of the retracts from the new corsair should I even consider adding the wing? Thanks for any information!

ndfanatix
ndfanatix is offline Find More Posts by ndfanatix
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:25 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,229 Posts
nope sorry there to different i was thinking about it but nope
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big fpv weekend
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:17 PM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfanatix View Post
I am sure the answer is in the 1219 pages of reading somewhere, but I was wondering if the wing from the new corsair could be dropped onto this corsair to give it retracts and flaps? Would the color match? With all of the problems of the retracts from the new corsair should I even consider adding the wing? Thanks for any information!

ndfanatix
It will not fit. Like papabatman said, they are completely different and absolutely will not work without serious modifications. I have both planes, and the wing/fuselage mounting points are greatly improved on the new version vs the old one.
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
Old Mar 06, 2013, 05:31 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,855 Posts
I haven't flown this plane for a few months, but had a great flight today on a snow-covered lake. Last fall it suffered a serious crash after I lost it in the sun. Eventually I managed to piece it together and it flew again but the Power 10 ended up with a bent motor shaft. I'm gonna get a new shaft for sure.

Today, I put the old stock motor back in, and it still flew like a dream. The 2 bolts I used to hold the wing on make it look rock solid in the air. I threw it and it took off nice and straight with no torque roll and no hassle. Great plane!
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:17 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
I haven't flown this plane for a few months, but had a great flight today on a snow-covered lake. Last fall it suffered a serious crash after I lost it in the sun. Eventually I managed to piece it together and it flew again but the Power 10 ended up with a bent motor shaft. I'm gonna get a new shaft for sure.

Today, I put the old stock motor back in, and it still flew like a dream. The 2 bolts I used to hold the wing on make it look rock solid in the air. I threw it and it took off nice and straight with no torque roll and no hassle. Great plane!
That's beautiful.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:40 AM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,493 Posts
Quote:

Wow... that's beautiful. What a great flying spot. I'm envious!
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
Old Mar 08, 2013, 11:42 AM
nom
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Mar 2011
1,477 Posts
Nice winter pic!
nom is online now Find More Posts by nom
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:03 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,855 Posts
Thanks guys, it is a beautiful place for sure. Lakes are great because they are big, flat, soft, and have no obstacles. Plus, it's only 5 minutes from my house. In the summer the options are more limited for this plane. Although it is called a "park flyer", you can't really let it loose in a soccer field surrounded by houses and trees. Sometimes I fly there, but only if there are no people around.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Mar 08, 2013, 12:22 PM
United States, FL, West Melbourne
Joined May 2011
1,573 Posts
Quote:

I noticed a big change when I used the saddle foam. Nice and stiff and no torque roll too.

No lake landing here at all. No snow no ice. I love the flying weather in Florida but I would love to try snow some day.
Old Mar 08, 2013, 10:39 PM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav3uk View Post
Lol..............no theres an App for that.

I use a nifty iPhone app called Rc Logbook, if you have an idevice its in the App store

You can have a look at what it does here

http://clevertangerine.com/RCLogbook/

It will log flights, locations, durations, lipo health by recording post flight voltage, mah put back in the lipo on charge and end voltage etc. It graphs the performance of the lipo to keep an eye on them all sorts.

Here is a screen shot of a models front page

I must admit that when I first got it I recorded every flight in all its detail but I am not so thorough now and sometimes only get the basics...............sometimes I just forget altogether.......lol

Its a paid app but there is another one called DG RC Pilot Logbook that is a free download.

Dave

Guys, I'm working on a web site / mobile app combination for doing this. I don't want to spam the forum, so if you'd like PM me and I'll give you the details and beta information.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:29 PM
Do you see what I see?
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Joined Sep 2006
1,648 Posts
Quote:
I haven't flown this plane for a few months, but had a great flight today on a snow-covered lake.
Nice pic Jovanx!!

I too haven't flown her in awhile, but looking at your pic makes me want to take her up next!!

I can't seem to pull away from the Durafly Auto-G lately, LOL. Gyrocopters have ALWAYS fascinated me, different & unique type of flying, BUT....

My Corsair is itching to get out on a sortie!!!!
rcoconut is online now Find More Posts by rcoconut
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:12 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
878 Posts
Will PZ Corsair Blow Me Away

Quote:
The stand out model for me in the PZ line is the P47. It seems to blend the best of all the models into one plane, she flys slow, she flys fast, will handle wind, has flaps and retracts, can be upgraded as far as you like and is just a great plane to fly. It also has a nice wide U/C and the biggest wheels so can handle grass a bit better.
Dave
Well said Dave. I totally agree. Really love the P-47.

Thinking about buying a PZ Corsair.
I like my Thunderbolt more than my Spitfire for the reasons you stated.
Do i need a Corsair? Im running out of space to keep planes.

Will it blow me away or should i just spend the money on P-47 airframes?
Does the Corsair have any issues that i should know about,
(like nose-heavy or weird flying/ landing habits, etc)?
Cheers mate.
LaserBeam is offline Find More Posts by LaserBeam
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:54 AM
Is Stateside.......
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserBeam View Post
Well said Dave. I totally agree. Really love the P-47.

Thinking about buying a PZ Corsair.
I like my Thunderbolt more than my Spitfire for the reasons you stated.
Do i need a Corsair? Im running out of space to keep planes.

Will it blow me away or should i just spend the money on P-47 airframes?
Does the Corsair have any issues that i should know about,
(like nose-heavy or weird flying/ landing habits, etc)?
Cheers mate.
I have the old Corsair and love it, its so light it can be chucked around like mad. If you want fast there are a couple of speed demons over on its thread who have modded them way up, reinforcement is essential on this model.

I put flaps on mine and it will hover........lol

The new version looks great other than the dodgy retracts but some people are saying they got that sorted..........

They fly quite differnt to the Jug....almost like powered gliders they can go so slow but great fun.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Mar 13, 2013, 09:42 AM
You Know What I Mean
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Dec 2011
878 Posts
Corsair Confusion

Quote:
I have the old Corsair and love it, its so light it can be chucked around like mad. The new version looks great other than the dodgy retracts but some people are saying they got that sorted...They fly quite different to the Jug....almost like powered gliders they can go so slow but great fun.
Dave

Cool thanks mate.
Old ones sounds easy to fly like a Wildcat.
That'll do me nicley i think.

PS. I thought i was on the new Corsair thread ...
then i saw the dates of the earlier posts and got confused
LaserBeam is offline Find More Posts by LaserBeam