HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:01 PM
Delafield, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2006
248 Posts
Question
flying wing setup with JR 9303 question

Anyone out there set up their wing with a JR 9303 radio? I used acro/delta setup but can't sort out the servo throw adjustments, because the screen only comes up "LEVN L/R and REVN U/D" so how do I adjust the other elevon for airleron and elevator respectively?
dbatey is offline Find More Posts by dbatey
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2008, 11:22 AM
West Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbatey
Anyone out there set up their wing with a JR 9303 radio? I used acro/delta setup but can't sort out the servo throw adjustments, because the screen only comes up "LEVN L/R and REVN U/D" so how do I adjust the other elevon for airleron and elevator respectively?
I hope I understand your question correctly. I think you are trying to set your travel adjust on your airleron. I don't have a 9303. I have the JR XP7202. I think that the setup is similar. You can probably adjust one side but can't seem to get to the adjust for the other by using the scroll or adjust buttons. On my radio you must actuate the stick assigned for that movement to toggle to the other side. (In my case the right stick in a sideways direction) Then you can use the adjust button to set the throw. The same applies for setting the up and down throw adjustment for the elevator function. Just move the right stick forward or backward to toggle to the setting you need (up or down) then use the adjust button to adjust the throw. I hope this helps.
Wayne
ab8ug is offline Find More Posts by ab8ug
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
Cowboy up...
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Apr 2006
419 Posts
I believe you're looking for the trim steps for the elevator and aileron. When you mix these together (elevon) you get the standard wing control.

What I mean is that when I set mine up, I was able to modify the trim step for each of the individual servos. Unfortunately I'm on the road tonight or I'd be able to verify it for ya.
Appfan is offline Find More Posts by Appfan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV Ground Station
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:05 PM
Delafield, WI, USA
Joined Mar 2006
248 Posts
Thanks guys. I guess I didn't do a real good job explaining what I wanted. I just learned I need to make the different elevon throw limits for elev and airleron in the dual rate section.
dbatey is offline Find More Posts by dbatey
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:17 AM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,613 Posts
If you want, you can set up quad flaps pretty easily on the 9303, as well. My large wings use this kind of setup.
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC