HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:06 PM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Alert
Wanna buy from BananaHobby?? Read here...

I feel bad for doing this...but I think people need to see how Bananahobby.com's rep here on the site handled this "situation". http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=912980

Notice he totally blew me off when I asked a question.....then rather than contact someone via PM/publicly about an issue, he wants the thread closed. I especially like the "na na na" post.

I've never bought from them. Probably won't ever.....

Pete from Bananahobby.....please feel free to explain yourself. I don't intend for this to be a bashing thread.....but I don't understand the logic in how you handled the situation in above linked thread.
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:15 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,367 Posts
Wow, rather than address how he plans to change it he just pisses and moans. As for the professionalism he says he uses I guess I missed something as I saw none there.

Thanks for the heads up. There are plenty of good hobby vendors to choose from to deal with one like this.
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:19 PM
And You're Not
Timbuktu, Mali (Happy?)
Joined Oct 2002
6,514 Posts
I'm not religious, but Jesus wasn't around in Exodus when Moses parted the Red Sea. He didn't show up until the sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
I am not Jesus and I can not PART THE RED SEA.
Jeffery is offline Find More Posts by Jeffery
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:20 PM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
Wow, rather than address how he plans to change it he just pisses and moans.
Which is why I feel it prudent to start this thread.

I hope they can get it worked out...customer support is what keeps me coming back....IE Tower Hobbies...Horizon is also Top notch. And take a look at how awesome Hobby Lobby is!!
Old Aug 24, 2008, 11:40 PM
1 paycheck away from homeless
United States, KS
Joined Mar 2006
4,574 Posts
Wow! That's a guy I want to give my hard earned cash to. Just wow!
ghostmechanic is offline Find More Posts by ghostmechanic
Old Aug 25, 2008, 01:32 AM
Heli and Car Addict
Woodland Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2008
3,478 Posts
Hah!
Just go to youtube.com and search bananahobby.com.
Pete is just a kid, and does a backwards hat "What's in the Box" review...... =/
rawfuls is offline Find More Posts by rawfuls
Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:11 AM
United States, NC, Robbins
Joined Jul 2008
655 Posts
I could care less about how he or anyone wears there hat,backwards,sideways makes no difference. I have purchased from them before but after reading this I will stay away not because the guy has his hat on backwards but seems they have real problem with customer service. Thanks for starting this thread
deerfreak is online now Find More Posts by deerfreak
Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:56 AM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawfuls
Hah!
Just go to youtube.com and search bananahobby.com.
Pete is just a kid, and does a backwards hat "What's in the Box" review...... =/
That explains a lot! This isn't the 1st thread he could have made lemonade from lemons, but instead bemoaned how he couldn't get a break because of the past performance of the company. Here's a news flash, everything is judged by past actions and it takes some proper actions in the present and future to offset that. It's not like we've seen other places turn over a new leaf

I really don't care if the guy is young. I just don't like the way he acts like a kid and takes things personal when we don't say "great, things have changed I'll order 3 airplanes , I was hoping yall'd decide to get straight".

Pete G'luck, chill out, it's not personal. When there is a complaint in your thread think it over, put yourself in the other guys shoes, and stay focused on the problem and the solution. We all know the world isn't fair, pointing that out is not constructive.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:53 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
I'd like him to comment in this thread. I made the suggestion in the original thread of contacting the member that had a bad experience and at least TRYING to make it right. I dont think "they" should have to bend over backwards to try and win back the crowd they have obviously lost, but I do think they should make an attempt to remedy a problem that is going to follow them everywhere.

To those admins @ RCG who might be reading this and wondering why a member would be hassling a sponser who sticks money into the RCG bank account...well, the money they stick into YOUR account comes from OUR(the members) accounts. I do apologize for instigating bad juju....but I offer no apology for informing my fellow hobbyists of a bad seller.
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Other than this being in traders vice vendors, I doubt the mods would have any problem. Else it'd be "that other forum".

Most reputable vendors actually are thankful for people taking the time to point out a problem they may have. It gives them a chance to fix it. Granted it'd be better for them to be the only one to hear it, but it's a good thing when there is a chance to fix it or explain the other side of the story in an open forum. This forum is great in that regards. Both sides get to have a say. Some people just can't be pleased and the members are quick to side with the vendor. Some vendors can't please reasonable customers (not inferring anything on the current Banana Hobbies) and the members will pile on the bad vendor. Even negative feedback can be an asset if used correctly. Nice thing about this is sometimes the owner doesn't know that his employees are being rude, unhelpfull, or angering customers. Many times this is the best place to let them know about it.

Steve
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:31 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
I should have originally posted in vendor talk.....but I very rarely venture down that far. I did start a thread and link it to this one. Should I report myself for cross posting!?!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:54 AM
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Actually yes. whenever you mess up by posting in the wrong area just report it and ask a mod to move it. No problems.

Steve
Old Aug 25, 2008, 10:56 AM
The "K"minator
Frostbite Falls,MN
Joined Sep 2006
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyGlow
I should have originally posted in vendor talk.....but I very rarely venture down that far. I did start a thread and link it to this one. Should I report myself for cross posting!?!
I'm sure someone will.
Crazy Eight is offline Find More Posts by Crazy Eight
Old Aug 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
piro-maniac........
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Eight
I'm sure someone will.

I just reported myself......
Old Aug 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
Hi I am Mark & I am an addict
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined May 2007
790 Posts
Gunny - Thanks for starting this thread..

Here's my 2 cents...
The whole "na na na", the remark about two channel helis vs. Nitro Heli and the talking down to other pilots.. total BS.... IF he is such a professional (for a living and as a "pilot"), he would not put that in a forum. That is the farthest from being professional that I could imagine.

I have looked at their site before and am glad that I didn't buy from them. I would rather pay a bit more and buy from someone that is a real hobbyist and at least acts mature...

Mark
mthomas is offline Find More Posts by mthomas