Old Aug 24, 2008, 01:13 PM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
Question
Wicked Powered GAUI TigerShark-Delta?

Hey Don,

I'm wanting to buy a GAUI TigerShark-Delta and plan on powering it with one of your Wicked 4000KV EDF motors. Should I use the stock TSH 68mm fan or go with something else? I have a couple of spare 3 bladed XF fans laying around....

Also I plan on powering with 4S 2250's, do you have a ESC suggestion?

Much thanks! I love your GAUI, the yellow is sweet.
Splat762 is offline Find More Posts by Splat762
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2008, 06:38 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Sadly my Gaui Delta exploded in air at 120mph when the wing ripped off the body. I was running the Wicked 4000 on 4S with the stock fan but I took the stock rotor and broke off three baldes to make it a 3 blade rotor. If I were to do it again with 4S, I would use a carbon spar that passes thru the fuselage. I would also suggest using the motor with the standoff adapter for 4S then use a XF fan rotor adapter to mount the rotor since it will be a 3mm shaft. I have had no heat issues but I am in Ohio and some down south have had heat issues making the EDF housing melt. With the standoff that is not an issue.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2008, 07:22 PM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Delta, it was the yellow one right? Guess it is possible to fly the wings off a bird like that...

I do have the 3mm XF Fan adapter, should I use that with the stock SF fan then? And then get the Wicked 4000 with the standoff adapter? I live in Washington State so heat really isn't a factor for me...I just want the best 4S set up. Oh and should I change the ESC? I have a 45A right now....

Splatty

EDIT....Damn, your website says out of stock, do you know when you'll expect more???
Old Aug 25, 2008, 07:49 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat762
Sorry to hear about your Delta, it was the yellow one right? Guess it is possible to fly the wings off a bird like that...

I do have the 3mm XF Fan adapter, should I use that with the stock SF fan then? And then get the Wicked 4000 with the standoff adapter? I live in Washington State so heat really isn't a factor for me...I just want the best 4S set up. Oh and should I change the ESC? I have a 45A right now....

Splatty

EDIT....Damn, your website says out of stock, do you know when you'll expect more???
Yep the yellow one was the one I used the stock included SF fan but made it a 3 blade rotor. If you want to go without the standoff then you can use the supplied collet (2.3mm) If you want to use the standoff adapter then the shaft will be 3mm and you will need the XF rotor collet. The 45amp ESC you have will be fine ampwise as long as it is not an Electrifly Silver Series.

Motor will be here tomorrow. Cleared US Customs today. I will add them to stock tonight so you can order them.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2008, 08:52 PM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
The ESC is a CSRC Z-45 and I just noticed it isn't rated for 4S...only up to 3S, so I think I'll buy a new ESC anyway.

I think I'll just order the motor with the stand-off just in case. I'll order as soon as I see them in stock....

Thanks Don!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 08:58 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
I added them to stock. It will ship out on Wednesday.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2008, 08:59 PM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
Roger that, awesome customer service Don! I'll head out to the website now...
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:08 PM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
Thanks Don, ordered the motor and some connectors....now if you could solder the motor side connectors on you would have a customer for life. LOL.

I hate soldering!
Old Aug 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
12,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat762
Thanks Don, ordered the motor and some connectors....now if you could solder the motor side connectors on you would have a customer for life. LOL.

I hate soldering!
No problem.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
Offical Lightpole Magnet
Whidbey Island, WA.
Joined Feb 2007
777 Posts
OMG are you kidding me! Your the best Don! You have a customer for life and I'm spreading the word.