HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2008, 07:23 PM
Joined May 2008
6 Posts
Question
1/4 scale Sopwith Triplane

Hi all,
I would like to build a 1/4 scale Sopwith Triplane. I have settled on building from Jerry Behrens plans of the Trihound if I can get a set of them. I spoke with his wife and found out he passed away some time ago and she no longer has the plans. I have found http://www.precisioncutkits.com who can laser cut me a kit but they do not supply the plans of course.

So can anyone help me.

Thank you,

Larry Hebert
sharpeye is offline Find More Posts by sharpeye
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2008, 09:53 AM
LBJ
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2007
702 Posts
Check this guy's 1/3 scale Sopwith Tripe out! He may have some plans you could work with. Another guy on page 7 of the link said he designed and built his 1/4 scale Sopwith tripe and crashed it. He may still have some plans. That's a nice bird! I hate to think of doing all those wings though! LOL.
LBJ
http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/fl...riplane-6.html
LBJ is offline Find More Posts by LBJ
Old Aug 31, 2008, 02:36 PM
Jeff Carr
Ft. Mill SC / Charlotte NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,655 Posts
There was a fellow in Olean NY by the name of Dr. Woody Clapp. a Dentist who built a model of one. He also built a full scale replica and I watched it flip on landing at the Olean airport. He wasnt hurt but its something Ill remember for the rest of my life.

He later was killed in the same aircraft when he actually went down in flames. I guess this had an origanal fuel peep site that was leaking. He wanted one last flight before he was to repair it and it caught fire. Very unfortanute. Now this is what I heard. It may not be factual.

Bob Brown from Bradford Pa and District III VP was good friends with Woddy Clapp. He always built models and then either rebuilt full scale or built replicas. The model sopwith flipped a number of times but he followed his dream and had a real one.

Its a Cool Plane with some personal history

Jeff
Goinav8n is offline Find More Posts by Goinav8n