Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by timocharis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2008, 06:50 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Sold
Rewound 13-turn 24awg ABC Hex "Blue Wonder" 24-gram Outrunner $25 Shipped

When all is said and done, the 13-turn 24awg (using the very best spike wire) is the point behind the 16-mag ABC Blue Wonder. Its raison d'etre. For sheer power and efficiency it can't be argued with.

This one squoze out 10,359 rpms from an 8040 GWS prop using 8.12 amps @ 10.96 volts for a Badcock rating of 79.9% -- one of the best ever at that power level. Running it down to 7967 rpm it managed 81.1% efficiency, so it's a pretty broad and flat power band. Kv measured at 1335 raw, so figure 1350 or so. I'll bet I could get more for this than the asking price, but it's all in fun really. It's a complex wind, and somewhat difficult, but it nevertheless gives a very good aesthetic. Oh, it doesn't show in the "winding" pictures but this one actually is blue.

Includes the stock motor mount (works fine) and a curious prop saver they like to throw in. I think it can handle GWS RS props, which makes it pretty much useless from my point of view. This is a brand new motor, by the way. It was never used in "stock" configuration.

Boilerplate:

$25 takes it. Free shipping is via USPS First Class Mail in the USA. Paypal only, and -->NO ECHECKS<-- please. PM for paypal address.

If your offer is accepted, you have 24 hours from the pm of paypal address to pay or the item will be relisted.

CANADA: If you're in Canada and Real Nice (but who there isn't?) I might also ship under compelling circumstances, but it does require filling out forms and waiting in line and stuff like that (which I Do Not Like) and does cost a bit more. On the other hand I love Canada, so quite often sentiment wins out over good sense.
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2008, 08:55 PM
tree scavenger
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2006
585 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Dave
i'll go on it if its still available
pretty darn tidy lashings ther mate
silentsurfer is offline Find More Posts by silentsurfer
Old Aug 23, 2008, 08:59 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
You want another one? Well, okay... wait. You never did buy one of these, did you? Goodness. This one's a hottie!

Dave
Old Aug 23, 2008, 08:59 PM
tree scavenger
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2006
585 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Quote:
"curious prop saver they like to throw in"
is that why my props are always extra 'wobbly'??
.. i thought the centrifigual force'd just straighten that booger right up!?
silentsurfer is offline Find More Posts by silentsurfer
Old Aug 23, 2008, 09:13 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
I toss these stoopud things in hoping some day someone will find out what the heck they can be used for -- and then let me know. I think the flat side was for some kind of adaptor ring, but only one oddball one every worked for me. The other side is probably for some RS props...? And you can use them as pusher holders for some APC sf props, which have just the right size rim to fit over the entire body of the saver.

I mean, what are these things for anyway?

Dave
Old Aug 23, 2008, 09:24 PM
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Sold

Okay, party's over. Sold, paid for, shipping papers cut ... stick a fork in it.

Dave
Closed Thread