SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2003, 02:47 AM
Jason Stiffey
Port Orchard, Washington
Joined Jan 2003
38 Posts
Night flyer?

Ok I have this wild hair to build a fun fly type plane about 36 inch wingspan or so and light it for night flight under transparent covering.
I would like to build it from plans so I can easily repair/replace it when it has that inevitable incident at night...

I fly my helis at night and thought something of this nature would be a fun addition to that.

My question is Which one? Anybody have some plans for a plane of that nature? I am looking for something with a thick cord wing and symetrical so it will fly inverted as well as it does upright.
I am thinking electric power, but not a $300 brushless setup or anything like that. Maybe a Speed 400 size? It doesn't need to break the sound barrier just have some ooph to do aerobatics.
fitenfyr is offline Find More Posts by fitenfyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2003, 03:53 AM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
Modelair-Tech Tumblewatt? www.modelairtech.com. This is plans only - Speed 400 direct drive by design.

For a kit that builds so fast you wonder why you didn't do it sooner, Mountain Models MiniFlash (www.mountainmodels.com). This is set up for a geared 370 as in the GWS Zero, P-51, Beaver and Slowstick. Also the Mountain Models Switchback - either Sport or 3D. The Sport has a Clark-Y wing (the real thing) but that doesn't prevent it from inside and outside loops with ease. The Switchbacks also have a built up rather than sheet tail, which might be more amenable to lighting than the MiniFlash.
BEC is online now Find More Posts by BEC
Last edited by BEC; Feb 07, 2003 at 03:55 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2003, 11:36 AM
Jason Stiffey
Port Orchard, Washington
Joined Jan 2003
38 Posts
Thanks...

I had checked out the mountain models stuff and that looks good.
I also found this page off the modeltech link you gave me...
http://www.aerocraftrc.com/
The Tumblewatt looks like just the ticket! Even comes with clear covering. I don't care for the t-tail of the other models. Purely cosmetic driven mind you.
fitenfyr is offline Find More Posts by fitenfyr