Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 07, 2001, 10:17 PM
InSane Diego
San Diego
Joined Feb 2001
37 Posts
USA F5B TEAM TRIALS AT SAN DIEGO

Notice to all F5B Pilots.
The date of the USA F5B Team Trials will be the weekend of October 19-21, 2001.

The schedule will be, Mandatory Tech inspection on Friday Night at 6PM at Steve Neu's garage. The new 2001/2002 rules will be in effect, i.e. 2 kg min weight, 200 sec. distance task, 10 Minute Duration task, and landing circles of 10 and 15 meters dia. with 20 points and 30 points for the spot landings.

The flight order will be by random draw that night. The first flight will be at 8:00 AM Saturday morning. I plan on running at least 3 rounds on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. There will be one throw out score.

In conjunction with the F5B Team Trails I will be putting on the Inter Galactic F5B Championships for 7 cell, 10 cell, and FAI 1.1 Kg. classes. The schedule will be the same, except the 7 cell will always fly first, 10 cell next and 1.1 Kg after them. The only rules for 7 & 10 cell classes will be the number of Ni-Cad cells, 24 oz/fat surface loading and general safety.

There will be a BBQ at my house for all entrants on Saturday night, BYOB.

Entry fees for the Team Selection Trials will be $50 USD, and $20 for all other classes. Entry fees will include Lunch and drinks at the field each day. San Diego weather in October can be variable from windy, rain & cold to Sunny & mild. The event will be held at our runway at the South Shores Boat Ramp Park in Mission Bay, San Diego, CA.

Please use our club web site at www.sefsd.org for the entry forms and all further official information.

All FAI Team Selection entries must be 30 days in advance, 7 & 10 cell should also be in advance to accommodate scheduling and accommodations. All FAI entries must get their FAI license and NAC permits and AMA FAI program paperwork as soon a possible to avoid delays. Any entrants needing certification as Qualified to Fly FAI F5B may do so at our monthly club practice sessions, the 3rd Sunday of each month here in San Diego, or contact AMA for other methods to accomplish this.

Future information may be had by contacting me via wayne@walker.org or 619-284-6119, or 4817 Bancroft St., San Diego, CA 92116.

Best of luck to all entrants and please feel free to pass this information on to anyone interested in joining the competition.

Wayne Walker
President, Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego.

Wayne@Walker.org
Dictator for Life is offline Find More Posts by Dictator for Life
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2001, 12:25 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,678 Posts
Wayne Walker, DfL, wrote:
"In conjunction with the F5B Team Trails I will be putting on the Inter Galactic F5B Championships for 7 cell, 10
cell, and FAI 1.1 Kg. classes. The schedule will be the same, except the 7 cell will always fly first, 10 cell next and
1.1 Kg after them. The only rules for 7 & 10 cell classes will be the number of Ni-Cad cells, 24 oz/fat surface
loading and general safety."

Check this out, Sirius and Smart guys (is there a plane called the Wise, yet?) and others. This will be fun! We, ShredAir, will be there and participate.

Those of you from farther away could even plan an F5x vacation in late October: first fly with aliens like Marcela and myself at the Intergalactic F5B Champs inSane Diego, then mosey on over to Phoenix for the F5J soaring event. Beats carvin' pumpkins...

Dieter
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir
Old May 09, 2001, 12:56 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
Dieter, what was the powerplant you had in the 7 cell rocket you brought down to the MWE this year. How much does it weigh with controller? Will it fit into the same space as an Aveox F7LMR? How many watts were you pulling though it?
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG