HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Evans, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:46 PM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
You are wrong and still need to understand that when put into fpv plane as example is illegal

UHF also,as example to,use unless you have ham licence

Pete you clearly have no idea on responsibility

If you get ham licence this will explain to you legalities rather than me go,over and over with you

Ham licence is licence and is good reason to get one

Not just take questions and answers and pass but actually study

You see the reason serious ham guys do not oppose me or question me
As they know i am correct an not waste time and argue or explain to lily pads or newbies

You got lots,to,learn

I will help you as serious way smarter guys seem to,let me do,dirty work

With lilypads




licence
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
It's not illegal. There's your answer.
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:52 PM
Team White Llama!
gundamnitpete's Avatar
Joined Jan 2008
8,144 Posts
No, it isn't illegal with a technician class license. Please show me evidence to show that it is.
gundamnitpete is offline Find More Posts by gundamnitpete
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:00 PM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamnitpete View Post
No, it isn't illegal with a technician class license. Please show me evidence to show that it is.
Go to fpv thread and search "FCC stickers "
Or related threads

FCC stickers or other relavant searches would be interesting

I am no safety guy but just like to,chat about actual,rules

Find it funny guys who,post about safety but do not abide of regulations

I don't abide regulations but study them as anyngoodmfpvmguynshould

Searching info,no rc groups is good idea

I did and found interesting info

This is great feature about rc groups

It would be interesting for you Pete to link otherwise

David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:10 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,419 Posts
David the title thread explains its purpose and it is not to argue UHF licensing. Please start another thread if you wish to pursue this.
If anyone has actual relevant FCC regulations they wish to post do so but please no more opinions without hard back up.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:24 PM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
David the title thread explains its purpose and it is not to argue UHF licensing. Please start another thread if you wish to pursue this.
If anyone has actual relevant FCC regulations they wish to post do so but please no more opinions without hard back up.

Sorry to interupt you thread Garry

You skip subject and slide around reason you fly against fcc licence

As you smart guy no need to make back up to,show you contradict FCC regulations


Or should I say break many FCC regulations but try to fix them

FCC as you know does not alow what you do as you fly. Fpv

This is why I ask you questions on your opinion on how todo,it as example

How do you fly against FCC regulations but still advocate as this thread mentions

Hope you can help me understand your ideas.

As I see you in conflict as you preach



Am I wrong in saying you are not allowed to,use non FCC video Txs as you do

I really am interested in your opinion in this particular subject

As I see you fly fpv with non FCC sticker equipment but also advocate the rules

Please help me understand your reasoning

So I can be better personpopcorn:
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:23 PM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Not really surprise but gary delete my posts as usual when he is put in spot light

I will ask moderator why my posts still are visible

Funny system on regulations on rc groups as well re FCC

Why my posts still visible when Garry delete them because he decides he want to for his own agenda

I don't under stand

Just like people who advocate FCC rules but constantly break them
Very confused david22

Can I only see my posts that Gary delete or still viable even though he delete at his discretion ?

Why Gary delete posts, is he afraid or worried what I say?

Why rc groups not delete my posts as Gary ask am I so interesting? Or correct that I over ride moderator of this thread?

Maybe moderator wants to know my questions to Gary as well?

All FCC related but Gary skip questions for some reason

I wonder why
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:14 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David22 View Post
Not really surprise but gary delete my posts as usual when he is put in spot light

I will ask moderator why my posts still are visible

Funny system on regulations on rc groups as well re FCC

Why my posts still visible when Garry delete them because he decides he want to for his own agenda

I don't under stand

Just like people who advocate FCC rules but constantly break them
Very confused david22

Can I only see my posts that Gary delete or still viable even though he delete at his discretion ?

Why Gary delete posts, is he afraid or worried what I say?

Why rc groups not delete my posts as Gary ask am I so interesting? Or correct that I over ride moderator of this thread?

Maybe moderator wants to know my questions to Gary as well?

All FCC related but Gary skip questions for some reason

I wonder why
David

I understand your concern about flying eligibly but I believe you are misinformed with the laws in the USA. The FCC laws and regulations are dependent on the frequency and power output of your transmitter. The type of transmitter used by most FPV flyers only require a Technician FCC license to use. I have seen this license posted by those flyers when they are in use. All is totally legal.

So either your are misinformed of our laws or just don't believe in FPV flying. Because of your misunderstanding you have decided to make judgements on someones actions that are incorrect. You also seem to have a problem with Gary and I feel (there may be others that also do) that you are just using this thread to cause agitation and conflict.

If you do not feel FPV flying is legal then don't do it. While freedom of speech is a right in the USA making incorrect or inflammatory statements can be called libel and may lead to a form of prosecution if found guilty in a court of law.

If you feel I am wrong than that is your opinion but this is not the place to throw accusations or false statements at each other. This will be the only comment I will make on this subject to you and anyone else.

Life is too short to get your panties all in a wad over what people say or not. I say go out and fly your RC plane and have fun. Leave the legalities to those that practice it for a profession.

Enjoy life and have fun.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 08:31 PM
Registered User
branflakes's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
2,309 Posts
David you and daemon are two of my fav posters on here stop sounding all left field and crazy man you boys just need to concentrate on getting further and further until we are regulated into bland-ness you only have so long lol

you'll still have lucky respite in Canada though lucky man
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:05 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,400 Posts
AMA Field FPV Flying...

Downtown, in Class B, at night, hitting the "Bullseye" at our AMA field hanging out with our homies.

Half these approaches were mine, the other my 12 year old son's.


2012 Nov 3 SEFSD Night Ops- Hitting the "Bullseye" at Night (3 min 31 sec)


...almost like bringing it aboard a ship...
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:13 PM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Downtown, in Class B, at night, hitting the "Bullseye" at our AMA field hanging out with our homies.

Half these approaches were mine, the other my 12 year old son's.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eY_aMK50eTk

...almost like bringing it aboard a ship...
My hat is off to both you and your son. Nice flying.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:47 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
scrtsqrl's Avatar
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
My hat is off to both you and your son. Nice flying.
Thanks!

Just wanted to show that there's more to FPV than watching the altimeter and distance count up or dashing around terrain...
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:18 AM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Thanks for the post and explanation, I will look,into this further

You seem like smart guy and gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
David

I understand your concern about flying eligibly but I believe you are misinformed with the laws in the USA. The FCC laws and regulations are dependent on the frequency and power output of your transmitter. The type of transmitter used by most FPV flyers only require a Technician FCC license to use. I have seen this license posted by those flyers when they are in use. All is totally legal.

So either your are misinformed of our laws or just don't believe in FPV flying. Because of your misunderstanding you have decided to make judgements on someones actions that are incorrect. You also seem to have a problem with Gary and I feel (there may be others that also do) that you are just using this thread to cause agitation and conflict.

If you do not feel FPV flying is legal then don't do it. While freedom of speech is a right in the USA making incorrect or inflammatory statements can be called libel and may lead to a form of prosecution if found guilty in a court of law.

If you feel I am wrong than that is your opinion but this is not the place to throw accusations or false statements at each other. This will be the only comment I will make on this subject to you and anyone else.

Life is too short to get your panties all in a wad over what people say or not. I say go out and fly your RC plane and have fun. Leave the legalities to those that practice it for a profession.

Enjoy life and have fun.
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:21 AM
Registered User
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
David you and daemon are two of my fav posters on here stop sounding all left field and crazy man you boys just need to concentrate on getting further and further until we are regulated into bland-ness you only have so long lol

you'll still have lucky respite in Canada though lucky man

Wow that is nicest thing someone said to me recently

Thanks

I will concentrate on fpv rather than investigate rules and such but have earge to investigate rules

I am confused about being lucky being in Canada versus being in USA however

Are the rules different in Canada than USA

Or should I just forget about the rules and concentrate on fpv
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:35 AM
Registered Pilot
bmschulman's Avatar
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave View Post
Well, I can say I have heard very damn close to from the horses mouth that privacy issues are a huge problem for the FAA with respect to allowing UAS flights, so I would say this may be the AMA smartly getting out in front of that crapstorm and saying "What we do doesn't infringe on the privacy of others".
Interesting. This suggests that an agency might be planning a rule based on "privacy." Who, the FAA? Are they authorized to issue regs relating to privacy? Their mandate is air safety and efficiency. And would they issue a regulation if the Supreme Court has said there is no such interest? Seems like such a regulation would be struck down, even if issued for sUAS.

At a minimum, I think 550 could have been better worded. It sounds like the activity intended to be prohibited is spying on your neighbor, etc. If so, 550 should reference a purpose without regard to things like "high resolution" which focus on the use of technology. In other words, AMA flying doesn't involve activities carried on for a commercial purposes or activities carried on for the purposes of obtaining imagery or data that might reasonably be expected to be private in nature. Something along those lines would better protect the members AND the AMA by avoiding the inference that taking pictures from the air for hobby purposes (which many of us enjoy, even when not flying FPV) could be construed as an invasion of privacy even when that's not at all what was intended by the member. When you read the way it's written, it's pretty categorical and you have to define "surveillance" (or read into that word a statement of intent) in order to find a way to reconcile what many hobbyists are doing with this brand new prohibition.
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:20 AM
Registered User
branflakes's Avatar
Joined Jan 2011
2,309 Posts
Additionally, the wording/stance is ridiculous in that privacy standards from the air have nothing to do with modeling, they're overstepping (surprise)

Google earth is worse than 480 non zoom fpv cam
There is precedent for reasonable expectation of privacy, private property doesn't cut it. In Denver, I'm allowed to set up hi res cam on top of mountain outside city and film all your back yards etc

Hypocrisy galore imo.
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Poll Proposed U.S. FPV Guidelines - Max Range Gary Evans FPV Talk 65 Aug 10, 2008 02:27 AM
Poll Proposed U.S. FPV Guidelines - Max Weight Gary Evans FPV Talk 16 Jul 30, 2008 01:30 PM
Poll Proposed U.S. FPV Guidelines - Max Altitude Gary Evans FPV Talk 52 Jul 30, 2008 01:05 PM