HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Evans, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2008, 02:37 PM
Kildare, Ireland
Joined Jul 2008
137 Posts
pajo1981 is offline Find More Posts by pajo1981
Last edited by pajo1981; Sep 04, 2008 at 02:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
Michigan
Joined Nov 2006
2,712 Posts
Hey guys,
Just a word of encouragement! Keep up the good work!
I'm really in no position to be of much help, but know there are lots of FPV pilots behind what you are trying to accomplish. Thanks a ton.
skunkworks2006 is offline Find More Posts by skunkworks2006
Old Sep 26, 2008, 12:28 AM
vrfpvflyer
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Oct 2007
22 Posts
What about Turbine aircraft Which are allowed with waiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster
I'm already in contact with the AMA and will be working with them throughout the lifespan of the document. Funny how Horace Cain ignored me when I emailed him.

I have seen at the Bennett Ama sanctioned airstrip in Las Vegas Nevada crashes from turbine jet aircraft and fires!. There is a residentail area just west of the field. The aricraft has been seen over homes. Pilots are not aware that the very fast aircraft flies over residentail area, because they are very fast. Pilots turn around. They do not realize that the aircraft is over homes west of field. The aircraft appears to not be over homes. I have seen for myself.
I am not allowed to fly FPV there. Most people and pilots there have no problem with my FPV flying there. There are few who do not think it is safe for video FPV. Yet the Turbine Jets continue to fly there. Hummm. Need to point out to the ama. I think FPV is safe compared to turbine aircraft. Because turbine is popular, is allowed.
vrfpvflyer is offline Find More Posts by vrfpvflyer
Old Sep 26, 2008, 09:20 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,084 Posts
Actually if you really want to ruin their day.. Point it out to the HOA and show them a couple of Turbine fire videos
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:49 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Feb 2006
1,148 Posts
I see that on page 10 of the Model Aviation magazine the supplement Code 550 is mentioned: "AMA Approves FPV Use for Model Aircraft".

Good job,

-tychoc
tychoc is online now Find More Posts by tychoc
Old Dec 26, 2008, 04:54 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,084 Posts
Yeah I heard they posted that in there. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:31 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,084 Posts
Probably violates a Copyright rule... BUT! Here's the article from the MA Mag.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2009, 11:02 AM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,780 Posts
I saw that!
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Mar 03, 2009, 10:54 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,291 Posts
ATTF Podcast on the status of our hobby and the NAS...

Diggs & Jamie talk to Lucien Miller & Patrick Eagan about what's going on w/ our hobby in general and the government.

Very interesting and informative:

Direct Download/Stream-CLICK HERE

or check out the website:

http://www.allthingsthatfly.com/
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Mar 19, 2009, 01:43 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined May 2008
447 Posts
sorry i have not read the all the posts, but is this a rule in the AMA already?
or is this to be added
thanks
videocruzer is offline Find More Posts by videocruzer
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:40 PM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by videocruzer
sorry i have not read the all the posts, but is this a rule in the AMA already?
or is this to be added
thanks
It is currently in effect. You are covered by the AMA if you follow their rules and fly with a buddy box and safety pilot and stay within the safety pilot's visual range. There are a few other minor things, like following all the other AMA rules etc. but basically, you can fly at AMA fields within these rules.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Apr 02, 2009, 09:32 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,370 Posts
FAA's Small Unmammed Aircraft System Rulemaking Committee

I understand that the FAA's ARC has basically completed its task which was to pull together information for the preparation of proposed UAS regulations. Next step will be the drafting of proposed rules which may be completed this year with adoption and enforcement to follow.
No details on exactly what the ARC has provided have been disclosed yet.
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
Seeing the Farside.
Seattle WA, USA
Joined Aug 2005
4,285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans
No there hasn't. Post # 57 is the latest I've heard. From reading between the lines I suspect what came out of the ARC wasn't in our favor but that is speculation.
Ah, that is a little nerve racking but good to know. I haven't been following the issue much, but it certainly affects all of us.

Having a normal conversation without being attacked is so nice sometimes. It's good talking with you Gary. Keep up the good work on this thread.

-Chris
Blaze.45 is offline Find More Posts by Blaze.45
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:35 PM
Putting FPV to Business
Joined Jul 2009
573 Posts
Folks, I am new here, but since 2003 on R/C modelism, both airplanes and helis. Once I've found FPV is here to stay my will is to setup a regulated, authorized and most of all, insured professional service at some other places that may have people around. Though, I am not sure if there are allowances or not. I am in Brazil and here it seems there are no rules at all to fly FPV, though people are abusing it, causing a bad reputation for folks who are willing to bring FPV to a decent hobby and perhaps to a profession.

My will is to get the proper system, with of course, allowed radio devices, for both video and controlling purposes, therefore OSD and GPS systems for failsafe, etc.

I have developed a mechanism which I am yet to open up a thread, so I am able to reel in and reel out some banners, on high scale models, using some servo based technology, so I can fly over beach and provide a point of sight to people therefore promoting a cheaper way of advertisement, and of course, great visibiliy. I am still testing iwth some glow based trainers, and no FPV equipment on beaches were there are no risk of injury to others.

I am also seeking for insurance company, to cover in case of accidents, some liability to others.

I am also in negotiation with local authorities and Radio and TV companies to provide traffic monitoring and those type of services, but as all Brazilian laws are based on US regulations and most FCC rules, I need to adequate my business to that as well and perhaps others here can start their business based off on such ideas.

The field is very wide open for professional businesses and it can for sure be applicable on a very wide scale of service fulfillment like some here

-- Rural aerial services, cattle monitoring and property monitoring
-- Traffic monitoring on high dense traffic areas (outside of local airfields)
-- TV Ads and commercials that requires aerial view
-- Photography and Video based imagery for institutional purposes
-- Satelite aerial photos
-- Banner system in Beach areas
-- Rescue and salvage (like the recent AIR France episode)
-- Delivery of urgent goods, like organ donation and others (of course with proper system capable of lifting that amount of weight)
-- a few others to explore

My question is, is there anything that would not allow these kind of activities whatsoever?

Kind Regards,

Ernani
FPVExtremer is offline Find More Posts by FPVExtremer
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:57 PM
No guts no glory
Quebec, Canada
Joined Sep 2007
1,677 Posts
yea big security concern, if only your XPS system worked as advertised and allowed us to fly 5 miles away omg we could turn our 2lbs foamies into real weapons! IMO homeland security should be concerned about people flying turbine jets with your XPS system onboard, now that's a real threat to the humanity.
pratorian is offline Find More Posts by pratorian