SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Gary Evans, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:21 AM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Yay for government bureaucracy!

Seriously, go out and fly.
Maybe we start the suggestion that allowing commercial SUAS use will bring in enough money to offset the national debt and avert the fiscal cliff.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:38 PM
Gaftopher
Nottingham Road South Africa/Bedford UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,975 Posts
Certainly could create many small business and keep many families eating.

Buying your motors and materials from mom and pop hobby stores would help with the fiscal cliff thing as well.
Gary Mortimer is offline Find More Posts by Gary Mortimer
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:56 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Well, few ole "friends" working hard to put the lock on FPV this time in France

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2047246...#axzz2GdL2PHHT
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:08 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,611 Posts
Meh. At least in the US, it's your constitutional right to videotape the police. If they tried to stop you from doing that, you could sue the police department and win a ton of money for civil rights violations.
prelator is online now Find More Posts by prelator
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:45 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Those days are near extinction too.
Like to see the brave soul. They will come up with violation you never heard off.
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Jan 02, 2013, 03:17 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Those days are near extinction too.
Like to see the brave soul. They will come up with violation you never heard off.
They can try, but the precedent has been set, quite recently.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2191800.html
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:52 PM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Maybe we start the suggestion that allowing commercial SUAS use will bring in enough money to offset the national debt and avert the fiscal cliff.
Too late. All the good commercial stuff is already being done in other countries where it is allowed (Australia, parts of Europe and I think Canada). When it opens up here, certainly no sooner than 2015, the paid projects will go to the experienced teams who are ready and have a proven record of commercial experience, including work references, reputation in the industry, demo reels and footage used in real movies.
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:09 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Yeah .. France just opened their airspace for SUAV with a limitation of 100 miles .. enough for everyone to test their UAV's, etc ...

Germany is considering it, too: http://www.defencetalk.com/germany-m...or-uavs-40148/
flyandi is offline Find More Posts by flyandi
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:11 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
Btw, Lately they have been a lot of Videos and a bit of press reporting of private "armed" drones .. I wonder if that is a another strategy to get private SUAV out of the airspace ... and limit it to bigger companies who have the "money" and "experience"....
Old Jan 02, 2013, 04:26 PM
FPV Browncoat
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Mar 2011
1,611 Posts
Anybody know Italian? http://www.suasnews.com/2012/12/2042...-for-comments/

While not directly relevant to us, it's always good to keep track of what types of rules other countries are imposing to get an idea of the general trend for what our rules might eventually look like.
prelator is online now Find More Posts by prelator
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:05 PM
San Marcos, CA
Joined Aug 2009
2,871 Posts
FAA Approved Santa

Happy New Year
Old Jan 02, 2013, 06:24 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,109 Posts
No transponder, GPS, or ILS equipment, so restricted to VFR. Also probably not allowed
to fly below 500ft over populated areas, so none of this landing on people's roofs nonsense.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:59 AM
fly by night
Joined Sep 2011
5,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyandi View Post
Btw, Lately they have been a lot of Videos and a bit of press reporting of private "armed" drones .. I wonder if that is a another strategy to get private SUAV out of the airspace ... and limit it to bigger companies who have the "money" and "experience"....
Had a kid in my office for some teeth work. He had it on some cartoon channel. Sure enough - the TV channel shows an ad for a gyro stabilized copter, fully armed and with remote controlled missile launchers.

We can't deny it. Weaponized personal copters are here. Time to ban all stuff... else Weaponized is the fruit of the sea. There, uh, weaponized kabobs, weaponized creole... weaponized gumbo, panfried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple weaponized , lemon weaponized , coconut weaponized , pepper weaponized ... weaponized soup, weaponized stew, weaponized salad, weaponized and potatoes, weaponized burger, weaponized sandwich...

http://www.airhogs.com/en/products/sharpshooter

(apologies to Tom Hanks)
BCSaltchucker is online now Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jan 03, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:43 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
pepper weaponized
Yeah, we call that "pepper spray"....

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:13 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshy View Post
Yeah, we call that "pepper spray"....

-Blues
http://www.amazon.com/Pepper-LA98001...pepper+blaster

Human beings can make a weapon out of just about anything - it's one of the truly beautiful things about the species. I hope that helicopters with machine guns will be taken for what they are - human beings playing with weapons, as we are known to do. I don't think anyone inside the fringe would take it as any kind of serious threat. I mean really... what can a crack dealer do with a quad copter that he can't do with with a 15-year old and a Glock. I don't think civilian use of weaponized UAVs is anything to worry about and I think most of the people involved in the regulation process should be aware of that. I also think the chance of getting this regulation correct on the first try is zero... so we wait and see. If people experimenting with UAV weapon platforms pose a potential public safety problem, then maybe we need laws for that and we update - but I don't think there's any reason to be paranoid about it now.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501