HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 07, 2000, 02:47 PM
Lucas, Texas
Joined Aug 2000
163 Posts
Suggest an ARF 2 Meter electric

Growing tired of my Wattage Whisper, can anyone recommend a good 2-meter electric. Dymond RC has a great deal on an ARF 2 meter at 169.99 with servos and BEC. Any other suggestions??
Crash King is offline Find More Posts by Crash King
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2000, 03:14 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
if i were you i would have looked at two options :
1. cermark easy 72.
2. kyosho soarus/stratus.
i heared very good reviews on both models (a few posts down someone is praising the easy 72). the advantage with the kyosho kits is that you can upgrade from the standard wing version to the aileron version by purchasing the wing only (fuselage stays the same).
there is an online review in the e-zone of the easy 72, take a look !
if you're looking for something more advanced and expensive (like german models) than try searching hobby lobby, new creations...
i am not familiar with the "whisper" so i can't compare it with the others.
good luck, oded.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Aug 09, 2000, 10:44 AM
Lucas, Texas
Joined Aug 2000
163 Posts
Well folded the wing on my Whisper 2M today so I will be needing this a little faster than expected. Any other suggestions.
Thanks
Derek
Crash King is offline Find More Posts by Crash King
Old May 02, 2001, 11:00 AM
Joined Feb 2001
54 Posts
I realize that you've already must have purchased another sailplane, but I wanted to post a praise of the Kyosho Soarus (with modifications).

The main change that I would make is to the power train and propeller. The Graupner 2.8:1 gear reduction speed 500 (or similar) with an 11x7.5 prop works wonders. The supplied propeller is rediculously underpowered and a disservice to the kit and the manufacturer. If you are willing to spend another $100 on a moter and good prop, then the sailplane becomes more than flyable -- totally enjoyable.
Boot is offline Find More Posts by Boot
Old May 02, 2001, 11:40 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
even better power set-up for the soarus is the graupner inline 2.8 gearbox + magnetic mayhem motor on 7-8 cells packs & 12x10 folder. excellent climbs at 20-25 amp'.
this arrangement provide more power than the speed 500 (initially tried that) and uses less amps, so flight time is longer .

oded.
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old May 02, 2001, 03:36 PM
Oxfordshire, UK.
Joined Nov 1999
107 Posts
Hi, Consider the FVK Silent Dream 2.2 metre
in Tee Tail or Vee Tail, I fly the Tee Tail
version, but both are superb flying machines,
the kits excellent, almost ready to go.
Mike. PS look at http://www.nesail.com./silentdream.html

[This message has been edited by dommi (edited 05-02-2001).]
dommi is offline Find More Posts by dommi
Old May 06, 2001, 10:03 PM
westminster ,,ca usa
Joined May 2001
1 Posts
I too folded my wings on my whisper but on the 2nd flight,so i did alot of looking before i bought a cermark phoenix w/ailerons i love this plane..you can see it at cermark.com fully arf w/servos $160..they have a reg.phoenix w/rudder -elevator for $129....these also fly great....good luck
phoenix flyer is offline Find More Posts by phoenix flyer
Old May 06, 2001, 10:22 PM
Gravity Is My Friend !!!
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Joined Mar 2000
1,303 Posts
Check out our Mytos Combo:
http://eam.net/plug&fun.htm

Fully proportional 30amp ESC w/BEC and Brake not just an on/off like the others also the plane is already trimmed out as pictured, it also uses a steel wing joiner rod into an aluminum sleeve instead of aluminum bar into a balsa/ply slot. Flies better too
EAMRC is offline Find More Posts by EAMRC