HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:18 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
There is a flying field 3 miles south of RAFB. Called RiverCity RC. I'd be happy to meet you out there. Everything else is 20-40 miles away from Randolph.

Frank
Frank that'd be great. I'm staying at Lackland during the trip, but we're going to look for houses in the Cibolo/Schertz area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
I bought the 4320-280 for my 72. Turning a 20x8 Xoar at 75 amps or somewhere around 2100w. Fight times on the 4,000 mah packs is about six minutes. I lost about a minute flight time compared to the Scorp. But it does fly well with this setup and not blazing hot when it comes down.

Frank
Did you mean the 4325-280? I have the 4325-280 in my 70" Slick, spinning a 19x10, my temps about 35-40 degrees above ambient outside air temp. I also have the 4320-300 in my 65" Vyper, spinning an 18x10 which runs about 10-15 degrees above ambient temps..
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Registered User
FlyingFrankie's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Frank that'd be great. I'm staying at Lackland during the trip, but we're going to look for houses in the Cibolo/Schertz area.

There's a field near Lackland too called Alamo Radio Control Society (ARCS). But if your getting stationed at Randolph, RiverCity is your most convenient place plus they are more laid back at RiverCity.

Did you mean the 4325-280? I have the 4325-280 in my 70" Slick, spinning a 19x10, my temps about 35-40 degrees above ambient outside air temp. I also have the 4320-300 in my 65" Vyper, spinning an 18x10 which runs about 10-15 degrees above ambient temps..
yup, my typo. 4325-280 spinning 20x8 Xoar.
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Lonelasso's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Frank that'd be great. I'm staying at Lackland during the trip, but we're going to look for houses in the Cibolo/Schertz area.



Did you mean the 4325-280? I have the 4325-280 in my 70" Slick, spinning a 19x10, my temps about 35-40 degrees above ambient outside air temp. I also have the 4320-300 in my 65" Vyper, spinning an 18x10 which runs about 10-15 degrees above ambient temps..
I had the 4325-380 in my 70 SLiCK and was putting out near 100 amps with a xoar 19x10 Cory (Stang Killa SS) had Ken rewind it to 310 (if my memory is correct)
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:39 AM
Registered User
FlyingFrankie's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToW-Mater View Post
I had the 4325-380 in my 70 SLiCK and was putting out near 100 amps with a xoar 19x10 Cory (Stang Killa SS) had Ken rewind it to 310 (if my memory is correct)
Mater,

Was that on 6S? The 4325-280 on 8s with 20x8 Xoar works nice. I was just surprised my flight time dropped to 6 mins over my previous setup. I previously had the Scorp 4025-16, 8s, and 18x8 Xoar and got about 7.5 mins, same battery packs.

Frank
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:59 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Mater,

Was that on 6S? The 4325-280 on 8s with 20x8 Xoar works nice. I was just surprised my flight time dropped to 6 mins over my previous setup. I previously had the Scorp 4025-16, 8s, and 18x8 Xoar and got about 7.5 mins, same battery packs.

Frank
Great little motor that scorp. Still running one in my 70, 18x8 but 6 min all I get, about 25-30% left. on the throttle a decent amount.

To bad they decided to almost double the price.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
Registered User
FlyingFrankie's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Great little motor that scorp. Still running one in my 70, 18x8 but 6 min all I get, about 25-30% left. on the throttle a decent amount.

To bad they decided to almost double the price.
I agree. I think mine got too hot though. All the magnets came loose from the can which is why I replaced it.
FlyingFrankie is offline Find More Posts by FlyingFrankie
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:15 AM
Registered User
twistedgrim's Avatar
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
Still flying my A50-12L on my 71 8s POWA I am going to look at replacing it with an A60-6XS so that I can run my 6s 5000 packs I seem to be using more now since I dont use 4s 4000 anymore really.
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:38 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
I agree. I think mine got too hot though. All the magnets came loose from the can which is why I replaced it.
Also have one on a 65 vyper, exact same setup, opened up the cowl a lot beause vypers(mine) always run a bit hot. It makes a noise(rubbing) but keeps on working. Only makes the noise under power, spins freely by hand...weird. Wanting to go to a 4325 340.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:50 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Also have one on a 65 vyper, exact same setup, opened up the cowl a lot beause vypers(mine) always run a bit hot. It makes a noise(rubbing) but keeps on working. Only makes the noise under power, spins freely by hand...weird. Wanting to go to a 4325 340.
My Vyper is screaming on a 4320-300 spinning a 18x10 on 8s. Oh yeah!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:19 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,166 Posts
now is that a 4320 or a 4325? if its a 4320 it that a custom wind? That KV is not listed on the web site. I see the 4320 is a little over an ounce lighter, but the cross mount is the same size.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 11:39 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
now is that a 4320 or a 4325? if its a 4320 it that a custom wind? That KV is not listed on the web site. I see the 4320 is a little over an ounce lighter, but the cross mount is the same size.
Yes, it was a custom wind that I picked up used. Same size x mount. Awesome little motor! runs cool on the Vyper
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered User
Lonelasso's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFrankie View Post
Mater,

Was that on 6S? The 4325-280 on 8s with 20x8 Xoar works nice. I was just surprised my flight time dropped to 6 mins over my previous setup. I previously had the Scorp 4025-16, 8s, and 18x8 Xoar and got about 7.5 mins, same battery packs.

Frank
Yep, 6S 5000. Oh, and to 'clarify', it was a Motrofly 4325-380
I got about 5....(6, if I was just gOOfing oFF) .....mins with that setup. BeN flew it and gave iT a 1.5 thumbs uP rating
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 12:48 PM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Hey Dave! did you get some flying in this weekend!
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:00 PM
Registered User
Lonelasso's Avatar
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
Hey Dave! did you get some flying in this weekend!
Bout 3.5 hrs...Saturday....with Mr. BoB (motor12) Flew the 'mater-special' and my 51 SLiCK

We terminated operations @ 11:00....uS FOGs can't tolerate the heet for very long !
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Last edited by Lonelasso; Jun 25, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:08 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
Park_aviator's Avatar
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToW-Mater View Post
Bout 3.5 hrs...Saturday....with Mr. BoB (motor12) Flew the 'mater-special' and my 51 SLiCK

We terminated operations @ 11:00....uS FOGs can't tolerate the h33T for very long !
What's the MatEr SpeCIaL?
Park_aviator is online now Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideas for annual fun fly games? JTinCT Electric Plane Talk 9 Jan 29, 2011 11:49 AM
Discussion First Annual "Lawn Dart" fly-in mattJ Thermal 1 Apr 15, 2007 10:39 PM
Fly-In first annual skymac"Vette City Big Birds", giant scale fly-in taildragger21 Fuel Power Events 11 Jul 24, 2006 06:35 PM
First Housefly to Fly Contest johntbyrne Electric Heli Talk 65 Jan 17, 2002 12:36 AM
Dream High, Fly Low Todd Long Sport Planes 2 Apr 23, 2001 04:55 AM